Have you ever thought this?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiko_girl

Reaction score
Did you ever think this..ive been wondering... What if someon says..oh look dont worry its _____ on my new acount. Have you thought that it might be somthing like that? wouldn't that be scary, to find out if its actually not the person you think? and you trust them? *shudders* i dunno, i dont think ppl should make more then one account, it can be dangeruos.

(Sory for my bad spelling)

-KG-

I constantly advertize myself on my second account, and usually acknowledge it with this one.

But I don't use it often. I'm planning to use it when and if this one goes up in flames X.x

well yes it is true, But im not saying that its you... its just and opinion, somtimes it would be scary to find out your trusting a person who you think is you freind on TT but isnt. have you looked form that point of veiw? it would be weird..but having a second account is good, just in case.

-KG-

well yes it is true, But im not saying that its you... its just and opinion, somtimes it would be scary to find out your trusting a person who you think is you freind on TT but isnt. have you looked form that point of veiw? it would be weird..but having a second account is good, just in case.
-KG-
That actually did happen to one of my friends. I asked them on another site though, if they'd made a new account here, and then they came and cleared things up.

Those people wouldn't be considered hackers, just liars.

Can I just say that everyone's account on TamaTalk is password protected :mellow:

You all have to register with a password as well as your user name

Lots of people claim to have been "hacked" because someone got onto their account and posted things with out them knowing or without their permission...

You can be blamed for someone else going onto your account and posting mean or bad things on the forums...

How can you avoid this happening to you?

1. Keep your password secret. Don't tell anyone... and if you think or know that someone else knows what it is, then change it :ph34r:

2. Always log out of TamaTalk when you finish a session. Don't just click the red Close/Minimise button - click the Log Out link at the top of the TamaTalk screen. Then no one can sneak on when you are not there....

One time, A Maniac hacked into my Account! My Password is changed as of right now!

♥GV3♥

It's pretty simple to avoid people impersonating you

1. Admin can tell if it is the same person or someone else by the email address.

2. The only reliable way to know if it's the same person:

Trying to use made-up names, forgive me if they're accidentally real members.

Say TamaLuver33445, a newbie account, claimed to be the same person as Hayley5567, a very experienced member.

The claim:

TamaLuver33445: I'm Hayley5567, back on a new account.

The proof (in Hayley5567's signature):

My new account is TamaLuver33445

The proof (for Admin):

TamaLuver33445 and Hayley5567 have the same email address!

How to tell if it's fake (in Hayley5567's signature):

I am not the same person as TamaLuver33445

OR

I have no other accounts

OR

I have [some number] of other accounts, they are: [account] and [account]

How Admin will tell if it's different:

They have DIFFERENT email addresses.

See? There is no real way. I think the best thing is a simple declaration that this is your one and only account, and to only use one account! That's what I do.

People might also have reasons for making several accouts from the same email address:

For example, siblings. If you have a sibling who uses TamaTalk, for goodness sake log off!

Some people will make one account for being perfect (to become a Guide), and one for spamming. ADMIN CAN TELL, PEOPLE! Even if you use different email addresses - Admin is not as gullible as all that!!

StarTama :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back