an interesting find.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parkingviolation

Reaction score
So I went home over the weekend and I looked for my old Tamagotchi. No luck finding it. However, I found my brother's old virtual pet. He had gotten a "Tee-Tee Kitty" (manufactured by MGA Entertainment in 1997) for Christmas that year. I think this had to be one of the cheapest of the cheap virtual pets, because I've never seen it anywhere before. As I recall he sat on it less than a week after he received it and it never worked properly again. Well, I just happened to find it again.

I attempted to resurrect it via battery this afternoon. It worked, sort of. :lol: There was sound at the beginning, and it was very faint. A little kitty sat in a basket and bobbed its head up and down, and then got out of the basket and walked across the screen. It had some cute animations. There was a line of pixels that didn't come in. When I pressed buttons, nothing happened. Wonder what's up with that. :huh:

I'm going to tinker with it a little more, to see if I can get it to work. There's a little metal piece that I'm thinking was supposed to be glued to the battery cover that is now unglued. It's supposed to come into contact with the batteries and I have to be really careful with it. I'm not sure what I can do about the sound issue, or the pixel thing. Maybe there's a short in a wire somewhere.

Well, I go to a college that specializes in engineering. Perhaps I can find an electrical or computer engineering student who would know how to fix something like this. If I can get it fixed, I think it would be an interesting pet. It's a pity that the poor kitty had been sitting around for so many years and nobody got to enjoy it. I will keep you updated if I get the thing to work. Poor kitty. (Does anybody know how to fix these things?)

Here is a picture of the "Tee-Tee Kitty" if you're interested. It's actually a good picture.

That looks cool, by the way, what is ur avatar? I can see the border is a connection, but ivenever seen that character before,is it a debuged one?

MGA was good at making ripoffs of popular electronic pets.Usually done very badly as well.I remember back when robot dogs were the in thing,they had a horrible entry called Me and My Shadow.It looked cool enough but the only way you could interact with it is by speaking commands into a headset.Problem is you had to program it to recognize each command,and even when you did it oftentimes wouldn't respond correctly if at all.It was horrible.

I hope Tee Tee Kitty is better than Shadow.

ok i've had the kitty on for a day and nothing has happened. Because the buttons apparently don't do anything anymore, I can't check its stats, feed it, play with it, or anything. The sound is severely messed up, because I can't get any sound out of it whatsoever.

Like I said, I've had it on for a day and I still haven't been able to do anything with it. Kitty hasn't died yet, though. That's surprising. It's not sick (as far as I can tell) and there's no poo or anything on the screen. How weird.

I think this thing is really messed up.

You might want to open it up all the way to the front buttons. I bet you've got something under the buttons!

I just bought a NEW tamagotchi I had to take apart because there was some sort of corrosion under the button contacts on the circuitboard so the board didn't know the buttons were being pushed.

So just get in there and take a look under the buttons. :lol:

Also, that one might have come with a stuffed animal. The animal will be a small cat with a small loop on it somewhere. Well, maybe! Those MGA pets sometimes were packaged that way. If it's got a long chain on it, that's why. It clips to the kitty it came with.

I have MGA pets in that shape that came with and without the plush animals.

But anyway, it's a Nano Kitty styled pet. It's nice. Good luck fixing it. Be gentle :huh:

Yes, it did come with a stuffed animal or beanie, a yellow kitty, I remember! :lol:

There was corrosion on the battery contacts, so there's a possibility of corrosion on the circuitboards too. Thanks for the suggestion Mothra. I'll try opening it up farther. It just seems like a delicate process, and kind of scary!

Weird. The cat is sleeping now.

EDIT: I"ve opened it up inside and taken the circuitboard out. No corrosion. hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
sadly, no. :eek: i think my brother must have done some kind of major unfixable damage when he sat on that thing and broke it eight years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back