The Digimon Reset Problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ristar

Reaction score
Does your old Digimon reset on you constantly? Getting really frustrated? Hate no more!

Simply cover the contacts with Scotch Tape (The cloudy-colored kind) and *bamf*, problem solved!

Now you can actually raise the thing! Cheers!

Yeah, I was feeling koo-koo that day.

And this is the first time I got an 11-year-old Greymon! and I can put it in my hip pocket without worries.

You do know......eventually it WILL get damaged?

Believe me, it may not be a good idea.

As long as you keep your Digimon V-Pet nice and clean, not full of dust, and kept out of cold winter, it should be fine.

Although the reseting thing might be due to weather or cold.

I don't think the tape would make it better since it could harm the device later on.

Oh yes, Forgot to say.

Cover the contacts, and you're saying good-bye to a MetalGreymon right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
* edit - off topic *

Since this thread is not going to fix the problem, Ristar, by covering the contants, it's only going to make the problem worse. :/

If you place Scotch tape on electrical contacts, then later peel it off, the tape may leave a residue which could prevent the button from making proper contact. If you feel the problem is a loose, or accidently pressed reset button, inserting a plain piece of paper between the button and the contacts will also do the job but without the potential problem later on. However, the reset button itself may not be the problem. Read through the article "Why DigiMons Reset So Much", for another possible explanation of the cause.

If you place Scotch tape on electrical contacts, then later peel it off, the tape may leave a residue which could prevent the button from making proper contact. If you feel the problem is a loose, or accidently pressed reset button, inserting a plain piece of paper between the button and the contacts will also do the job but without the potential problem later on. However, the reset button itself may not be the problem. Read through the article "Why DigiMons Reset So Much", for another possible explanation of the cause.
yep, it could mainly be static or cold, and Putting tape over the contacts will also make you lose your chances of getting certain Ultimate levels.

Since the contacts could mainly be the cause, you should not cover them with tape.

You could however, have someone who knows a bit about making casing for stuff out of soft protective material, which can stop that whole problem.

or an even better Idea is to try and find one of those old protector cases made of plastic, they protect your Pet from risk of reseting.

heres a picture of what they look like.

https://www.geocities.com/the_king_chewy/Acessories.html

* unnecessary expletive deleted *

Now you're telling me to spend more money on this thing? My Digimon cost $40 US.

And the Scotch tape works fine. I never battle with the thing anyway. Disassemble the thing and clean the contacts if it actually messes with them.

...One more thing, was one of my posts deleted? I could've sworn I posted 3 times in this thread.

* [SIZE=8pt]note from TM: No posts deleted as far as I am aware - we usually edit comments where necessary. Unless your "missing" post was pure spam/expletive and broke site rules / added nothing to the thread :D [/SIZE] *

Now you're telling me to spend more money on this thing? My Digimon cost $40 US.

And the Scotch tape works fine. I never battle with the thing anyway. Disassemble the thing and clean the contacts if it actually messes with them.
I am not telling you to spend more money on it... I was just giving some advice :/

And I can understand that such a V-Pet is worth so much money.

Also, what contacts were you talking about? Because if you mean something inside the Device, then thats really risky, but the contacts I was talking about are the top contacts that stick out, but either way scotch taping them definently wont help the problem :/

... but either way scotch taping them definently wont help the problem ...
I think it is clear that Ristar definitely did solve the problem with his DigiMon by using scotch tape

Perhaps it is best to be clear that both of you are providing information that will be useful to other users.

That doesn't mean one of you is wrong and the other is right :)

I think it is clear that Ristar definitely did solve the problem with his DigiMon by using scotch tape
Perhaps it is best to be clear that both of you are providing information that will be useful to other users.

That doesn't mean one of you is wrong and the other is right :)
okie dokie.

Well, If anyone needs any help, just check out my topic on Digimon help.

That doesn't mean one of you is wrong and the other is right :lol:
Yes master! I obey!

Latest posts

Back