The stinkey-ness! blehhh....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawaii-cat

Reaction score
Ok, so some of you may know my 2 hamsters, Coochie and Patchi. Well, they smell TERRABLE! :lol: and I was wondering, does anyone on Tama Talk Know the proper way to bathe a hamster or 2? But I am positive that It is a very bad idea to use my shampoo on little Coochie! I've heard of dust baths, but i don't know if that will get rid of the smell...

So if anyone knows, please reply!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe take some warm water in a bowl and dip a washcloth in it, then wash them one at a time. Also u might want to clean their cages out more often. Hope I helped!

well, I clean their cage every week, but I found a web site that said I should use Chinchilla dust bath dust to give the hamsters a dust bath. I might just go to the veterinarian's office and have a check up on them.

well do not get your hamster wet make sure the cage is neat and tidy everydayhamsters clean themselveby licking themselfs clean the cage must smell but hamsters clean themselves alot mine smelss fine

My best friend Fills the sink up in warm water, Make sure that water isnt so high that the hamster drowns and use BABY shampoo to clean it. Your know how babys have Skin that if you put normal shampoo on it, it does bad for the skin, same with the hamster so use baby shampoo!

My best friend Fills the sink up in warm water, Make sure that water isnt so high that the hamster drowns and use BABY shampoo to clean it. Your know how babys have Skin that if you put normal shampoo on it, it does bad for the skin, same with the hamster so use baby shampoo!
the hamsters hair will fall out the water affects the natura oils in the hamster is she trying to kill it :furawatchi: :ichigotchi:

Don't try to wash them with shampoo or anything. It is most likely the chage that is smelling - clear the whole thing out completely, changing all sawdust and bedding and replacing it with new. As someone said previously, your hamsters clean and groom themselves, so you shouldn't need to bath them. If they still smell after having cleared the cage out thoroughly, concider taking them to a vets, and ask their advice. It's all very well asking here, but I don't think any of us are qualified to give you any professional guidance.

well, it's not the cage, when I'm holding them and when i get near them I can smell it :furawatchi: . But I won't do anything for now until I can see a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back