parmesan_bee

thoughts on tamagotchi pix?

so i have been a fan of tamagotchi for years
i believe the first one i got was for christmas in 2007? maybe even 2006? and me and my cousins would get one as a present for every major holiday pretty much
anyway, so when i learned about the tamagotchi on and the tamagotchi pix, i was really stressed out because i didnt know which one to get. i had read so many reviews about how the tamagotchi pix was inferior and it wasn't worth it - and a lot of good reviews about the tamagotchi on so i had my mind set on the On

however, the On was sold out everywhere within a 100 mile radius near me. i spent all day pouting about it. my bf was just like "lets order it, it'll be here in two days" and i ALMOST did.. but i saw that there were a couple tama Pix's left at the target near me
we spent almost forty minutes in the car while he waited for me to make my decision: was i going to order a tamagotchi on or just go in and get a pix?

long story short, i got the pix. i was hesitant; we even kept the receipt and the box just in case i would want to return it and order the on later.

but i am utterly OBSESSED with my pix! i love how much one on one time i get with my tamagotchi. i love how detailed the game play is, how aesthetic the animations are, how endless the opportunities are, and so so so any more things about this game
I have yet to play an On, but I wanted to know if anyone else feels the same way that i do? all of the reviews i read on the pix were pretty awful so i am just curious...

also side note if anyone has a pix and wants to drop their qr code i would be so happy bc my tama needs new friends 😄

• Like 2

I was equally hesitant about picking up the Pix, as I had no interest in the Meets/On whatsoever and honestly, the faceplate designs were super uggo.

Like you, though, I'M SO GLAD I DID. It might be enormous and drink batteries like water, but the new levels of interactivity the touch pads enable really elevate the entire Tamagotchi experience. I appreciate that camera use is not mandatory in caretaking, either. 

Anyway, I've become attached to my little pink Pix. The aesthetics are a little childish compared to the very "now" Smart, but only the Pix will let me fulfill my dream of raising Mimitchi and Ginjirotchi in full color! If you need me I'll be playing ping pong with my Tama...! 

• Like 1

I wasn't initially thrilled with the Pix for some of the most notorious reasons – reports of the screen having backlight issues where a big dark spot ruins the look, and most commonly unresponsive buttons or responding incorrectly. I only recently decided to buy another after a full refund made me whole, and I couldn't believe it! None of those issues are apparent after thorough testing. :o I can actually enjoy all of the mini games finally!

It would really seem that these have some quality issues per model to be very aware of, but are overall worthwhile. I'm grateful I also managed to get one that did not have the common cosmetic issue of the faceplate paper being misaligned either.

The gameplay is so much more fun! I now see why there is a divide in reviews. Furthermore I highly recommend the baby sitter function in the phone that appears at child stage, if you find yourself getting overwhelmed or too busy. It's something that started to happen to me truthfully. They're a bit more demanding than other models, but much easier to care for if you get a model with properly functioning buttons, and make use of the sitter.

That being said however, I will forever love the mix feature from the past gen (m!x/meets/on/some) the most, with the P's coming in as my second favorite. :P I would 100% recommend them even if you prefer the new smooth animations and features. The mymeets app, magic hut, and on app really add depth to the things you can do!

Edited by Eozeda
  • Like 1

I was wondering about the pix- does it have seasonal/holiday decorations or animations like the meets/on has? I haven't heard anyone mention those, but I don't know if it's because the pix is so new or because they don't have those kinds of things.

Great question! 

There are seasonal decorations that you can pick up through Missions on the Tamagotchi website, as well as seasonal accessories and items in the shop...but not as many as on the Meets, Mix, or Smart. I've yet to see a proper holiday happen, but I've admittedly been focusing on the Smart for the past several weeks...maybe others have seen something? 

• Like 2