pic behind the screen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dvlgrl

Reaction score
years ago, back when tamagotchis were brand new i read an article on the 'net by someone that had performed surgery on their tama. they opened it up and changed the background pic.

so i have a second tama but it's sorta damaged (don't ask...) and just for sh*ts n giggles, i opened it up and to my disbelief, after removing 8 tiny screws, i was able to remove the background picture.

so has anyone done this?

were you able to download your currently running tama afterwards?

what happened?

Changing the background is easy enough. You just have to be careful and you have to know what you can and can NOT touch! :(

Dont' remove the screen from the things coming out of the side of the screen. Just leave the screen on the circuitboard and you should be fine.

Now, the problem with changing the screen is that it's very hard to put in another background that is bright enough! The backgrounds provided are just right. I've tried pure white backgrounds, metallic ones too and it's hard to put something in that is comperable to what is already there.

Keep that in mind. Or it will look like your tama is always in the dark.  

Once you're done fiddling around and you get it back together, you should be able to download your previous critter. :(

Genny fell apart & i needed to get a new tama when i tried to do it <_<

I know what you're talking about. I haven't done it yet, but I don't really intend to do it yet... I just might replace the background with a picture of my guinea pigs!

I would just be safe and not touch any thing that will wreck my tama. That is very cool though.

good idea, flint -_- i might put a pic of my dog when one of my tamagotchis get old & i dont want one anymore. then i can call it a "limited edition one of a kind" & sell it for $150 on ebay x3 lol j/k

Last edited by a moderator:
Every times I've tried that, I've always busted a virtual pet. I wouldn't reccomend doing it unless you really know what you're doing. :)

I would NEVER do anything like that to my pwecious Ami :huh:

*smooches*

but changing the bg would be neat. My friend thinks her bg is

too plain. I on the other hand have a bg with hearts and a field

of grass, it makes my tama seem more caring. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back