Sign in to follow this  
sweetama

TamaGOOchi

How do you pronounce tamagotchi?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce tamagotchi?

• ta-ma-GOO-chi
    • ta-ma-go-chi

I personally pronounce it ta-ma-goo-chi. I know it's wrong but i don't care. All my cousins pronounce it that way too. :blink:

Actually, it's neither of your poll answers. You pronounce it Ta-ma-got-chi. Like Got Milk, only it's Got Chi. But you slur it together so it's just one word, which is obvious.

Welll... actually it's pronounced tama-go-tchi, but with the go more between a long o and and a short o like in shot. Just listen to the Japanese Commercial if you don't believe me :blink:

I thought that it was pronounced Tama-Go-Tchi,like Ratstar said.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. I just got my dumb dash things messed up. :P .

I pronounce it tama-gah-chi. I know it's wrong, but hey, everyone else I know says it that way. :D

Gosh it's hard to write pronunciations with regular characters...
I think the best way to represent how i say it: tah-mah-go-chi. Not like you yanks say 'ah' though. like taa-maa. short 'ah' sounds.

[quote name='sweetama' date='May 19 2005, 03:29 PM'] I personally pronounce it ta-ma-goo-chi. I know it's wrong but i don't care. All my cousins pronounce it that way too. :huh: [/quote]
Neither tamagotchis, but my dad calls them tamahuchis, we remind him and still calls them that!

[quote name='mimitchilover' date='May 28 2005, 02:34 PM'] my friends and i all call it:
TAH-ma-gA-tchi
the a is short [/quote]
Same as you! :huh:

Some of my friends used to pronounce it Tamagaytchis, but that's because they didn't like them =P But ever since I started to let them play with them, they love 'em :P (they are boys)

Why would you pronounce it like that? O.o there's only one o.

[quote name='Tamagotchi fan boy' date='May 28 2005, 03:45 PM'] My classmates say-->Tama-GOO-chi [/quote]
then vote pleez!!!

hey, call 'em what you want, a tamagotchi by any other name would still be as sweet! lol ;) Tamapoopies!!! muwahahaha :D