How-To Guide for Debugging your Tama

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harutchi

Reaction score
I wrote this out for people in the Tamagotchi Livejournal Community, and since all the tips and tricks are gone, I thought I'd post it here. ^_^

Warning: If you damage your tamagotchi by doing this, it's your own fault. No one's making you debug, and I'm not responsible if you don't do it right. This guide DOES NOT WORK on anything but a Tamagotchi Connection V1 and V2. Connexions, En-Tamas, etc. do not debug. I have no idea whether the V3s do or not, but I would advise against messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

That said, on to the good stuff.

Step 1. Unscrew the back of your tamagotchi the same way you would to change the batteries. Remove the battery. Don't lose the battery or the screw! ;D

Step 2. You will need a very small screwdriver. Unscrew the four little screws that hold the case together. They're really small, so don't lose them.

Step 4. Pry the two halves of the case apart. Do it VERY GENTLY so you won't break anything. It may be a little difficult getting it apart by the keyring, but just keep at it.

Step 5. You will see a circuitboard. Don't mess with anything on it just yet. Make sure the side that holds the battery is facing you.

Step 6. There are two half-circles with the word DEBUG next to them. With a blunt pencil (not a mechanical pencil, that will just break) scratch over those two half-circles so you get some pencil lead between them.

Step 7. Put the tamagotchi back together. Remember to put the battery back in. (duh)

Step 8. Press the reset button and choose "reset", not "download." Set the date, time, and your birthday like normal, and the baby will hatch. By pressing the A button at the initial baby screen (where it tells you the gender), you can scroll through all the tamagotchis and even some that never became official tamagotchis (testers, i guess). You can reset it and do this as many times as you want.

Info: When you press the C button in debug mode, it speeds up time so you can grow your tamagotchi very quickly. The time will go back to normal whenever your tamagotchi needs anything, so you don't need to worry about that. To un-debug, just use a cotton swab or a small eraser to rub off the pencil from the two half-circles.

If you have any questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer you! :D

:pochitchi: i am just wondering.. :unsure:

does this mess up your tama? i have a v2.

one of my friends at school told me this cheat but she said that theres a risk that your tama will break... :D

please reply ..i really want to know. :mametchi: :eek: :D B) :mimitchi: :eek:

[SIZE=14pt]please emali me back i really want to know if this messes up your tama...[/SIZE]

like if it beaks it...dont worry.. i wont make fun of ya.

actually..i need a friend anyway!! :unsure: :eek: :D :eek: :D

you CAN break your tama if you don't to it properly. after all, you are opening up the guts of your tamagotchi. just make sure you are gentle and you DO NOT mess with anything else inside of it. if you do it properly, though, you should have no problem. my tama has been debugged for quite a while now, and there is no problem with it at all. :unsure:

This will work with V3 as well,also if you ever want to undo the debug,just gently use a qtip to wipe away the lead,I have done this with quite a few tamagotchis that my 2 sons have

Thanks

Steve

i would liked to debug my tama sometime soon!

if you want some pics to show how it looks, click here

My v3 busted. It had this big black blob on the screen, just appeared there, so we took it apart to see if we could figure out what was going on. If we squeezed that screen (it was really 2 stuck together and the black stuff was in between), we could squeeze the black stuff out, but when we put it back together, it just came back.

Anyway, when we took it apart, I didn't see the word "debug" anywhere in there.

^ believe me its in there but its really small!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS POST! IT WORKED AND IT ANSWERED ALL OF MY QUESTIONS! MY TAMA IS NOW DEBUGGED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back