No choice of discipline type

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SianE

Reaction score
I am helping my son with his Bandai 2017 tamagotchi.  We were having trouble with the discipline so I read a few of the feeds here and I think I understand the system for that now. However, most answers mention either praising or giving a time out and we don't seem to have a choice of the discipline type.  I select discipline and then press B and there isn't a choice in the way there is with food for example. Am I missing something? Thanks!

The discipline option exists in the connections devices, if you are curious on how they look like and how they function you can find more info here.The device you have is the re-release of the original tamagotchi. This version is so simple and all you have to do is take care of it and make it happy all the time. Make sure that the HUNGRY and HAPPY meters are full by feeding it and playing more games or give it medicine when it needs to. Please make sure you don’t feed it too many snacks cause that might kill it. :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am helping my son with his Bandai 2017 tamagotchi. We were having trouble with the discipline so I read a few of the feeds here and I think I understand the system for that now. However, most answers mention either praising or giving a time out and we don't seem to have a choice of the discipline type. I select discipline and then press B and there isn't a choice in the way there is with food for example. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Have you found the answer to this problem? We just got one and when we go to discipline icon there is no option.

Have you found the answer to this problem? We just got one and when we go to discipline icon there is no option.
P.S. the answer someone posted here was not an answer at all, it only told when to, not how to.

P.S. the answer someone posted here was not an answer at all, it only told when to, not how to.
Please keep in mind that this is a fan-run site where real people are taking time out of their day to volunteer to provide answers. The answer posted by member @iAM (not "someone") is completely correct: On this particular Tamagotchi release, there actually is no "how to", only "when to" - the Tamagotchi will sometimes beep when it doesn't need anything (and then refuse to eat or play), and you must then use the Discipline icon to teach it not to do that; A short tune will play to indicate that you've done this correctly. This is also explained in the instructions that came with the device.

The discipline menu with "Praise" and "Time Out" options comes from a different, later Tamagotchi called a "Tamagotchi Connection", and it does not apply to the original Tamagotchi Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Latest posts

Back