+ BROKEN TAMGOTCHI +

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kytten

Reaction score
My friend bought a new green tamagotchi for toysrus yesterday. It didn't do anything thing abusive to it at all. He turned is tamagotchi off of pause mode and then the A button stopped working. It's like extra sensitive. If he lightly touches it the icons scroll across the entire selection icons in a sort of rulette mannor. Has this happened to anyone? Is it fixable? We tired pulling the button out a little but it only fixes it for one key stroke. T___T poor tama

I think you should return it if u still have the receit it is obviosly defective.

On the subject of broken virtual pets, can someone tell me if mine can be fixed? A few months ago, I took out my purple Tamagotchi from way back when they first came out and tried to play with it, but one (or two; I forget) of the buttons wouldn't work so I couldn't set the time, so it couldn't hatch. The pulsating egg displays on the screen just fine, though.

Not such a problem if I can't get that fixed because I managed to get a special edition Hong Kong red one from a gift shop that had lots of those left over (still does) and the new ones that just came out are much better with their new animations and a real pause feature anyway, but I have the same problem with some other virtual pets of mine that I can't get anymore (and am not willing to play an arm and a leg for). Purple looks better than red anyway^^

I had kept the purple Tamagotchi in its orignal packaging, so I had assumed that even though the packaging for the other pets I had were thrown out (they had to be; they weren't the box kind that I could just close and open again and again), the Tamagotchi would fare better stored away than they would. My Keroppi pet, also kept in its orignal packaging, works fine, but it's also the most boring battery operated toy I've ever played with.

Well, if it doesn't work now and you're not too bothered about it I don't supose their any harm in openen it up. If there's anything that's obviously out of place or broken it's probably easy to fix. Other than that (unless you know an amature electrician) I'd just throw it out.

PS I want one of thoose hong kong editions, but are the menu's in english or chinese? And how much did you pay for your's?

On the subject of broken virtual pets, can someone tell me if mine can be fixed? A few months ago, I took out my purple Tamagotchi from way back when they first came out and tried to play with it, but one (or two; I forget) of the buttons wouldn't work so I couldn't set the time, so it couldn't hatch. The pulsating egg displays on the screen just fine, though.
Have you opened it up?

There might be some thing preventing contact with the circuit board.

So open it up and give it a quick clean out.

If you are nervous about doing that, you might want to consider getting some canned air and give it a few good blasts.

You can take them apart most of the way.

Unscrew the back.

Then start unscrewing the screws on the circuit board.

Be sure not to break the seal between the screen and the little rubber things attached to it.

Once you break that seal, it will not display correctly again!

I've taken so many apart, I can just about do it in my sleep. :D There is little to worry about.

I hope you can get yours to work again. :D

I have tried to open up the Tamagotchi, but I had so much trouble trying to get all the screws out, that I just ended up putting back the screws I did have out and leaving it alone again. I tried opening up another virtual pet (which had bigger screws and was soooo much easier to unscrew them), and wiped the part behind the rubber buttons, but the buttons still wouldn't work after I put it back together>_<

Thanks, though, both of you^^ Maybe I'll try it again with the Tamagotchi after I return from vacation.

The Hong Kong special edition one cost me ten dollars. If you live in New York, then there's this guy in Elizabeth Center in Chinatown with lots of leftover red HK ones in his window on the bottom (not really displayed; more like storage). I think he only brought in that batch from wherever he was storing them because I had asked him if he had any Tamagotchi left over (you should have seen his expression when I asked him^^). The box is really neat because of the fireworks display. The menus and the manual are in English. I like the HK manual becase of the pictures of the professor and his assistant; it's so cute!

Well, seen as I live in northern England NY is abit of a trip, but I'll find one elsewhere. Thanks for the info.

ah! i just came back from new york a week ago! :D (i live in hawaii) hopefully when i go back there next summer they'll still be around in "storage". :p

wait, is that red HK version with "1997" around the buttons?

My friend bought a new green tamagotchi for toysrus yesterday. It didn't do anything thing abusive to it at all. He turned is tamagotchi off of pause mode and then the A button stopped working. It's like extra sensitive. If he lightly touches it the icons scroll across the entire selection icons in a sort of rulette mannor. Has this happened to anyone? Is it fixable? We tired pulling the button out a little but it only fixes it for one key stroke. T___T poor tama
o o that happend to me! i pressed the a button and that happend n a slamed it down in the ground(bad idea) and then i reset it n it worked again. try reseting it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back