Japanese vs English Connections!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Lovelitchi

Reaction score
Which do you prefer, the English connections or their Japanese counterparts? :) I grew up with the English connections, but now that I've tried a couple of the Japanese counterparts I have to say that they have a certain charm to them that I actually find myself preferring--like the weird characters, regional Japanese things and different colored pixels in some versions.

I do love the quirky ones when it comes to vintage devices! I've been interested in getting a chou jinsei enjoi plus, but is that where I should start with these?  :huh:  Not sure where it stands in similarity to the versions. With vintage Japanese, so far I've only had a tenshi in addition to my English angel so it's hard to have a preference there, being so similar and not a connection. My favorite connections are the V3 and V4 so far! I wish I'd liked the V5 but I prefer fawning over a single tama per device for some reason.

I will have to choose the english connections only because that’s what I grew up with. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy and adore the Japanese versions too, it’s just the nostalgia and how well I can take care of my tamas! ^_^  

@Princess Lovelitchi I agree with what you said :)  the japanese connections have specific features that fits the theme of each device, e.g (blue outline for Uratama characters) which I absolutely love and I think they are fascinating!  :wub:

Wish these details were implemented in the english connections.  :ichigotchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do love the quirky ones when it comes to vintage devices! I've been interested in getting a chou jinsei enjoi plus, but is that where I should start with these?  :huh:  Not sure where it stands in similarity to the versions. With vintage Japanese, so far I've only had a tenshi in addition to my English angel so it's hard to have a preference there, being so similar and not a connection. My favorite connections are the V3 and V4 so far! I wish I'd liked the V5 but I prefer fawning over a single tama per device for some reason.
I recently got an entama (chou jinsei enjoi plus), and I'm up to gen 2 now on it, I definitely recommend the version! :) There are two types of entama, the normal one and the CYOI entama (the difference, as far as I know, is only that the games are different. I don't have a CYOI). The v4 is *supposed* to be the English version of the entama, and they do share a lot of similarities, so I think if you really enjoy the v4 you'd find yourself liking this one as well. It is a bit heavy with the Japanese text (mostly with the letters your tama receives), but even if you don't know Japanese it shouldn't be a problem. There are guides online that have the menu/job options translated which I find handy to use.

Some differences between the entama and v4: there is a 'secret' set of hatena characters in the entama that takes a hatena dating card to unlock (which you can get with binary's free program, Enwarehouse, I believe), there is a cooking option where you can combine certain foods to make new foods (I honestly don't know why they didn't put this option into the v4), there are seasonal animations for Japanese holidays, and instead of being a shopkeeper a traveling salesman comes twice a day and brings you one item which you can buy or decline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never played a japanese connection device before (only japanese vintage and color versions) but I've always wanted to get an akai or a uratama. The different colored pixels look so cool!

Is there any differences between the two outside of the obvious language difference and whatnot? I'm not too familiar when it comes to regional differences on the tamagotchi handhelds that gotten english releases.

Is there any differences between the two outside of the obvious language difference and whatnot? I'm not too familiar when it comes to regional differences on the tamagotchi handhelds that gotten english releases.
Yeah, it varies for each version but there are definitely differences! I went over some of the differences of the v4/entama a few replies up.

Yeah, it varies for each version but there are definitely differences! I went over some of the differences of the v4/entama a few replies up.
Yeah I looked up right after I had posted that..lol but interesting nonetheless! The only regional difference I was aware of before was how some tamagotchis got their designed changed and whatnot for international releases, or that they might replace a certain item like how one of them (don't remember how to spell his name) would drink sake in the japanese version, and I think it was changed to coffee in the western version?

Yeah I looked up right after I had posted that..lol but interesting nonetheless! The only regional difference I was aware of before was how some tamagotchis got their designed changed and whatnot for international releases, or that they might replace a certain item like how one of them (don't remember how to spell his name) would drink sake in the japanese version, and I think it was changed to coffee in the western version?
You're probably thinking of Oyajitchi! And yeah, in the Akai, your tama can drink alcohol and get tipsy.

Latest posts

Back