whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetheart426

Reaction score
I keep all my tamagotchis in a bag that says tamagotchis on it. I open the bag to admire my had work and I look at the first one i ever got ( Tamagotchi connection that is ) and what do I find? A black mark in the shape of an eye lash on the back ground! (No, its not an eyelash stuck to the screen b/c I shook the tama really hard )

- The tamagotchi is a v1

-its purple with bubbles ( Usa version )

-The background is numbers (blue w/ yellow numbers)

- I have never opened up the tama except to change the battery ( i have done this to it many times)

- I have never debugged or attempted to debug the tama ( if possible on v1, i dont even know)

- bought brand new in package at toys r us in florida august 2004.

- just noticed this scratch now

- the tama has not been dropped, or used, sadly, sice the new year or atleast 6 months before

- no battery, even a dead one inside

- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on ppl im desperate here! admiring a collection only takes the boredom away for so long!

what it SOUNDS like perhaps your LCD screen may have cracked... I`m not sure...Did you have it stored in an extremely cold tempature?

It does get a bit chilled in my room, but not extreamly cold. not like minus 18 or anything like that. the heat is always on at night.

There isnt any black liquid coming out. the lcd screen on my game boy color cracked when i dropped it and there was black stuff when i did that. besides, wouldnt it have happened to all the tamas in my room that night? if it is the lcd screen, is this serious damage or is it repairable? thanks for responding by the way. nobody else would :wacko: poor tama :huh:

Sounds like it might be a spec of dust (or a black eyelash looking thing) that somehow creeped it's way inbetween the glass and and glass of the LCD.. Or maybe between your background and the LCD screen.

Open your tama like you would to change the battery, and then take the battery out and unscrew that back part (to get access to the circuit board) carefully pull the circuit board away from your tamagotchi shell (VERY carefully) and you should see the paper background and your screen. Carefully remove the background and investigate further, perhaps removing the debris.

Sorry i was replying to my OWN cry for help ^^"" yeah my boyfreind`s tama was sabatoged...

I`m not sure hen...if you can get a picture and post it that would help TREMENDOUSLY.

Sounds like it might be a spec of dust (or a black eyelash looking thing) that somehow creeped it's way inbetween the glass and and glass of the LCD.. Or maybe between your background and the LCD screen.
Open your tama like you would to change the battery, and then take the battery out and unscrew that back part (to get access to the circuit board) carefully pull the circuit board away from your tamagotchi shell (VERY carefully) and you should see the paper background and your screen. Carefully remove the background and investigate further, perhaps removing the debris.
Yeah i`m thinking that it could be from the battary tab slot *you know the tab you pull when you first activate a tam?* I`ve had lots of specks of dirt sneak up behind the screen in theis manner i think... perhaps i will do that also.

If I blow into the battery slot will the wind push the thing away? Is this a good idea?

Probly not,only due to the fact that it would only go to the other side of the screen;not exit the tama and your breath has saliva/moisture in it.That can damage the battary or the tama.

However if you insist upon the blowing teqniqe try a blowdyer only use a low heat setting but a high wind setting. *lots of power little/no heat ejected from blowdryer.*

okay...but i reccoment carefully taking it apart and removing it b hand.Then put it back together *carefully* and then put something to keep dirt from entering the battary tab slot.

My mom says i dont have a blow dryer. i blew into it and it didddnt move at all...

it`s okay i have that fear too..the only reason i took apart my boyfreind`s was cause it was already mutilated. here`s what you do. you unscrew the back, remove the battary *if it`s in there* then remove the 4 smaller screws.then carefully lift up on the back *VERY CAREFULLY YOU MAY DAMAGE THE SOUNDBOARD IF NOT!* after this you can breath a little easier.carefully remove the screws holding in the circuit board and then lift that you should be upon the screnn.

my hhands are skanking andd i dont know whhat to do omg im acting like a baby!

it`s okay.I`m sure i`d do the SAME thing if i were working on perfectly working order tama. just use caution..or ask your dad to help. males seem to have stedier hands when working with delicate objects >.> my dad used to fix a lot of broken electronic toys when i was little. *dunno if he can do it now*

but you can still do it if your hands arn`t shaking TOO bad!...

of course you can do a little now a little later and a little later then.

*winks encouragingly*

( banging head against computer ) my uncle works at a hardware store thats sells lawnmowers and screw drivers and stuff! why dindnt i just ask him for help im so dumb lol. Thanks for your help everybody! :wacko: still open to suggestions though.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

THHE THINGY GREW

NOT GOOD NOT GOOD NOT GOOD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHhl

your not dumb...just absent minded...like ME! :wacko: don`t worry you`ll outgrow that stage..*at least thats what our parents say* >.> hey if you want you can add me to your buddies! i`m always up for new pen pals! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back