Totally stressin', yo!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoreham

Reaction score
So, I ordered a Tamagotchi Connexion from a e-bay seller "Barb's collectibles" (since I'm not complaining about the service I recieved from this seller, I didn't think it'd be unethical to mention the name. Good seller, actually, despite my situation). I sent out payment for the auction by Xpress post from here in Nova Scotia, Canada, and it was supposed to take 4 or so business days; it took way longer to reach her in Florida.

It's been more than 7 business days now and I'm getting antsy. I'm starting to feel like I might've well have waited for the North American release date and fended for myself.

I've never ordered anything from an International seller before, and don't know what to expect. How long should I expect it to take to get to me from Florida to Nova Scotia? Is there something about Tamagotchis that Americans feel the need to detonate at the border in case of terrorist attack? Do Tamagotchi Connexion/Connection even really exist? I've yet to see any actual physical evidence these things exist <_< If any of you could assure me that I didn't imagine Tamagotchi Conne*ion, or tell me something encouraging about what happens to mail at the border, that'd be cool.

Don't worry. Maybe they are a bit held up or something. I don't think that tamagotchis pose much of a terrorist threat (unless you modify the IR connection thing to become a laser! lol!) And yes, Tamagotchi Connections/Connexions do exist. Ask anybody on this forum, most of them will give you all the evidence you need! :lol: I myself own two!

Don't worry. Maybe they are a bit held up or something. I don't think that tamagotchis pose much of a terrorist threat (unless you modify the IR connection thing to become a laser! lol!) And yes, Tamagotchi Connections/Connexions do exist. Ask anybody on this forum, most of them will give you all the evidence you need! :lol: I myself own two!
I don't know, man. I'm pretty convinced that you guys all made it up just to get me all excited, then sad because they don't really exist. Quite the photoshop job you guys are doing! :(

If I worked at the border, I'd detonate Tamagotchis and site "potential terrorist activities could be committed with this device" just to be contrary- and for the power trip.

Cleo: *polishes her Ninja stars* Oh! *puts them away* What do you mean terrorist activities?? *smiles innocently*

I knew it! :lol: You zany terrorists and your zany terrorist attacks... and Tamagotchi-detonation at the border... Zany, zany, zany.

Yeah, I still think they're made up.

:(

I live in the US and have ordered things from Canada. It seems like it takes forever. If I remember correctly, it took almost a month, but it got here, safe and sound. I'm sorry if that doesn't make you feel any better. I know it's hard to wait!

Also, I ordered one from her last Friday, but haven't heard from her yet! How long did it take her to reply to e-mails and such? Sometimes my email doesn't work, so I'm blaming it on that.

She's quick to e-mail back and whatnot. I've recieved replies from her in less than 24 hours from sending her e-mails. I've found her to be an efficient and professional seller.

A MONTH? You have ruined my day. Seriously. I won't be at this house anymore a month from when she shipped it to me. :lol: (not your fault, not angry at you personally or anything, just totally bummed now because someone who moves into my house after me is getting my Tamagotchi)

Today, it'll be 12 business days since she shipped it to me. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I might give her bad feedback (neutral if I'm only quasi-pi**ed) for grossly misquoting me shipping time. A power seller should know how long it takes to ship something to a only somewhat foreign location (I'm in Canada, not Cambodia!). I shouldn't be this annoyed and stressed about when I'm recieving my Tamagotchi. I ordered something from HONG KONG AFTER I ordered my Tamagotchi from her, and that item has already arrived. Yes, I did pay paypal, so I did expect it to be a littler quicker [SIZE=8pt](as opposed to my sending a money order to her, but I sent that XPRESS post- that's a complaint for a different thread, as I'm also annoyed with Canada Post)[/SIZE] but this is getting really ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hong Kong and it's there already? Must have something to do with the US customs then. I'm so sorry! How long did she tell you it would take to get there? Does Canada do the forwarding address thing for when someone moves? I hope your tamagotchi gets there soon!

Hong Kong and it's there already? Must have something to do with the US customs then. I'm so sorry! How long did she tell you it would take to get there? Does Canada do the forwarding address thing for when someone moves? I hope your tamagotchi gets there soon!
Oh, I *know* it's US customs. It's ALWAYS the USA. [SIZE=8pt](I work for tourism, and get ridiculous questions and requests from Americans, so sometimes-especially when I'm frustrated- I talk smack about Americans. I don't realistically blame Americans for all my woes, but it makes me feel better)[/SIZE] Ferchirssake, not everybody wants to bomb the US. And this thing's leaving the states to effin' CANADA. NOVA SCOTIA, Canada. There's nothing to blow up in Nova Scotia.

She told me 7-10 business days. My patience is wearing thin. I'm not really mad mad at her, I'm frustrated she didn't know how long it would take to reach its destination in Canada, but really. Quoting me 7-10 business days was sort of mean. I'm not sure what to do about address forwarding, I don't know if I'll have to pay for the shipping for myself to have it sent to where I actually am.

Today, it'll be 12 business days since she shipped it to me.  If it doesn't come tomorrow, I might give her bad feedback (neutral if I'm only quasi-pi**ed) for grossly misquoting me shipping time.  A power seller should know how long it takes to ship something to a only somewhat foreign location (I'm in Canada, not Cambodia!).  I shouldn't be this annoyed and stressed about when I'm recieving my Tamagotchi.
you should leave neg. feedback it shouldn't take that long to get it. I got mine in 8 business days. She doesn't ship them from florida cause I emailed her and asked how long it would take to get mine since I lived in Florida too and she replied back saying they were shipped from California.

Aarrrrg that means that besides it traveling North, it also has to travel East. I'm going crazy. If it doesn't get in soon, I am leaving negative feedback. It's been longer than the amount of time she told me. They're going to come out in stores before I get the one that I ordered to avoid buying in stores. I can't even get one on the 15th because there's no Sunday shopping here. I'm thoroughly annoyed.

I am in Florida and I have sent payment for something once to Canada and It didn't take a month..... I would think you should get it soon. Yes maybe you should have waited. Maybe a lesson learned now? Im sorry you have had to wait so long. Its really hard to waitt for something that you really want. Just try to be calm and keep your fingers crossed thats all I know to say. I hope it gets there soon. Good luck!

I'm mostly annoyed because I was so grossly misquoted for shipping time. She told me 7-10 business days. It's been longer than that. I work for a reservation service. If I made a reservation and quoted the client 99 dollars a night + tax, and when they got there it was actually 199 a night + tax, that would be unacceptable, right? Well, I think that example is comparable to my experience with this e-bay seller. I'm happy to pay whatever to get this thing in (and I would order a UK model anyway in the interest of collections) but she shouldn't have quoted me what she did, knowing where she was shipping it to.

I would lose my job if I misquoted somebody something. She gets away with it because it's e-bay. A power seller shouldn't grossly mis-quote a shipping time and get away with it. As much stuff as she has on e-bay, it's fair to guess she makes plenty of profit off of what she does. You could, at least, call it her job. She should be reprimanded at her job for her poor customer service, it's as simple as that.

you're absolutely right... and you should expect great service (and no less) from a power seller... i myself would definitely be upset about it too.

I totally agree! You expected to get the Tama within a few days and as a customer, you should have got it. :) She shouldn't be allowed to get away with that!

I ordered two Connexions from Barbs Collectibles. They were ordered no less than three hours apart...I got one three days after I ordered. The other one took almost two weeks! It was very strange =\ I hope you get yours before you move ; ;

It's not her fault if the postal workers have lost, or sent the package to the wrong desination etc etc. It happens all the time, you may be just one of the unlucky ones.

I order from USA (I live in England) regularly and things take from a week to 3 weeks to get here. I've never had anything take longer than that.

It is her fault for completely mis-quoting me a shipping time, though. If it was going to take longer than 7-10 business days, that would've been ok, if that's what she'd told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back