The search for a Giga Pets Explorer

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnamah

Reaction score
I used to own this game when I was a kid. The Giga Pets Explorer, the one from 2006 where you could plug it into a TV? It was like my favorite thing ever at the time. I still remember decorating my little black-and-red puppy's house. Teaching him tricks. Doing all the quests. Hanging out at the beach. Playing the wishing well game. I can hear the music. Feel the buttons of the game.

But then one day, my mom got rid of it one day along with most of the videogames in the house. But now, I can't find one for sale anywhere on the entire World Wide Web. Can't even find an emulator. I stumbled across this site in my search for one. I've found listings on Amazon and on BestBuy, but they all say unavailable and I am 99.9% sure that I'll never find one on there ever. I can find lots of the little keychain pets on ebay and other sites. But I am looking for the 2006 TV game.

If anyone finds one for sale, I would really appreciate if you let me know

I'd say your best bet is probably resale sites like ebay or facebook market place, if you check back once a week or so hopefully someone will list one eventually!

Someone in a discord server found one on Mercari, listed shortly after I mentioned wanting to find one! I bought it today. Now I just gotta wait for it to ship to me. Fingers crossed it's legit and works! From the pictures and description, it does work and comes with the keychain hamster pet, but the keychain will need batteries

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: It arrived and it works! Half the screen is dim the first few minutes it boots up, and needs to "warm up" before it flickers and displays normally. I don't know why it does this. The wire is frayed a little near where it connects to the console. But I'll take it. Worst-case scenario, the old wires give out on me completely and I'll have to find someone with the knowledge and confidence to re-wire it for me.

I am struggling to keep the hamster pet-pet cared for. I don't know what I am doing wrong. But keeping it fed is a chore. The food barely fills it up at all, and it is expensive and hard to come by. I don't know how to get more money besides finding it on walks from digging

I am considering making a guide for the Giga Pets Explorer, but I'd want to find a way to hook it up to my computer so I can capture screenshots for visuals. If I do figure it out, I'll post it somewhere in these forums!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back