Old Tamagotchi User Returning

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cow

Reaction score
I was just clearing out some of my stuff when I stumbled upon my old V1 Tamagotchi. I remembered how much fun I had with it, so I put in some fresh batteries and started it up.

However, it's been in an egg for over two hours now, and I only remembered the wait being 30 minutes or something. Because it's nine years old now and not in great condition, I was wondering if it might be broken. So does anyone know how long it takes a new egg to hatch?

Thanks!

Yes, I think it may be broken. The tama is only supposed to be in the egg stage for five minutes. (maybe less). Try putting the batteries in again and resetting.

I don't own a v1 but maybe the time on your tamagotchi is set wrong but if thats not the case your could try reseting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You first have to set the time on it by pressing the B button and going to reset remember? Please PM me I want to help lots of people on Tama Talk. Oh and this is my favorite guy. :kuribotchi:

Maybe you didn't do the resetting correctly. Maybe you just left it there and didn't press the reset button

You've got to make sure that every time you get new batteries, to reset it before setting time etc. Then make sure you have set the time as mentioned. If you don't set the time, it will not hatch. :ph34r:

I was just clearing out some of my stuff when I stumbled upon my old V1 Tamagotchi. I remembered how much fun I had with it, so I put in some fresh batteries and started it up.However, it's been in an egg for over two hours now, and I only remembered the wait being 30 minutes or something. Because it's nine years old now and not in great condition, I was wondering if it might be broken. So does anyone know how long it takes a new egg to hatch?

Thanks!
Did you set the time and your birthday? If so, I agree with fluffums... it might be broken. If not, try doing so. As jappyx said, if the Tama doesn't have the time, it will not hatch.

Well, my guess is that you have another tamagotchi that you can download. Try pressing button "B" (the middle button) and see if it says download, if it does, press it and you'll have the tamagotchi that you had a long time ago :hitodetchi:

P.S When it says download, under it it will say reset, if you want to reset you can, but I'd rather download.

Hope I helped!

P.S If it doesn't say download, my next guess is that it;s sadly broken :wacko:

If it's an old P1/P2 tama without the connection (in this case, a picture might be useful), you would just have the time setting screen pop up... no wait, you'll see the egg first, then press B. The time setting screen should come up. Set the time. Viola, you've got an egg that will hatch in 5 minutes!!

(My friend used to have a P2 so I know the routine. Sadly, her dad threw it away :ph34r: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back