A Tamagotchi rip off?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebexy

Reaction score
Today my friend told me about a Tamagotchi-ish pet she had bought in Asda (if you live outside of England you might not have that shop...) and for 98p.Compared to the £12.50 I paid for my two tamagotchis, quite an improvement though probably only worth that 98p.It was just called an 'Electronic Pet', no funky time like the Tamagotchi.It didn't have any instructions with it and there were the three bottom buttons but with triangular arrow buttons on the left and right of the screen.Apart from the fact that it can be closed (which the tama can't) and that it only came in a few colours, it is VERY similar on the outside to what the tama is.It also has the keyring thing on the top.

The pet on the screen itself is much different.You get to choose your pet.There are a wide range of demented pets to choose from, even a MAN.You can take care of a PET MAN.You can't choose their name and they don't have a gender.My friend chose a lion cub which named itself Sushi - then it's name changed again to Bush after school!As far as I have heard, they don't grow.Well, what would a man grow into anyway???They change into strange blobs when happy and you can give them wine and injections.Creepy.Also they don't tell you when they need fed and you just have to feed them whenever you want!

There are some pretty strange games where the pet changes into a blob to play them, and my friend seemed awesomely freaked out by all this.

She showed me it on webcam but I'll try and take a pic with the Print Screen button when she shows me it again!

Has anyone else seen or heard of any Tamagotchi rip offs?Share your discoveries (even a picture if ya want)!

Today my friend told me about a Tamagotchi-ish pet she had bought in Asda (if you live outside of England you might not have that shop...) and for 98p.Compared to the £12.50 I paid for my two tamagotchis, quite an improvement though probably only worth that 98p.It was just called an 'Electronic Pet', no funky time like the Tamagotchi.It didn't have any instructions with it and there were the three bottom buttons but with triangular arrow buttons on the left and right of the screen.Apart from the fact that it can be closed (which the tama can't) and that it only came in a few colours, it is VERY similar on the outside to what the tama is.It also has the keyring thing on the top.
The pet on the screen itself is much different.You get to choose your pet.There are a wide range of demented pets to choose from, even a MAN.You can take care of a PET MAN.You can't choose their name and they don't have a gender.My friend chose a lion cub which named itself Sushi - then it's name changed again to Bush after school!As far as I have heard, they don't grow.Well, what would a man grow into anyway???They change into strange blobs when happy and you can give them wine and injections.Creepy.Also they don't tell you when they need fed and you just have to feed them whenever you want!

There are some pretty strange games where the pet changes into a blob to play them, and my friend seemed awesomely freaked out by all this.

She showed me it on webcam but I'll try and take a pic with the Print Screen button when she shows me it again!

Has anyone else seen or heard of any Tamagotchi rip offs?Share your discoveries (even a picture if ya want)!
I have that cyber pet to but it broke.

*tama star*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back