A new Tamagotchi has been announced for Japan! It releases on 11/23/21. No info on international release so far.

It'll be a smartwatch-tamagotchi hybrid with voice and touch interactions! It also has additional pieces for new content, kind of like the P's. The straps are removable if you want to use it like a regular tama.

FB_IMG_1623971702116.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

posting extra pictures in the comments due to file size restrictions.

FB_IMG_1623971961108.jpg

• Like 6

im really excited for this one!! to me it just looks fun and im excited to see what they're gonna do! also i like a lot of the new characters!

• Like 4

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D I've wanted a "Tamawatchi" ever since the Tamagotchi line first came to the West in 1997, and it's finally happening! :D

I really hope that this one comes to the West, as well. Though, as with most Japanese releases, it should still be pretty importer-friendly even if it remains Japan-only.

• Like 6

i have so many feelings on this (GOOD FEELINGS THOUGH) but man im so hyped for this!! two whole new color tamagotchis being released in the same year, and both look super fun and promising... we're really getting spoiled for this anniversary this year

also I really love the new characters, they kind of remind me of connection-era character designs and it makes me happy to see tamagotchi go back to having wacky looking characters again (though I love the cutesy ones too dont get me wrong)

If i could save up enough money for it, I'm really tempted to get both this and the pix just to compare and contrast them, it would be fun to raise both at once

• Like 5

This looks better than the pix, IMO, and i hope it eventually arrives to the west. They're pulling a 4U by only have 10 built in characters, but luckily the "downloadable" charas are on some "SD Card."  The 4U didn't age well for me, like unfortunately the app doesn't work for a bunch of modern phones... but now having the TamaSma Card is really neat! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tamastar133 said:

They're pulling a 4U by only have 10 built in characters, but luckily the "downloadable" charas are on some "SD Card."  The 4U didn't age well for me, like unfortunately the app doesn't work for a bunch of modern phones... but now having the TamaSma Card is really neat!

Yeah it feels like another 4u/p's situation... I think the worst part about the 4U for me was the fact that so much of the downloadable content was only in japan at specific dlc stations, which really sucks for anyone not in japan. all I hope is that the prices for the tamasma cards don't skyrocket like the p's pierces did :(

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Omg the touch screen petting! :wub:

I wish the P!x kept its little clicky buttons and had this touch screen capability to be honest.. but no hate intended! It's super cute!!!

Edited by Eozeda
  • Like 4

Based on a video i watched, it seems like the touch feature will overshadow the buttons :o

22 hours ago, Eozeda said:

Omg the touch screen petting! :wub:

I wish the P!x kept its little clicky buttons and had this touch screen capability to be honest.. but no hate intended! It's super cute!!!

Western arms of Bandai take note, this is how you correctly pronounce your product's name. ;)

Anyway, teasing aside, I'm really liking how this looks - and it's refreshing to see that criticisms about an excess of overly-perfectly-cutesy overly-humanoid evolutions are being listened to. I like some of these new character-designs a lot.

• Like 6

On 6/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, Penguin-keeper said:

Western arms of Bandai take note, this is how you correctly pronounce your product's name. ;)

Anyway, teasing aside, I'm really liking how this looks - and it's refreshing to see that criticisms about an excess of overly-perfectly-cutesy overly-humanoid evolutions are being listened to. I like some of these new character-designs a lot.

I'm not on mobile anymore and just realized how huge the video I attached was. Oops!! My bad I think. :mellow: I do love the new characters because they give me a nostalgic vibe, as partial as I am to those excessively cute ones. I think I'm so weird for having more "girly" tama preferences as I've gotten older -- and quite the opposite from the quirky characters I liked before! On the other hand, the new limited edition white version is right up my alley. I'm officially ready to board the nostalgia train with a weirdo tied to my wrist. (In a tastefully mature color might I add. Now I can pretend to be a grown up once again as an adult!) :gozarutchi: 

Sounds like we will have the ability to have the vintage items and sprites of Mametchi, Ginjirotchi, Nyorotchi, and Oyajitchi, as well as wallpapers and clock faces! I couldn't ask for more except it being easier to come by probably.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

I'm not on mobile anymore and just realized how huge the video I attached was. Oops!! My bad I think. :mellow:

Nah, it's not your fault - the forum does that automatically. :P

1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

I do love the new characters because they give me a nostalgic vibe, as partial as I am to those excessively cute ones.

The video suggests that they're striking a good balance, I think. :)

1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

I think I'm so weird for having more "girly" tama preferences as I've gotten older -- and quite the opposite from the quirky characters I liked before!

It's been the opposite for me - I was in my teens when the original devices came to the West, and my favourites back then were characters like Mametchi, whereas now as an adult my favourites are Tarakotchi and his ilk! :tarakotchi: :kusatchi: :gozarutchi:

1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

On the other hand, the new limited edition white version is right up my alley. I'm officially ready to board the nostalgia train with a weirdo tied to my wrist.

Hahaha! :lol:

I quite like the blue one, myself. Or, at least, I think it's blue - on some monitors it seems to look a bit like a pastel green. :huh: Either way, that looks like the one for me!

1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

(In a tastefully mature color might I add. Now I can pretend to be a grown up once again as an adult!) :gozarutchi: 

Now where's the fun in that? ;)

1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

Sounds like we will have the ability to have the vintage items and sprites of Mametchi, Ginjirotchi, Nyorotchi, and Oyajitchi, as well as wallpapers and clock faces! I couldn't ask for more except it being easier to come by probably.

I wonder if the "1996 Friends" card will be available separately? I presume that it's packed in with the white version of the watch.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I found a video on YouTube of some of the gameplay!

There's some discussion in Japanese first, and I was happy to see adults wearing it for a better idea of its size. Lol. Then some gameplay going through most of the functions, which makes me less worried, seeing that it holds the tradition of being easy to learn. I love the white I was fortunate to have coming, but sadly can't get past my desire to keep it NIB, so I'm at an impasse with myself. :D It looks so fun to play with!

I'm not intimidated by it's functions now thanks to this video. I also heard a rumour somewhere that it can be played with outside of the rubber band? Can't wait to see more!

Edited by Eozeda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Eozeda said:

I love the white I was fortunate to have coming, but sadly can't get past my desire to keep it NIB, so I'm at an impasse with myself. 

Where were you able to pre-order? I've been keeping an eye on HobbyLink Japan and the like, but there's no sign of them yet.

3 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Where were you able to pre-order? I've been keeping an eye on HobbyLink Japan and the like, but there's no sign of them yet.

Sort of in a way! The limited color is the first to release, but the seller is receiving it August 5th, so I imagine I'll be waiting an extra month. :( I was lucky to negotiate with them for a better deal at least! A few popped up on eBay as soon as the raffle winners were announced. While looking into it, I noticed some sellers are listing "preorders" for the standard colors there, but it's best for me to wait awhile before other big purchases. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Plus I think it's against eBay's terms to sell a preorder that far in advance, if it cannot be shipped within a month or so, and they don't release until November 23rd I think. Feels risky if they can't form idea of how many units they'll have, so I'd keep checking HobbyLink or maybe JYW?

Speaking of wearables and hopefully not too off topic, but what are your thoughts on the Digimon Vital Bracelet? I think it's interesting that it has more app dependence, whereas the Tama Smart is geared towards wrist gameplay. However, they both have the same plug and download feature, in this case something called the DiM Card. That may be where the similarities end, as it's a very different pet of the fitness genre. Personally, it would make my extremely physical job a bit more of a pleasure to do. :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

so I'd keep checking HobbyLink or maybe JYW?

Unfortunately, Japan You Want is no longer a reasonable option for UK fans since they now require a $200 minimum order to ship here, so it'll just have to be HLJ and AmiAmi, I guess!

Anyway, that explains it, and many congratulations on securing the white one! :D You'll probably be the first person here with a Tamagotchi Smart, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it.

1 hour ago, Eozeda said:

Speaking of wearables and hopefully not too off topic, but what are your thoughts on the Digimon Vital Bracelet? I think it's interesting that it has more app dependence, whereas the Tama Smart is geared towards wrist gameplay.

I didn't even know that it existed until right now! :lol: I'm not a fan of app-dependent devices because mobile applications are so ephemeral, and I've always had a soft spot for self-contained game-watches, so I think that the Tamagotchi Smart would win out for me, here.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I didn't even know that it existed until right now! :lol: I'm not a fan of app-dependent devices because mobile applications are so ephemeral, and I've always had a soft spot for self-contained game-watches, so I think that the Tamagotchi Smart would win out for me, here.

I got my vital bracelet a few months back without realising that the app didn't support my phone, but fortunately it seems that without the app the only features that you can't use are raid battles and stat boosting items

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1