What do you think of the Sponsored Links?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the Sponsored Links?

• I don't mind it at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is a little weird but TamaTalk needs it to grow

• I didn't even notice a change

• It is annoying and I think we need something different (please post suggestions!)

• I hate it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech Admin

Hiya TamaTalkers!

I made a post (here) about something you may have noticed on TamaTalk... The Sponsored Links which you see when going through and reading a topic on the forums... I'd really appreciate it if members read through my explanation of why the change was made and give me some feedback... Please vote and leave your comments here...

I encourage you to give it a day or so to get used to and then come back to vote and let us know what you think. :(

I dont mind them either. They are integrated into the skin design nicely, you don't really notice it all that much. I mean you do notice it, but it doesnt stand out too much ^_^ Some of the advertisements actually are worth a click :D

//Haze

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind it, either. I mean sure, I don't think anyone wants to see more advertisements on one of their favorite websites, but in order to keep everything running, it's quite necessary.

Really, I do just have one question: Do you get more money if we click on the links, or are you just paid for putting them up?

Really, I do just have one question: Do you get more money if we click on the links, or are you just paid for putting them up?
Google handles all that stuff... It can be a little of both. Basically don't click unless you are interested in the ad. We don't need/want people clicking just for the sake of clicking... The ads should be of interest (I hope)...

Google handles all that stuff... It can be a little of both. Basically don't click unless you are interested in the ad. We don't need/want people clicking just for the sake of clicking... The ads should be of interest (I hope)...
Yes, they should because there are a lot of different ones. But how did you put 'sponsored links' on?..., it's a bit weird.

i did not mind it at all and think its cool :blink:

I don't mind, except they do get a little confusing every once and a while. :blink:

A great idea, though! :rolleyes:

-tw

Personally I think it makes the threads look a bit unorganized, but I understand that it's basically the only way we can manage to keep the site(or something along those lines). x.x'

:( :blink: :furawatchi: :angry: I totally didn't notice a change at all~ :wacko: :ph34r: :unsure: :) B) :p :huh: :mellow: ;) :lol: <_<

I think it's a good solution.

OK, they look a little bit out of place, so you will notice them, but that's the point.

If you didn't notice them, they would have no point, becuase, if you don't notice them, you can't click on them. Sponsors pay to be seen, and this new feature allows us to see their product advertising clearly, but not be aggravated by it at the same time.

*thumbs up*

JC has the main idea there...

Though I remain open to suggestion... Anyone who hates it or recommends finding another way please feel free to post your own suggestions! :furawatchi:

Yes, if they were un noticeable why would google pay to have them here? They do need to be noticeable.

The only suggestion I have is instead of having the advertisements ontop of eachother, causing the space it is in the stretch upwards, have them next to eachother, meaning the space they will be in will look much more neat. Ive manipulated a screenshot and this is what it may look like with having the ads next to each other instead of ontop of eachother:

Click here

Just as a visual image to what I was implying :furawatchi:

As I said just a suggestion <_<

//Haze

Yes, if they were un noticeable why would google pay to have them here? They do need to be noticeable.
The only suggestion I have is instead of having the advertisements ontop of eachother, causing the space it is in the stretch upwards, have them next to eachother, meaning the space they will be in will look much more neat. Ive manipulated a screenshot and this is what it may look like with having the ads next to each other instead of ontop of eachother:

Click here

Just as a visual image to what I was implying :furawatchi:

As I said just a suggestion <_<

//Haze
I suggested that as well. :wacko:

Reason behind it is because if people have smaller screens (or windows), it could mess with the layout. Also because they are more noticeable this way as well. :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back