Battery Blunder

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottydawg

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a way of opening the back of my Morino Tamagotchi to get the batteries out. The screw are too small! Do any of you have some kind of trick to get them open? And while we're on that topic, what kind of batteries do Morinos take?

Thanks!

Same, When I tryed to change the batterys on my angel tama, I couldn't undo the screws, all the screwdrivers were too small!!! ;)

In the end, I prised the back open with a knife!!! The only problem is, this broke the screws, so now I use tape to keep the back on!!! ;)

My angel tama is the same size as a marino, and it takes 357

LR44

AG13 batterys, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS!!! ;) sos!!!

This would be better in the tama ancestors section, so people who are clueless to the wonderful morino tama aren't cnofused. A lot of people use eyeglass screwdrivers on them, but seriously, so many people have the same problem. I haven't had to change the batteries yet, personally, so don't have any tried and true advice for you. Just don't force it, if one screwdriver isn't working, try another. You don't want to strip the screws and ruin your tama. They take the same batteries as all the pre connection tamagotchis, the LR-44 type. All connections and beyond take the larger CR2032 batteries. If your screws are really stuck and you think you have the right size screwdriver, you may want to try a tiny (TINY) drop of oil to lubricate the screw, but not having done this myself, I really don't know if it would be safe. Use too much and it could get into the wiring. My best advice to you is this: be gentle, patient, and keep trying to use just the right tool to make sure you don't break anything. If you do strip the screws, I am sure replacements could be found by talking to people at the local hardware store, though they may be special order.

I used to take my old tamagotchis to a jewellers, they were always happy to open, replace the battery and close it again. I dont think it was that much more expensive to do it this way than to do it yourself, I seem to remember £1.50-£2.00 being the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back