are tamagotchis dumb?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTama

Reaction score
so... i don want to make anyone mad here but i have been reading the msgs & still cant figure out why people are so in luv with tamagotchis. what is it about them that is so special? from what i read on the othersite (tamaconnections.com i think) and here they seem kinda dumb. so why do you all like em so much?

Well, they're fun. You can take care of them and get different results. You can challenge yourself with them by working harder and harder to get a better pet. You can mate them and make them play with eachother. And there are a lot of hidden things about them. Just get on and you will find your own reason to be interested in them. But they require patience, so make sure you have some of that before purchasing! :rolleyes:

but it all kinda seems pointless... what r u doin during the days at school and stuff? u carry it with u everywhere?

Umm, yes....that's kind of the point? To carry it everywhere with you? Plus, I'm out of school now, it's summer vacation. But when I was in school, yes...I carried it with me wherever I went. It really isn't that demanding except the 40-60 mins that it is in it's infant stage. Then you're fine. Only needs attention about every hour but the obesessed, like us, normally check every 10 mins. :rolleyes:

r people actually forming some connection with the tama? i keep c-ing the "i luv my tama" or "i luv having a tama" n stuff... if ya need to luv a pet... jus get a dog!

Well, what about people who can't have pets? People who are in college dorms and can't have pets? People who are in appartments and can't have pets? And plus.....the people that say, 'I love my Tama', love them because you bond with something after you work hard with it and a lot with it. You've never felt any love with anything because of your time spent together?

~Tamagod

(This guy is harder to convince than a Maskutchi! O.O)

Last edited by a moderator:
its the same as peoples love for anything else,

people carry around things that they see lucky,

wots the point? they want to carry it so let them

if someone wants a tama and likes playin with him then let them use it, its like playing a PC game that you like but someone else hates, and says, wots the point in playin it?

its all down to your different tastes and opinions :rolleyes:

Virtual pets are for us people who like to look on the light whimsical side of life.

They are also for the easily ammused.

They have a certain cuteness!

They are for people who don't take themselves too seriously. :)

They are for people who like to try for different results and tinker a bit with their toys. Afterall, you never know what you're going to get. :)

They are for every age group and every financial background.

They are for people who just like to have a little fun. :)

When they came out in 1997, I thought they were stupid. (why would any one want a fake pet?)

It was at the end of the fad in late '98 that I bought my first three ( 3 for $10 at Toys R Us)

It was THEN that I understood why people liked them so much. Since then, I can not stop buying them.

if you owned and cared for a tama properly, you might find yourself gettin addicted like the rest of us :)

if u think tama's r dumb then y did u register as a member?
I registered because i was curious about them and wanted 2 read more. then i kept c-ing all the "love" comments and thought it was silly.

i can c where u all r coming from but... nevermind... i dont want 2 make ne1 mad. :)

if you owned and cared for a tama properly, you might find yourself gettin addicted like the rest of us :)
i dont think id want 2 waste my $$$ on one unless i new it was worth it.

well its just like anything else you buy... how do you know a game is fun until you try it... how do you know a book is good until you read it... you can listen to what others say (like movie or book reviews) but you never know if it's good to YOU until you actually see, do or hear it.

Immature only describes the way that you won't give Tamagotchi's a chance, AND the way that you criticize the people that love them.

Immature only describes the way that you won't give Tamagotchi's a chance, AND the way that you criticize the people that love them.
hey wait... where do you c me criticyzing the people who use tamas? i gave my opinion. nuthin immature about that. all i wanted 2 do is learn why theyre so popular. why u treat me like that for asking some ?s that might b different from ur own opinion? will ne1 who joins ur own forum you mention on ur sig get this same treatmen?!

How many reasons would you like us to post up for you? I mean, I have seen a fair few people post with their own reasons why they think Tamagotchi pets are fun, addictive and 'not dumb.' But you still seem not very convinced. Which is fine, thats up to you... but maybe you might get a better response from people if you didn't criticise their fun playing with Tamagotchi as 'immature'.

Why do you think it is immature to play with a Tamagotchi if you have not tried it yourself? How can you call it imature if you have no evidence to this. Yes, you say it is your opinion but why is this your opinion?

If you were so interested in Tamagotchi pets and wanted to learn more about them and why they are so popular maybe you could do some research on the internet? Look at reviews that people have left on sites. Look at fan sites, and also look at the negative sites people have made about Tamagotchi. Look at both sides, the bad, the good, then come up with your own opinion. If you like them thats fine, if you don't like them thats fine too, but it isn't fair to criticise them to people who love them. You might expect a reaction if you do this.

This is Witchy_Artist signing off with her opinion! :)

hmm ok i think we close this topic,

tamagotchis arnt dumb, you are for opening such a stupid topic.

Why come on a tama site askin all these stupid questions, if you like em you like em....

nuf said..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back