I don't understand :'(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamaguy#1

Reaction score
I just don't get it. BanDai has actually put Tamagotchi under the girls catagory on their site. :wacko: Don't they know that boys can like virtual pets too?!?! :(

Oh BanDai, your so awesome because you made Tamas, but c'mon! They are being TOTALLY steriotype.

I don't think it's fair to all of the guys who like Tamagotchis. I think we should be able to buy Tamagotchi Pets whithout feeling like a girl.

I thought they were doing better about it 'cause I saw more gender neutral designs and colors for V.3 but I guess not.

I think I might e-mail them just so they know that there ARE boys out there that LOVE LOVE LOVE Tamagotchis(and I'm one of them)!

-(really disappointed /w/ the world's best VP manufacturer)Tamaguy#1 :ph34r:

I think it's more that tamagotchi generally appeals more to girls. I haven't actually been to BanDai's site, but they should have tamagotchi in a unisex category. I agree that it's stupid to make it seem only for girls.

there iare also lots of people that aren't kids that like them. I'm 19 and I have lots of fun with mine.

The v3 commerical makes me want to hurl, it's so cutesy and annoying.

I just think it's ridiculous. The toy itself isn't girly or childish, so why would BanDai advertise it as if it were?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :D :D :angry: :angry: :( :( :( :(

Oh, it just bugs me. Sorry if this topic is pointless. :(

(STILL dissappointed and sad)-Tamaguy#1 :(

Exactly. Some people at Toys 'R' Us gave me dirty looks when I bought my V2. BanDai needs to quit this "Only little girls play with Tamagotchi" crud. Either that, or bring back the Digimon.

I think it's the time that they show the commercial and they think more little kids will be watching.

But, you're right it is WAYYYYYYYY too Cutesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Exactly. Some people at Toys 'R' Us gave me dirty looks when I bought my V2. BanDai needs to quit this "Only little girls play with Tamagotchi" crud. Either that, or bring back the Digimon.
How I wish my Digimon still worked.

The ad scares me anyway.

How I wish my Digimon still worked.
The ad scares me anyway.
If you live in a suburb, you can check garage sales on Saturdays.

[SIZE=12pt] Well, more girls like them, then boys. More girls like taking care of things than boys, it is a known fact.[/SIZE]

Anyways, if you are a guy, play with them anyways. It doesn't matter what they are wrongly categorized as.

Regards,

DarkCore :angry:

Some people at Toys 'R' Us gave me dirty looks when I bought my V2. BanDai needs to quit this "Only little girls play with Tamagotchi" crud.
I totally agree. They make it sound as if it's dumb for anyone that is not a pre-teen and a girl to own and play with tamagotchis.

So sue me, BanDai. I'm a 29 yr. old guy that owns 8 tamas and plays with them every day.

:angry: B) B)

Just ignore them, they are the ones that are being silly if they think it's bad for guys and adlts to play with them.

And I also think it would be nice if they brought back the Digimon, and I'm a girl lol.

don't be sad... It's alright just have fun with your tama and prove it's for boys just as well for girls!!! B)
You're right! Thanks. I'm gonna prove a point. I e-mailed BanDai just to let them know that there are guys and teens who like Tamas! I heard somewhere that 45% of Tamagotchi Caretakers were OVER 15yrs. old. I just think BanDai needs to know that not just little girls play /w/ Tamas.

I mean, they don't just do it /w/ girls, they do it to older kids and teens in general. Making the commercials all cutsey and childish.

Hopefully they'll respond to my e-mail commplaint.

-(not so dissappointed and ready to prove a point to BanDai)Tamaguy#1 :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back