Oh great...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-chana

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was my fault, since I was playing with the buttons quite a bit. Anyway, I noticed my Tama left me a little 'present' *coughpoo*, so I went to clean it up...

Nothing happened.

I pressed the buttons, and they didn't work. Panicking because I couldn't bear the though of my Tama getting sick and possibly dying over something so stupid, I grabbed a pencil and hit the reset button.

I saw the egg, and my heart dropped. Something told me I lost my Mametchi, who had just turned five today.

But the buttons stilldidn't work.

Pressed reset again. Same result.

I can't try taking the barreties out, because the only screwdriver I could find was too bid and I could only get the lid off.

So do you think the buttons are permanently screwed up? And if not, then why didn't I get the option to reset or download, like the manual says it would do? I really don't want to lose my little Tsu; she just grew up yesterday. -_- Though, I suppose her death being from a glitch is more humane than her dying from sickness. I was really hoping she'd make it to my birthday. Poor Tsu.

did your tama exprerience falling in water something really cold or really hot?

Well...this is what happened to the buttons: I kinda chewed on them a bit. >_> Bad habit that started a long time ago and stuck with me. I need to start chewing gum and not everything else I get my hands on. The buttons seem dry now, though, and they're still in one piece...I think. The A button feels a tad different on the side from the other two, but not by much.

Other things:

My idiot friend at school today tried to reset it. He got ahold of it, so I chased him and managed to grab the Tamagotchi...though he had the chain wrapped around his finger. I yanked it, and it broke. Thankfully, I was able to put the chain back together sagain...though it required using my teeth. I may as well just live in the wild and eat like an animal. <_<

Oh yes, and long bus ride home + it being Las Vegas IN SUMMER + me keeping Tama in pocket = ...yeah.

I doubt this had anything to do with it, but I put her on an excercise bike as I was using it so I could keep an eye on her. She did work while I was using it though, as I randomly decided to give her a treat then.

However, I don't think those were the true causes. Those first two happened hours ago, and this happened about ten or fifteen minutes ago. The third is just ludicrious. I assuming she's as good as gone.

Maybe you caused something to stop working by chewing the buttons. I heard of tamagotchi owners who have had their buttons chewed off by hamsters. <_< So you probably won't get it to work again, I'm sorry. :( T_T Perhaps you could take your tama to a department store and see what they can do.

...Well. My Tamagotchi did something kinda weird. It was stuck on the "Sound? On/Off" screen for quite a while. Then it suddenly made a noise and switched to the egg. I pressed A, and it went back to the sound screen for a brief moment before automatically going back to the egg. I couldn't stand the thought of the egg hatching and me not being able to take care of the baby, so I took a nail clipper with a little nail filer thing attached to it, found a way to remove one of the batteries, and popped it out. I put it back in, and it took me to the egg again, before going back to the sound screen, where it went back to not responding.

Right now, my Tamagotchi lies in front of my computer next to a nail clipper and a screwdriver too large for it, and has its lid and a battery taken out.

Since I never got the option to download AT ALL during this whole ordeal, I think it's safe to say Tsu is dead/on her homeplanet/lost in cyberspace somewhere. Thanks for your help anyway, guys. Hopefully, I can somehow get the Tamagotchi fixed, though it might not bring back Tsu.

That's what happened to my friend's tama! :eek: Hers was stuck on the Sound screen for some time then it switched to the egg....hers had gotten wet with fruit punch, and it soaked in through to the battery. Open up your tama and let it dry for a few hours, then if needed change the battery. It should start to work again, and you can download your tama back to Tsu! I really hope things work out for you. :(

ouch... that stinks. like what newbiekidlex said. let it dry out if it's wet and replace the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back