TamaMum's Mothra Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaMum

Reaction score
POLITE REQUEST : Please DO NOT post replies in this log.

I am happy to receive PMs about my log as long as they don't break the site rules ;)

I've been looking at that Mothra tamagotchi for such a long time now but never seemed to find the time to start it up and play.

Yesterday was the right moment B)

I pulled the tab out at 6.55pm and spent a few minutes racking my brains to see if I could remember anything special about the start up instructions for Mothras.

The instructions that came with it in its pack are all in Japanese of course - so no good to me as I don't speak or read the language :)

I had a very strong feeling that you have to do something before your Mothra egg will hatch... so I checked a couple of my favorite sites for info on older versions of tamagotchis and sure enough I found the answer on Pixelmood;

you have to set the time before your Mothra egg will hatch! TamaSquare provided a useful instruction sheet and growth chart so I was all set to go :D

I set the time to 6.59pm and saw Moru and Rora (the two sisters) dancing around the egg, then it hatched.

I had a cute Baby Mothra :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mothra's are quite different to the current tamagotchis.

They are a simpler game to run but if you are only used to the newest IR connection versions then it can be a really nice change to see how tamagotchi designs have changed and evolved over the past 10 years :)

The baby Mothra needs a lot more attention in it's first hour (similar to the newer tamas) but you don't seem to have to feed it every 3-4mins.

I fed her with leaves (meal) and a couple of cakes (snacks), then I had a go at the Gokigen Up game.

There's only one game on a Mothra and you have to guess which of the 4 holes along the base of the screen that Mothra is hiding in ;)

You use A button to move the arrow over the holes and B to select. Each game gives you 5 attempts to find her in the right place. If you find her every time you fill 2 happy hearts, if you find her 3 or 4 times you fill 1 happy heart; if you don't find her at least 3 times, you don't fill a heart and she jumps up and down annoyed! :D

I kept her fed and happy with snacks or games for half an hour. I cleaned up her first mess at 7.29 (half an hour after she hatched), so I guessed that she would do another in half an hour and I was right :p

At 7.34pm I suddenly heard the bleep for attention. It's not the same noise as the current tamas B)

She had fallen asleep so I chose the lights out icon and left her to her Zs.

She did wake up again after a short time (I am guessing 5 mins, although I didn't time her), so I fed her and played the Gokigen Up game again to make sure she was a happy baby :D

You can only feed Mothra 4 meals before she shakes her head and is full (unlike new tamas that will eat 6 meals before they refuse any more). Mothra's weight is in tons (not grams or lbs). Each game she played she lost 2 tons :)

Mothra babies are much lower maintenance than the newer tama babies and I just kept her fed and happy for the next half hour.

She evolved into a cute little Mothra larva at 8.11pm and promptly fell asleep from the effort :D so I switched out the lights again and hoped very much that she wasn't going to wake up too early as I was planning to have a lie in ;)

I don't know what time Mothras wake... because I slept in until 10.00am :)

I checked her stats straight away and she was showing 3 hearts empty on both Hunger and Happiness so I quickly fed her 3 Leaf meals and 1 cake snack. I tried to play Gokigen Up to fill the other 2 Happy hearts but after three games I'd only managed to get one heart filled, so I gave up and fed her another snack :p

She tore down her first towers at around lunch time! Actually she tore down quite a few of them :eek: - partly because I wanted to see what the animation was like and partly because in my excitement I couldn't remember which icon to choose for "justice" power (discipline), so I tried to give her medicine at first! :D

Anyway, she got her first "justice" points (just a variation on the Training Points idea).

She makes a mess about once every hour or so and I managed to clear them away pretty quickly.

I kept her hearts full most of the time, feeding her leaves and playing the Gokigen Up game about once every 45 mins - usually when the Happy or Hungry hearts showed one empty.

She's a pretty low maintenance tamagotchi compared to the new IR versions -but right now, that suits me fine ;)

I realise that I am out of the habit of keeping a useful log - I forget to note down changes in age and weight so I don't have much in the way of stats to share :(

I know that Mothras age quicker than the IR versions. She was only 0yrs for a short while as a Baby Mothra and she turned 1yr during the morning when she was already in Larva stage.

She fell asleep at 8pm, so I switched out her lights for the night :D

Here's a photo - (I suppose I need not add the obvious... I am much better at taking care of tamagotchis than taking photos...)

Mothra(Larva)/Cradle behind : https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4tkm98l

Edit: Better shot here (not taken by me!): Mothra(Larva): https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4xms1p0

I still don't know what time Mothra wakes up because I was asleep again until 10am! (Hey… it's the summer holidays… I need all the sleep I can get!) :D

Once again, Mothra was showing 3 hearts empty on Happy and Hungry - and oh dear, she was sick too - same little skull symbol over her head! :ph34r:

I gave her two doses of medicine - the twin girls Moru and Rora dance around her to make her better!

Quickly fed her 3 meals and one snack, then played 3 Gokingen Up games to fill those hearts!

She loses a happy heart or hungry heart (or both) after about 1/2 hr, so I just kept the hearts topped up playing games and feeding leaves about every 35 minutes.

I have no idea what effect it will have on Mothra if she's allowed to go down to only one Happy heart and one Hungry heart full - two mornings in a row... I guess I will find out sooner or later ! :unsure:

General low maintenance care during the day - just like yesterday basically. Here's an extract from my notes:

1.45pm : Fed 1 x leaft meal and played 2 x games to fill the one empty Hungry heart and the one empty Happy heart.

1.48pm: Pooh. Cleaned up straight away.

When I cleaned up the mess I discovered that (unlike the IR tamas) you can't feed a Mothra straight away.

You can only feed Mothras if they have an empty Hungry heart and it doesn't always show empty straight after she's made a mess on the floor. Interesting difference. Well… not that interesting since tamagotchi toilet habits are no more interesting than anything else! :lol:

Anyway, kept the Happy hearts and Hungry hearts topped up all day - only ever allowing one of each to be empty before they were filled. I am hoping that above average care during the day will in some way compendsate for the fact that I've ignored her two mornings in a row until 10am.

She tore down some towers again today (just once), but this time I gave her her "justice" time out straight away… so maybe that will help too.

She is now 3/4 full on her discipline meter.

I actually woke up earlier today -

9.10am: Mothra was already awake - but today only one empty Happy and one empty Hungry heart - so I filled them both with a meal of leaves and a cake (snack).

I have to be honest, much of today was very low maintenance... just filling a Happy or Hungry heart every hour (or less).

Not even a building torn down .. maybe I missed it when I was in the garden… ;)

The Gokigen Up game is still a challenge. In all the time since I started her I have only managed to choose all 5 hiding places correctly once. Most of the other times I manage 3 (sometimes only 2 - and the little larva gets cross!) :p

I am sure there are two or three set patterns to the hiding places. I don't think its random each time you play, but I haven't sat down with a pencil and paper to note the patterns yet so I can't be sure :p

I was kind of wondering if my little larva would evolve in the evening… I definitely need something to change… then...

3.18pm I heard the evolution musical notes and hey presto - my Larva evolved into a Grub! (a bit fatter and one segment longer than a larva) :p

Her weight increased with that evolution.

She is now 4yrs old and 30 tons.

I assume that's her minimum Grub weight

Finally, I woke up before my Mothra!

She wakes at 8am :p

She started the day with an empty Hungry heart but full Happy hearts.

Age 5yrs, Weight 33 tons.

Mothra(Grub): https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=642lj4o

I have to fill a Hungry heart about every hour, and play a game or feed cake about every 40mins. I am pretty sure the speed at which the Happy hearts empties seems to vary.

This morning, I realised that you do need to keep the discipline/justice levels topped up! It's not like the IR versions where one you've got a training point you keep it :(

Since I started her up, I had got three "justice" level points, but have not heard any more tower tearing for a couple of days - so I must have missed some - the justice level has dropped to two (instead of three).

It's quite a while since I ran a Tama Angel, but I am sure the same thing happened on that too and the Good Deeds meter used to drop if I missed the chance to praise my Angel.

Unfortunately, I still haven't heard her tearing down any towers… so I hope she gives me a chance to administer a "justice" / time out soon.

1.30pm Won Gogiken Up Game - only the second time I've guessed all 5 hiding places right! :p

3.30pm Fed 2 x Meals and played 2 x Games to fill the Happy hearts[/i]

She finally tore down some towers! At 5.20pm and at 6.20pm so I now have full Justice levels for her.

I'm trying to keep track of the hiding positions she uses each time I play the game. I hope that if I have a note of all the positions, I will start to see a pattern and maybe be able to guess all 5 positions correctly - to fill 2x Happy hearts instead of just one :p

I do hope there's a pattern to the hiding positions - and that it's not just random :)

Knowing that she normally falls asleep at 8pm, I picked her up at 7.45pm and made sure all her hearts were full, playing a few games to fill the Happy hearts.

Her stats were 5yrs, 38tons, full hearts and full Justice level, so (foolishly) I started reading a book to kill the time before 8pm and of course forgot about her until I heard her "lights out" attention beep - and when I looked she was fast asleep with a pooh next to her :(

Turned out her light feeling very guilty!

I was able to clear up her mess from last night pretty quickly this morning as I woke up just after 8am.

I fed her 1 x meal and 1 x snack so all her hearts were full.

At 10.20am she got sick and (again) needed two doses of "medicine" from the twins dancing around her before she was cured :D

I don't think I've ever been able to cure her with just one dose of meds.

Her stats: 6yrs, 45tons, full justice level (still)

It's been a pretty routine kind of day as far as Mothra maintenance is concerned. Here's an extract from my notes:

11.40am Cleared up pooh and played a game to fill her Happy hearts

1.13pm One empty heart on each so fed 1 x Meal and played 2 x games

1.38pm Empty Hungry heart - fed 1 x meal

1.49pm Pooh cleared away and Empty Happy heart filled with game

2.46pm 1x snack, 1x meal to fill hearts full

3.40pm 1x snack, 1x meal to fill hearts full

5.30pm Cleaned up pooh, 2 Hungry hearts empty, 1 Happy empty; gave 2x Meals and played 2x Games to fill all the hearts full

Her stats: 6yrs, 53 tons, full Justice level

I kept her hearts topped up on a regular basis until 7.50pm when I managed to win a game guessing all 5 hiding positions correctly! :D

I was careful not to get too absorbed in my book this evening and at 7.55pm I cleared away a final pooh of the day, checked her stats and made sure her Happy and Hungry hearts were full before she fell asleep at 8pm.

She's 6yrs old, 52 tons and full on her Justice levels.

I wonder if she will turn into a cocoon tomorrow? Hope so! :p

Mothra started the day fine.

The usual filling of empty Happy and Hungry hearts first thing after I woke up (late…as usual)

It was a routine morning where I fed her a leaf if she emptied a Hungry heart and played a game with her to fill Happy hearts. I actually won a game again today :mellow:

I tried to keep her weight around the 50 ton mark. Still full on her justice levels even tho' no towers were torn down (none that I noticed anyway).

At 2.30pm I heard the beeping that usually alerts me she is either tearing down a tower or she's changing - and when I checked her, I saw that she was evolving into her cocoon stage.

https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=54du5g8

She had one Happy heart and one Hungry heart empty :mellow:

You can't play with them or fill hearts during the cocoon stage, only check their stats. She stayed like this for one hour.

At 3.30pm she evovled into a Mothra adult

Her stats were 8yrs, 60 tons, full Justice level.

I filled both hearts with food and a snack and noticed that the food she eats now looks more like an apple than a leaf. The cake is still the snack.

She spent a happy afternoon in my handbag shopping in the local high street :angry:

As 8pm approached, I made sure she was full on both Happy and Hungry hearts…. And she didn't fall asleep! ^_^

Mothra Adults obviously stay up later than Grubs and Larvae! I kept checking her stats as usual and cleared up a mess at 8.50pm which I correctly assumed was her usual trick of leaving one just before she falls asleep. Her stats were 8yrs, 64 tons, full Justice level, full Happy & Hungry hearts.

Right on cue, she called for lights out at 9pm

Ugh... haven't had time to post an update for days now - sorry!

Fortunately, Mothra adults are very low maintenance pets.

I keep her Happy & Hungry hearts topped up with meals and games (only occasional snacks of cake) ^_^

She hasn't torn down any towers recently and her justice level is still full - so I am guessing that perhaps it only reduces levels before the adult stage is reached ;)

She only needs one dose of meds (not two) when she falls sick - not very often.

All I can add at this point is that so far, this tamagotchi is ideal for busy people - it is much less work to keep alive and healthy than any of the V1-V4 tamas I have played.

I will try to keep her going and healthy to see how long she stays alive and if I can get the "secret" character.

She died...

Not long after my last post, I got a little too "low maintenance" with my Mothra :eek:

Unfortunately after a busy (real life) week I forgot to turn out her lights one night :eek: After that she was never quite the same. She kept getting ill and her hungry and happy hearts seemed to empty out much quicker than before.

Sadly, I lost her when I went out for groceries. I left her with 3 hearts full on both stats and when I returned a couple of hours later... I saw the Grave Stone and knew that she had died whilst I was out shopping :(

I am so cross with myself :p

I have left her with the grave stone showing for the moment so I haven't checked her final stats.

What a stupid way to end the game - I am very disappointed in myself that I couldn't keep her alive to see if she would lay an egg ...

I guess there's always next time :(

Latest posts

Back