Everyone over 20 years old!!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaniflora

Reaction score
Okay, I decided to create a thread for all of us old ppl here (meaning everyone over 20) so we wouldn't feel quite as freakish and alone here. I think it is nice to have friends in all age groups but sometimes you just wanna hang around with people who are nearer your own age. :D

I am 26 and yes, I love tamagotchis and had the first generation tamagotchi back in -97. Even then I was perhaps a weirdo according to my friends since none of them had a tamagotchi... ;)

I heard about the new tamagotchis this year and I just had to have one of those cute things! I study computer-related stuff so I made up a convenient little excuse why I wanted one.. 'they're just interesting professional-wise... I mean software.. umm...' :D Ofcourse when I went to buy one I sorta pretended I was buying one for my sister's kid.... B)

Now I'm going to buy another and still haven't 'come out' to my friends about the fact that I own tamagotchis.... My family knows but they think nothing of it since they're all weird! :D :D

Well I hope I'm allowed to post here;

I'm 20, and I too am addicted to Tamagotchi.

I agree with you about having friends in all age groups, but sometimes it's really nice to have a mature group of people to talk to.

I feel like an old fart when I read posts in forums about all of the "features" the new tamagotchis should have that are simply unrealistic for a $15 toy... I keep thinking "when I was 13 I was just thrilled to have the simplistic original tamagotchi" ... by comparison they did nothing... now people are asking "Why not colour screens? why not more sounds?" and the like. I can't stop thinking "spoiled kids these days..." (as if the batteries aren't already a problem with some tamagotchis, haha)

Anyways, I've ranted enough.

Yay for being young at heart!

Ah it is good to see there are people my age that are involved in these addictive little creatures. ;) I am 22 years old, I have three of these tamagotchi's. I was a fan back in the late 90's, and I am just a big kid at heart. Perhaps I am a little childish, but, it does not matter. I am who I am. I am glad to see that there are several older people out there. Beginning to think I was the only over 20 person there was, lol and a male at that. I shall keep this short for now, until next time.

I'm 29! (wow, that sounds old) Like Solaniflora I'm also in the Computer "business", so I'm "allowed" to play with these toys. I actually wrote an article about Tamagotchi Connexion for a children's magazine in the Netherlands, lol. I also had a couple of tamagotchi's in 1997 and people thought I was weird back then... But I just like toys and cute stuff and think there's nothing wrong with keeping the inner child in you alive ;) Most of my friends know about my addiction and think it's nice, someone even bought me a virtual pet!

Oh cool, I'm so happy to see ppl on this thread!!!! :p I seem to be usually the 'thread killer' because all threads just end when I comment or when I start one there's the sad '0 replies' tag all the time.... :D

I'm not really uptight about that age limit, anyone feeling older than a teen is allowed here!! :)

I've gotten my husband to play with my tamagotchis occasionally now but he usually gets so competitive that he tries to overfeed his tama to make it win games!!! ;)

Lol, my boyfriend isn't allowed to touch my tamagotchis.

I'm glad you started this post for the "Elderly" of the forum, but I must say I find myself checking back here less and less frequently as the maturity level of the overall site drops. I can't deal with the "hip" new way of spelling every word wrong, and with questions that are actually answered in the instruction manual. (Such as "oh, that's an attention icon?")... I'm getting frustrated :D

So yeah, there's an addition to my old-fart rant. I'll have more in a few days I'm sure, haha

LOL your quite right Clarinutty, but I have a better one. I love the people that ask the same question 3-4 times. And then all the repeat questions. You can check the board and see the same poll, same questions have the time. :D

As for the lingo...I couldn't even begin to tell you where in the world they get it from. I am not sure if it is because they don't want to type out the full words or what. Confusion sets in quickly when it comes to stuff like that.

Looks like there is more than one Finnish "weirdo" in this board B)

I'm 24, and male, yes (OMG!), having Connexion V1 (baby blue) and V2 (see-through turqoise).

I'm also in IT industry and interesting everyhting that is electronic, small and comes from Japan :huh:

Tamas are really not just for 8 or 10yo kids. They are ageless toys/entertainment.

Now i'm awaiting to see into which adult my Hinotamatchi is going to evolve tomorrow morning... Tarakotchi I guess, as with the attitude he has shown this far B)

Sigh, at least I got nice pair of boots for him there awaiting... B)

EDIT: sentence correction

Last edited by a moderator:
This topic was made a year ago in 2004, and it is useless for probably all these member do not come on TamaTalk anymore. Please do not bring up old topics from the back. Almost all of them are useless. So this topic doesn't get brought back again....

*Closed by Rock'in Robotchi*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back