Sea Monkeys?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like (or heard of) SeaMonkeys?

• Yes! They are awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I've never heard of them. What are they?

• NO! I do not like them....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relaurax

Reaction score
Everyone loves SeaMonkeys! I just hatched some last night.... :rolleyes:

I used to have them. I got them three times, they died every time after two weeks though... ^_^

"sea monkeys" are actually brine shrimp.

They make great food for my tropical fish lol :unsure: :) .

Yeah.. ditto
Just bought a new batch on Friday to start them off again.

Fingers crossed for luck....

Best, etc.

TamaMum
Haha. I just put the egg powder in...

The cute little black dots! Hehe! :furawatchi:

Its my first batch so im delighted of whats so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a very tiny form of shrimp. (or prawn if you like...)Teeny tiny in fact. You can buy the eggs from most aquarium shops. Ask for "brine shrimp".

They are a very tiny form of shrimp. (or prawn if you like...)Teeny tiny in fact. You can buy the eggs from most aquarium shops. Ask for "brine shrimp".
I see youve read the manual, but the manual states its a TYPE of brine shrimp. So asking for brine shrimp alone wont get you sea monkeys egg.

Anyways, I really loved my sea monkeys, until they got really really big and you could actually see them. I loathed at the sight of them, and just let them to die until my sister knocked over their cage. THEN I wanted them again. They said if you leave some kind of water or something in the cage for a specific amount of days then it should crystalize the eggs, sadly mine never did.

I see youve read the manual, but the manual states its a TYPE of brine shrimp. So asking for brine shrimp alone wont get you sea monkeys egg.
Anyways, I really loved my sea monkeys, until they got really really big and you could actually see them. I loathed at the sight of them, and just let them to die until my sister knocked over their cage. THEN I wanted them again. They said if you leave some kind of water or something in the cage for a specific amount of days then it should crystalize the eggs, sadly mine never did.
Acctully, they are a SPEICIES of Brine Shrimp.

And yes, asking for "Brine Shrimp" will not get you anywhere...

Unless they have some! lol!

Crystalizing does not always work. If you want to call it that...

Only if you had a big batch, with green algae on the side.

I had some about ten years ago (and then again one year ago, but I digress) and I used to look at them with my microscope... believe me, they're not as cute up close. :lol: But I still liked them.

:furawatchi: :gozarutchi: lol....actually I haven't read any manual. Sorry I wasn't quite specific enough for you. When Mimitchi&hanatchilover asked what they were, I figured "brine shrimp" was good enough.

If you aren't obsessed with having a genuinely named "sea Monkey" pet, the regular brine shrimp eggs from the aquarium shop will in fact work just as well. I know this because I breed them for fish food.

As I am a curious type I went looking for more information. This is a link to the same site relaurax had but a different page.

www.sea-monkeys.com faq

It explains the actual differences between "brine shrimp" and "Sea Monkeys".

QUOTE from the page.....

"How are Sea-Monkeys different from brine shrimp?

There are several differences. Sea-Monkeys grow much larger (up to .5" long) and live longer than ordinary brine shrimp. They are also a lot more active and can be taught to perform "tricks", unlike ordinary brine shrimp."

Anyone ever actually grown a Sea Monkey that was anywhere near 0.5" long? EDIT(I originally mis-typed and put 5" long!!!!!!! hahahahaha)

I haven't found Sea monkeys to be anymore playful or better at tricks than a regular brine shrimp.

Remember that this site is www.seamonkey.com....they want you to buy the Sea Monkeys (money for them)......not the brine shrimp(no money for them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back