Broken bt21 tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosiePosie

Reaction score
So I got the new bt21 tamagotchi yesterday and everything has been good but it kept beeping in the middle of the night and my roommates don’t appreciate a tiny toy waking them up. So I tried to put the pull tag back in but the screen went blank. The buttons still worked but then I tried again and the buttons no longer made noise. I was trying to take the back off but there are no screws and I can’t open it up to look at what I did. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this?

First off, are you able to remove the pull tab again? The pull tab blocks the batteries from powering the toy, so once removed the toy should power on. 

You should also press the reset button on the back to wake it up properly. You'll have to restart from scratch, but that was already determined when you put the pull tab back in. 

It is possible to turn the sound off on a BT21 Tamagotchi by pressing the A and C buttons at the same time.

Also it shouldn't be beeping in the middle of the night. Are you sure you had the time set correctly? (AM vs PM) 

This English manual might be useful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyi51v1q5wn0ac3/Instructions_BT21_EN.pdf?dl=0

Hope you can get it working again and can play in harmony with your roommates. 

Guys I also badly need help with my tama. I got it a few days ago. When I was sleeping I guess the kids accidentally dropped it in a glass of water. By the time I discovered it the next morning I quickly removed the battery and let it dry in rice for a day. I hear the sounds but the screen is still blank. I want to try to clean the screen but I don't know how? Please give me any advice. Thank you

Unless you are skilled with electrical work, I would recommend returning/exchanging it at the shop you bought it at, or contacting Bandai customer service. Water is more or less a death sentence for virtual pets, I'm afraid.

Unless you are skilled with electrical work, I would recommend returning/exchanging it at the shop you bought it at, or contacting Bandai customer service. Water is more or less a death sentence for virtual pets, I'm afraid.
Both of those are a little bit out of my reach. I'm located in the Philippines and the tama was bought overseas. I just finished cleaning the insides with isopropyl and let it dry. When I put it all together it worked. But now the problem was the screen. When you switch it on the display are fine. But after setting the time the characters started to fade. Although the screen has a stain which was unavoidable. I don't know why the display became faded?

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_194157.jpg
    IMG_20211205_194157.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2
  • received_326146872369068.jpeg
    received_326146872369068.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back