Tamagotchi v2 Commercial

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech Admin

Has anyone seen the Tamagotchi Connection v2 TV commercial? (we have it here)

What are your thoughts on it?

Last edited:
When I first looked at it, I was like OMG it totally sucks.

I know tamagotchis were made for the younger generation..

But I'm 19 years old and it's totally unappealing to me.

Just my insight on it. :huh:

But it's a great commerical for the little kids. ;)

well, i think that for girly-girls around the age of nine or so would love it, but i don't like the voice. and, 'styles' isn't a very good tamagotchi-ish word, but i think 'designs' is. no offesnse bandai, but the v1 was better with sound and words. but the v2 commercial has much better pictures and close-up shots of tamagotchis, but the version1 commercial showed them fast and didn't really show detail.

I just saw it, I don't like it! It sounds like a pop and rap song together. It's not very persuasive and 'shopping spree?' That's not very tamagotchiish. Sorry Bandai, but it's not that good. And the "V2!" in the background makes it sound like it's a camera. And the music is horrible. I hate the commercial and the girls are kind of very wierd. And I hate the accent of 'NEW CHARATERS AND LOTS OF STYLES!" And it's too short too. Not that I want to continue with such horrible quality ;) so mimitchilover, I agree with you.

here is the commercial for those who haven't seen it

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first looked at it, I was like OMG it totally sucks.I know tamagotchis were made for the younger generation..

But I'm 19 years old and it's totally unapwhenpealing to me.

Just my insight on it. ;)

But it's a great commerical for the little kids. :huh:
wow lilyroxs that was kinda harsh but i guess its true ;) :(

Nice work. However, it is a tad "girly". But, I guess it would apeal to the younger generation. However, the effects and the screenshots are quite good. :rolleyes: .

:rolleyes: WOWEE! THATS THE BEST COMMERCIAL IVE SEEN!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :eek: :) :) :) I AM 10, SO I HAVE 14 TAMAGOTCHIS (JUST VER2) AND I HAVE 8VER 1'S AND IM A SERIOUS TAMA FAN, AND I LOVED THAT!!!!!!!!!

FROM GOTCHIFAN11

Well, I'm part of the younger generation and I'm not very 'girly' either- I hated it! I was thoroughly disappointed :eek: ....

:eek:   i don't really think you should say bad things that took hard work  :huh:
From what I see, the Americans don't market things quite well as the Japanese do.

Anyways, it's mostly older people who do the marketing and they don't really understand what's appealing to kids now a days.

(I'm an ex-international business marketing major in college.)

And it's more marketed towards the GIRLS and will probably push the BOYS away.

They should make tama characters talking to each other or something like that.

Or spend more time actual coming up with something more appealing.

And I also agree it kind of went by really really fast.

Slow things down a pace! Geez. :huh:

And sweetie, everyone has their own opinions.

Well after I watched I said "That is the second worst commercial I've ever seen". It is so stereotypically girly. Oh yeah sure throw a boy in there just bouncin' around but doesn't even have a tama in his hands. Just take out the people and make it just with the tamagoptchi charcters.

Extremely Dissapointed.

-Chohimetchidude

Well, i didn't play it with the sound on. I guess it is OKish but the kids look awful i tere. XC

But I am happy to see the characters!

And what are thse memethis doiong on the front?

Well, it is better than in Spain, where the advert is all stretchy and... crap. :)

But the effects are nice!

I for one kinda liked it, It reminded me of a gwen stefani song, i dont know :wub: I liked how it has more boyish colors and girlish colors, I think bandai is finally realizing boyz like em two. Did u see the new v2 colors very gender neutral, for the most part :wub:

:) This S___ Is Bannanas, B-A-N-N-A-N-A-S! :D

It's really cheezy.... It kinda sound's like a rap song!

:) I'm joking!!!! :wub:

It makes an old lady sitting in a chair and knitting a sweater saying that her grandson is so happy to have a Tamagotchi sound good. To girlish, weird music, and "shopping sprees." Appealing? I don't think so. Maybe if there were Tamagotchi characters singing, now that would be good. And then chohimetchis dancing. :) :wub:

Or Mimitchis :wub: :D :D ;)

Ver.2 Mimitchi

The commericial itself wasn't that great, but they show sooooooooo many different tama colors that I've never seen before, now I wanna buy them all ^_^
Yeah it sound like the "banana" song!And it's creepy!

I really agree with the other person who said it was only targeting young children. I'm 19 also. I think they should have different kinds of age groups maybe even old people taking care of their tamas with their grandchildren. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back