My tama ( gen 2 ) won’t beep!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My tamagotchi generation  2 won’t beep! It’s on unmute, and every thing else beeps! And every time i hold a and c together it doesn’t pull up the on off screen. The night before this it was fine ( it was on stage: baby last night this is my first tamagotchi too ).Now it's on stage child being two tama years old.( I had no problems last night ) FYI i did hold A and C together last night cuz i was scared if it would beep at night ( it went to sleep YAY ) The only beeps it does are when 1)Punish calls 2)when i hit the buttons. Is there anything wrong with my Tamagotchi?

Do i have to replace my tama, restart itt what do i do with it?

Plz tell me if u know how to fix

Last edited by a moderator:
Pressing A & C together will mute and unmute it, but sometimes it's a little tricky. Most tamas, my p2 included, let me hold down the C button then press A. It usually gets the sound back on.

When you play the game, are there any beeps when you win or lose? It could just be in a stage where it doesn't need to call out a ton so it's mostly quiet. Mine beeps the most when it's in a state of distress, so that's a good sign you're being a good tama owner.

If it's not beeping as a result of wining or losing the mini game, then you might have a loose connection. If it's new, you might be able to exchange it. If it's not, it might be worth disassembling.

Edit: I almost forgot- the old-school tamas don't confirm a sound on/off with a screen, that's just the light. Instead, it'll make a "kuh-thunk" sort of weird beep to confirm when the sound is enabled/disabled. Right now you have it enabled, which is why it's working going through the menus and such.

Yes it does beep at me when i play the game. But now i have not heard ANY discipline beeps.Also is 1 eye supposed to be lower than the other on child stage???

I tried to reset it but it didn’t work EVERYTHING ELSE BEEPS BUT IT

Hmmm, idk. Could it be that you're getting busy and don't notice it when you're in the zone on something else? Mine went off and peeped for discipline just now on my lunch break(between 1-1:30pm) but it's an adult that might become an secret character- so it might be different for younger tamas.

I know when I'm working I can't hear it's beeps and boops if it calls out with all the background noises I have going on. 

That makes sense I might take it to my dad cuz he’s good with that stuff to see what he thinks. But it’s with me ALL THE TIME cuz i attached a chain to it to make it a necklace.You may be right though, or maybe it’s to noisy around me. Idk though.I got the tie dye gen 2 from Walmart so maybe somee1 looking at it messed it up not sure though. :mimitchi:

All i know is this:

1. He’s a gen 2  Tie dye Tama.

2. I got him from walmart

3.He was on Shelf L6 in the kids area

4.He’s WAYYY bigger than the Pac-man 1

5. He eats to much cake 🤣🤣

( yesterday on accident I gave him WAYY to much cake and he got to 75 lbs )( pounds )( lol)

My tamagotchi generation 2 won’t beep! It’s on unmute, and every thing else beeps! And every time i hold a and c together it doesn’t pull up the on off screen. The night before this it was fine ( it was on stage: baby last night this is my first tamagotchi too ).Now it's on stage child being two tama years old.( I had no problems last night ) FYI i did hold A and C together last night cuz i was scared if it would beep at night ( it went to sleep YAY ) The only beeps it does are when 1)Punish calls 2)when i hit the buttons. Is there anything wrong with my Tamagotchi?

Do i have to replace my tama, restart itt what do i do with it?

Plz tell me if u know how to fix
I bought a brand new one three days ago, Gen 2 and I’m having the same issues. It doesn’t beep when it gets sick or poops , but all other sounds work. Last night it muted itself I had to unmute. Pressing A and C work but on and off don’t show up either. I already had a tam die full health and happy at age two. As we speak my second tam is now 2, it got I’ll and now beep. I just happen to see it come up… following for a solution…

That makes sense I might take it to my dad cuz he’s good with that stuff to see what he thinks. But it’s with me ALL THE TIME cuz i attached a chain to it to make it a necklace.You may be right though, or maybe it’s to noisy around me. Idk though.I got the tie dye gen 2 from Walmart so maybe somee1 looking at it messed it up not sure though. :mimitchi:

All i know is this:

1. He’s a gen 2 Tie dye Tama.

2. I got him from walmart

3.He was on Shelf L6 in the kids area

4.He’s WAYYY bigger than the Pac-man 1

5. He eats to much cake 🤣🤣

( yesterday on accident I gave him WAYY to much cake and he got to 75 lbs )( pounds )( lol)
Lol I got mine from Walmart in the same section and mine is doing all the same things yours is doing. I feel like I’m staring at the screen all day.. I work from home so it’s easy to keep an eye on it

I also have a Gen 2 and I don't know if it beeps when its falls asleep or poops because for me it doesn't beep when it poops or falls asleep but it does when it has no hunger, happiness or when I play games with it and shuffle to other functions. Maybe I just didn't hear it??

I also have a Gen 2 and I don't know if it beeps when its falls asleep or poops because for me it doesn't beep when it poops or falls asleep but it does when it has no hunger, happiness or when I play games with it and shuffle to other functions. Maybe I just didn't hear it??
The Gen 1 and Gen 2, in their original and remake forms, do not beep when they poop or become sick. They should beep for you to turn the lights out at bedtime, though!

Yes it does beep at me when i play the game. But now i have not heard ANY discipline beeps.Also is 1 eye supposed to be lower than the other on child stage???

I tried to reset it but it didn’t work EVERYTHING ELSE BEEPS BUT IT
I thought I had the same problem, but when I waited until it was close to evolving to teen stage, it started beeping

Latest posts

Back