Sign in to follow this  
Penguin-keeper

Tamasocky - Tarakotchi keychain sock-doll

I can sew and crochet plush toys, but my favourite part of the creative process is working on facial-features, thread-sculpting, and so on, and so I recently started making sock-dolls because they allow me to get to that stage faster. I have a couple of unfinished projects sitting on my desk waiting for me to get back to them, and I decided that today I would take a brief break from them in order to create a small item that could be finished quickly.

U8PUAym.jpg

This little keychain of Tarakotchi was the result. :tarakotchi: He's made from small pieces of two different pastel-coloured socks, his legs and hair (which also houses a metal split-ring) are made from black felt, and his eyes and smile were hand-embroidered with doubled-over size 8 pearl cotton. He took a little over an hour-and-a-half to complete, though this was spread throughout other tasks, rather than done all at once.

Not only is this little Tarakotchi keychain my first ever finished sock-doll project, he's also the first ever project to be posted to the TamaCrafts Club! Welcome to the club, Tarakotchi. :lol:

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 4

Congratulations on finishing a project, and for breaking in the new Club! 

I really like how you used the hair to hold the split ring. Very economical! 

The facial expression is also super cute...love those big spacy eyes. 

Looking forward to seeing what you do next! 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, OldSchoolVPQ said:

Congratulations on finishing a project, and for breaking in the new Club! 

Thanks very much! :D

I really like how you used the hair to hold the split ring. Very economical! 

Haha, I'm glad that you liked that part! It ended up that way out of necessity - I realised that if I put the split-ring anywhere else, he wouldn't hang upright once attached to a bag or my keys. :lol:

The facial expression is also super cute...love those big spacy eyes. 

Thankyou again - I had a lot of fun with the face embroidery, and I really love how it came together. He ended up with exactly the slightly-derpy look that I wanted him to have. :tarakotchi:

Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

I've just completed a non-Tamagotchi craft that I'll be posting shortly - stay tuned! :D

Edited by Penguin-keeper

Sign in to follow this