Nintendo DS Game Reviews

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiffy

Reaction score
Spain though now I am studying in England
I can't seem to find a topic similar to this, but I had quite some curiosity to know what DS games other people had, and their opinion about it.

That is, mention what games you have/have played, and what you thought about it - whether you would recommend it, what genre, etc...

I'll start:

Games I have (collected over two years)

Sims 2 DS

It is a simulating game. You create a character, and become in charge of a hotel. You have to take care of the customers, assign them rooms, and make some money.

There are also some 'mysteries' and objectives you have to solve.

It is quite worth the play, and even after 'officially' finishing the game you can still be in charge of the hotel.

However, from time to time, it does hang up, which can be a bit annoying.

It also has some weird glitches.

It employs all the DS features quite well too.

Never tried multiplayer mode, but doesn't look too bad.

Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends

Most people have Nintendogs, and it is quite sweetly made.

However, after a while it can get a bit boring and repetitive. After a short time you find yourself always picking up the same items from the streets, you have to keep looking after the dog, and they take a long time to learn new tricks, which then have to be refreshed often.

It is good for to play once in a while though.

I don't recommend it as a first choice, but I suppose if one wants to own a classic game, a Nintendogs isn't a bad idea.

It employs all the DS features well.

Multiplayer mode is quite poor.

Tamagotchi: Corner Shop

It was quite fun. Although I finished the game in only 3 days, so it isn't much of a challenge.

The little shop games are quite entertaining though, and urge you to replay the game. So, if you want a game you don't want to drop, it is quite a good idea.

However, other than the shops, there is not much else to do. The 'personal care' option offers very little, and the DS features aren't employed much.

I only recommend it if you want a game to play over and over, and you like Tamagotchis (which I assume that everyone here has been interested in them).

Big Brain Academy

This one was a birthday present. :(

It urges the bug for beating oneself over and over. Between Brain Training and BBA, I go for BBA. I have borrowed Brain Training, and it is quite plain. (I'll talk about him later).

It has an interesting layout and everything is set out into 5 categories. Most of the games aren't bad either (15 total, 3 difficulty level each, no unblocking).

There is also a test mode and multiplayer mode. The multiplayer mode I have only tried once, but it was very good.

Worth the buy if you are after "brain-training" games. Doctor Lobe is a funny character too. Kawashima on the other hand, is scary.

Not many Nintendo DS features employed though.

Animal Crossing

A must buy. Although it is called a no-game, it is quite enthralling. You move into a town, and you meet all the inhabitants, which change periodically. Each has their own personality, their own things. There is a shop from which you can buy things to decorate yourown house. The house and the shop have upgrades. You can go insect hunting, fishing and there are tons of activities to do.

The secrets never seem to end either, so it is impossible to get bored of it.

It does require a lot of visiting though.

I recommend getting it. :(

The multiplayer mode is great, and it has Wi-Fi too, although I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out yet.

As for NDS features, not all have been used.

Final Fantasy |||

A great adventure game. It has a catchy story, and you can come back to it whenever you want to. Nothing happens if you spend a long time without playing. It has a high 'playability'. The adventure is quite long too, so you don't finish it too fast.

I recommend it to all Final Fantasy lovers (although this is my first), and it is worth the play. As for re-playability, it depends on the person.

I am on the brink of finishing the game.

The NDS features are not all used though. The game mainly consists of the same thing, fight-train-talk, but it is fun, and not as repetitive as one may think.

I think the soundtrack is wonderful too.

Hotel Dusk Room 215

I only just finished this one. It has no multiplayer feature, but it is well worth the buy. It is a mystery novel, a black novel, set out as a graphic novel. You take control of Kyle Hyde, who arrives at Hotel Dusk, hoping to find a man he shot three years ago called Bradley.

Throughout 10 chapters, he unlocks secrets about all the guests and must solve several mysteries.

It is absolutely enthralling, although once you get stuck to it, you can run through it really fast, and then get stuck on a ridiculous thing.

Replayability is not really an option. There is tons of text, and once we know the story, I don't suppose one wants to read it again. But it is a very interesting story. It also employs a lot of the NDS features.

The soundtrack isn't great, but it sticks well to the story, and gives it a good atmosphere. It is scooby music. :(

Games I have played

These I have not owned forever, but have played them because they have been borrowed.

Resident Evil

Has a touch of horror. So, not for young people. I have not got very far in the game though. Youhave to be very careful about saving, but it is quite exciting.

I think most NDS features are used.

New Super Mario Bros

Wonderful. I have not gone through all the worlds yet, but most of the levels are replayable, and aare fun to play over and over again. It has a multiplayer function which I haven't tried, but sounds quite good and some minigames which make use of the NDS features.

Brain Training

I don't like Kawashima much, nor do my friends to be honest. The only game I find entertaining is Calculus 20 and 100, and they are quite easy to beat.

It is also quite boring... And boring lay out. I don't see what all the fuss is - but "Brain Training" has also created a few new same-series games, such as Eye Training, which I have "watched over shoulder". It's not bad, actually better than brain training. The other is Hand Training, of which I know nothing.

Wario Ware

I don't think it's worth the money, although the games are mildly interesting. It reminds me a lot of Four Second Firestorm (an online game).

Zoo Tycoon

I only looked at this one for five minutes at a friend's house, but it is awful... Dire...

That's it for now...

Mario Party DS

Awesomeness. Thats all i can say xD. I dont even have it yet. Its coming in mail tommorow. My cousin has it. Its really fun but not when you have to beat the bosses.

Brain Age

I dislike it lots.

Super Princess Peach

Really fun! The only thing you really do is find toad. There mini-games that make ist more interesting.

Animal Crossing:Wild World

Must buy. Its really fun. You move in a town and meet new people. You migth have more animals move in your town everyday! The only thing that sucks about it is the mortgage paying >.<

Winx Club: Quest for Codex

Boring. Its hard. All you do is play as a fairy and shot stuff at evil creatures. I dont even know why they made it for DS. It doesnt do anything with the touch screen.

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi

Boring! All you do it string the guitar on the touch screen to beat enemies with.

Mario Kart DS

Very fun. Gets little boring when you cant race good enough to beat something.

New Super Mario Bros.

Entertaining. I havent finish the game yet. Its fun to play it multiplayer.

Pokemon Pearl Version

Entertaing but hard when it comes to Gym Leaders. Very boring when you beat the game.

P.S Heres a cheat code for New Super Mario Bros.

To play as Luigi: Touch "Mario Game" then press "L" and "R" together. Dont let go of them pick the file. Still hold L and R and press "A" at the file if he says Luigi then you are playing as him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendogs: Dachsund and Friends

It's pretty good, I've had it for two days and own three dogs, a Husky, Yorkie, and Beagle. The walks can get a little annoying when you have to constantly pull the rope. -.- Very repetitive to some people, but there is always something new to do for me... lol, I have an attention span the size of a whale... which can be bad.

Animal Crossing: Wild World

The. Best. Game. EVER.

It's a RPG, you move into this town and you have mortgage (lol, like Spiffy said it's annoying.) otherwise it's a mustbuy.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Must buy. Buy one of the two, it's a lovely pokemon game and it's the most challenging yet. I've made it through diamond thrice, but haven't even opened the Pearl that I just got today.

Magical Starsign DS

From what I see, since I've gotten nowhere right now b'cuz I got four new interesting games today, one which I didn't want but it's good, it's a great RPG game with a good plot. The battling is a bit dodgy though. It's not too good, because your main character is extremely weak and can only use magic a few times.

Pokemon Ranger

It's fun.

But If I were you, I'd only get it to get Manaphy on your Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, it's not... I don't know.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The best pokemon game out there, it's fun with a good challenge and it will take forever to beat, something I like about it. Theres always something to do. Though guiding a level 5 caterpie to the 78th Floor of Mewtwo's cave isn't all that easy....

The Legend Of Spyro: A New Beggining

Bleh, I wouldn't reccomend it. Very boring. I didn't get very far... Gave up after 30 minutes. Never touched it again.

Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Just got this today and I'm loving it. So much fun. Lots of puzzles to figure out and a great challenge, thank god it's not like alot of other RPG games where if you die you start from your last save point (After playing for 8 hours without saving? e.e)

Another one I tried briefly was

Trauma Centre: Under the Knife (I believe it was called that)

It was OK. Not very replayable, but quite fun. Specially getting 'mad' with the patient at times, although I also enjoyed saving the presents.

I haven't played very much of it though, so I can't say too much about it.

EDIT: Whoops almost forgot it was for DS games. Sorry about that. I'll post my reviews later.

Harvest Moon DS

The beginning of it is very easy, finding the sprites and stuff, but when the years pass, it can gets harder, somewhat boring, and frustrating. Not the best game in the Harvest Moon series.

Cooking Mama

The game is fun, entertaining, and addicting, but there isn't much to do when you have all the recipes. It can also make you made sometimes (well, me...)

Nintendogs:Daschund and Friends

I like this game. However, I must say that after a while, it loses it's touch. You basically take care of dogs and try to win shows etc. A good game, but no matter how much of a dog lover I am, I admit that buying it may not have been the best idea. I would suggest to borrow a friend's.

Animal Crossing

My absolute favorite. I love it. It isn't a mission task involving game, but very addicting. A must have. You will love it. You move in as the only human in the town. You help animals with errands, and meet new people. Very fun.

My Sims DS

I just got it. It reminds me a bit of Animal Crossing. However, you have to do tasks, ad raise the 'star level' of your town. After you finish with the main part ad unlocked all minigames, it too, loses it's touch.

More later. I have tons.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessThe best game ever of 2006. What more can I say? You can swing the Wii Remote to slash with your sword, spin your Nunchuk to do a spinning attack and all that. I reckon the Wii version is way better than the GCN version.
She said reviews for the DS games not wii.

These are my games.

Animal Crossing Wild World: THE best game ever made for DS, I think. Aside from at the beginning, no one's pushing you around to do anything and you can do what you want. The animals in your town are very friendly, though some are grumpier than others. This game is a lot about collection. Fish, bugs, fossils, paintings...the list goes on as to what you can collect in this game. I could play this forever.

Yoshi's Island DS: So cute. The goal of this game is to rescue Baby Luigi from Kamek. And who's riding on the back of Yoshi? Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby DK, and Baby Wario of course! Each baby has their own power, so you have to choose your baby carefully at the beginning of each level so that you can make it through efficiently. I have not beaten this game yet, as I am stuck, but this is a really fun game that is totally worth getting.

Cooking Mama: I saw this in the store, not having heard of it or knowing anything about it, and bought it cheap for 20 bucks. It's really fun and kind of addicting. There's a lot of different dishes you can make and the best part is, you can make all this "food" and not have to do the dishes! There is also a Wii version and a DS sequel which I haven't played, but I assume they are the same.

Super Mario 64 DS: SO FUN. I beat this game with all 150 stars and everything. It's got all the fun of the original, plus more courses, more stars, and you can now play as Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi. A must-have for any DS owner.

Nintendogs: BOOOOOOOORING. I'm sorry, but I don't like this game. I plan to trade it in ASAP.

New Super Mario Bros: Amazing, although it did not hold my interest for very long. It's super fun, though. It's got all the fun of the original Super Mario Bros. with new levels and in 3D.

WarioWare:Touched!: Wow. This is a fun game. There are over 100 little mini-games that last no more than 5 seconds at three different difficulties. It uses different stylus movements and blowing into the mic. Another must-have.

Brain Age: Boring. Period. So is Big Brain Academy.

Another one I tried briefly was
Trauma Centre: Under the Knife (I believe it was called that)

It was OK. Not very replayable, but quite fun. Specially getting 'mad' with the patient at times, although I also enjoyed saving the presents.

I haven't played very much of it though, so I can't say too much about it.
I've beat is 8 times xD It's one of the funnest games ever!

LifeSigns: Surgical Unit

I've beat it twice. It has good gameplay, but at times I get frustrated walking around the hospital talking to people...Then I Find out there are only like eleven surgeries xD It's still a great game, though!

Out of over 30 games in my DS collection, I will review the few of 'em.

Rockman ZX Advent/Megaman ZX Advent

If you're a fan of Rockman games such as Classic, X and Zero, then this game is for you. You take control of a young human girl named Ashe or a reploid boy named Grey. Each character has his or her own intro story and storyline as well. This is a side scrolling game, which is differnt from Megaman Battle Network or Star Force whichw ere RPG styled games.

You can also achive differnt forms from efeating bosses.

My rating: 9/10

Nintendogs

You take care of adorable little puppies. Teach 'em tricks, feed, water, walk, bath, etc etc etc. However, the game's noveitly wears out super fast and can get boring.

My rating: 2/10

Ganbare Goemon DS (Import)

I own a huge collection of Imported DS games. I found this game to be fun. However if you aren't familar with the Ganbare Goemon series, then you wouldn't know what it's about.

The game plays in a Zelda style. You also have four characters at your side and can switch out between him or her. Game is in Japanese. The Graphics and backgrounds also have a Japanese painting feel to it and the music is really top notch.

My rating: 10/10

Contra 4

Now we're talkin'. Many old school gamers hungered for another side scrolling Contra game like in the NES, SNES and Sega days. However, most of the new Contras seemed to have more of a First person shooter feel to it.

Contra 4 brings back the noglastic feel to an old school gamer. Very challenging also.

My rating: 9/10

More on it's way.

OK, my reviews!

The Sims 2 DS

This game is pretty fun once you start it, but once you defeat the guy you might as well trade it in for some money (if you can.) This game has a lot of interaction, communication, but also has many glitches that can freeze up your game. Oh, darnit! You just defeated Alfred, too! It freezes up, and you know what you have to do? Restart the game. You have to go all the way back to getting Alfred the power rods?! Aw man!

Brain Age

Both Brain Age 1 and Brain Age 2 are very good brain training games. For those people who are into math but are not very good at it, Brain Age 1 has a great math program. The guy in it will give you funny tips for both the game and in real life! For real life, he will give you tips to give your brain a hard time for thinking, so it can grow! This game is a must-have for all of those people that love education (Not many, though).

Animal Crossing: Wild World

This is a game with endless fun! The only glitch that I know of is the game freezing up, which rarely happens. Animal Crossing Wild World is an endless game where you can be a person in a place where you live with animals! Sure it is nearly like Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, but there are some new features. First of all, a hair salon once you unlock Nookingtons. Also, if you are great friends with an animal, they may give you their picture! There are loads of more new additions, so go and buy this!

The Sims 2: Castaway

Not the best graphics, and the people you create run slow, but sometimes this can be hours of fun, or hours of trying to get to civilization. This game has a lot of places to go, and a lot of tasks you have to do. Sometimes there are things that are tricky, and require a lot of skill and knowledge of how to get past the obstacle (Unless you are using GameFAQs XD) This game is rated E because of Animated Blood and something else. Animated Blood?! I haven't seen that.

I will do more in some other posts.

It's been a long time since this topic has been used, but I have had contact with quite a few games in the meantime:

Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2

It still has all the Tamagotchi cuteness, and new shops, although the friendship mode isn't as advanced as I expected and there aren't all that many new features. It is still one of those games that you feel like playing and can play whenever. :wacko:

It contains 103 characters and the game keeps track how many times each one goes to each shop. If they go to a particular shop and you give them a good impression of the shop (= you do an Awesome job! ☺☺☺) they will probably come back and become a frequent visitor to that shop.

The names of the characters come too.

There are a couple of glitches, but they don't affect the game play at all.

Games I've played... ...but don't own

Wario Ware

I changed my mind on this one. ^o^

I took it home with me and actually it is funner than it looks, although the games are still pretty short.

Another Code

After enjoying Hotel Dusk, I enjoyed this story. You can see it's similarity with Hotel Dusk although they are at the same time completely different. It is another graphic novel, this one with less writing, and different stories.

It is a bit more colourful, it is not a noir novel like Hotel Dusk, although the scene viewing mode is a bit confusing in comparison with Hotel Dusk Room n215.

BTW - this game actually came before Hotel Dusk, but I played it after it.

Zelda

My Japanese teacher lent it to me in Japanese, but so far I've only figured out how to rub off a game and start, so I can't really give a review on it.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

The person who lent me Another Code also got me interested in this game. It is available only in Japanese although there is also an American and European version (EBA, Elite Beat Agents) but it isn't as good.

I've not had much contact with the game, I tried it out for 15 minutes with him though I didn't do very well particularly.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! means Push! Fight! Cheerleaders!

You belong to a squad of cheerleaders. The game has 15 stories. You start with the first one. A person has a problem and you have to help them out. A cool song starts playing basically, and you press different circles helping the cheerleaders do a coreography and thus you cheer up the person with the problem. If you do it correctly, you "win", but if you get too many wrong the song automatically stops.

Some of the stories I remember are:

Ghost Love Story. A man dies and he wants to say something to his wife.

Song - Over the Distance // Yaida Hitomi

Link to Song

Some aliens are invading the city and the policemen need help to get the better of them!

Song - Shanghai Honey - Orange range / Orange days (I think they sang something for Naruto Shippuuden too)

Link to Song with gameplay, though you can't hear it very well

Other songs I quite enjoyed were Kokoro Odoru (Heart Dance) by Nobodyknows, Linda Linda by Blue Hearts and several others. ;)

Zoo Tycoon DS

I actually love this game, but it can get a bit boring if you keep playing it, Its something to play every so often.

Its where you buy some land, and you build a zoo. You make fencing, add the animals you want (Unlock them by the amount of people who come in), add the type of ground they like (example, Sand, Water, ect.) and then add the equipment (Unlock this to) they like. You can also plant flowers, buildings (Food shops, toilets, ect. Also, you can unlock a few of these.) and tables/benches.

I would give it a, 7/10

Nintendogs

I loved this game when it first came out but does get really boring. You just repeat stuff. If you don't play it that often then its fun.

You buy a puppy (I choose the less expensive one so I can care for it.) and its food and water (Also shampoo). You can take them out to the park, shops, ect. and gain more toys for the dog. If you care for you dog alot, then you will unlock more and more dogs. Play with your dogs, renew your home, connect with your friends and buy more dogs!

I would give it a, 5/10

Animal Crossing

I absoloutly love this game! I play it every single day, never getting bored of it. I even got it about 1 year ago and I'm still playing with it (2006 christmas).

You answer some questions at the start and then you move into a town. You get a job and earn some money and when you are set free from that job, you can do whatever you like! Meet up with some of your animal friends, re-do your house or make it bigger, fish, catch bugs, ect. Shops are always updated and nothing is ever repeated, not the speech, not the clothes (Sometimes but not much), shop items, ect.

I would give it a, 10/10

Worms Open Warfare 2

I do love this game. It hasn't bored me yet but I don't play it much. The only reason I bought it because I loved it soo much on the playstation.

Its where you build a team of some worms (I know XD) and you battle against others. Choose the land shape, choose the weapons, ect. I mean, its not easy, nor is it hard. Sometimes I lost, sometimes I won so I think it is quite fun in that option.

I would give it a, 8/10

Call of Duty 4

XD Please mind me, this is a 16+ but its still fun. Its a bit hard, but nothing bad (A bit of blood but thats it. Lol). I've given a bit up on this but because its quite hard. Btw, This is my dads. He wanted a game to play on my DS but never plays it so I do.

Its just where you go around, trying to kill people and excape. Sometimes you die as you might not be able to keep your life up.

I would give it a, 7/10 but don't consider buying it unless you are 16+!

The sims 2

Fun game to start off with but I'm soo stuck, I haven't played it in ages.

You make a character and look after a hottle. Strange things happen and you have to help get peoples furniture back, defeat robots, aliens, ect. I'm not going to tell you the main secret of the game, as I think it will spoil the fun. Its quite a challenging, as I said, I got stuck on one level and can't get past.

I would give it a, 7/10

Age of Empires

Quite literally played it once because I didn't understand it. Its also really boring. I only bought it because I loved the PC game of it.

You start off with some men and you build houses, hospitals, ect. and then when you get enough men (Food and Gold) you can start battleing others. Not much to write about this one because, as I said, I only played it once.

I would give it a, 5/10 (BTW, It is a 12+!)

My Sims

I like this game but is a bit boring. I don't understand it really.

You make a person and you help around the town making people happier, buying stuff from shops, helping out with people for their shops, making designs, ect.

You can do-up your house and make it look nice, but its just a copy of Animal Crossing mostly.

I would give it a, 6/10

Cooking Mama

I do enjoy this game every so often.

You make foods and sometimes its a bit tricky. If you get no mistakes, you will get a gold, if a few, then silver, if more then a few, Bronze and if worst then no awards. Also, unlock more foods to make and you can also combine your own.

I would give it a, 8/10

New Super Mario Bros

I like this game but a bit stuck on one of the levels.

All you do is just adventure and complete tasks by doing levels. You can kill these evil tortoises, bugs, ect. XD

Some levels are challenging like the castle's. A fun game for people who like a tough game.

I would give it a, 8/10

Animal Crossing Wild World:

Reeeaally awsome! My Second favourite game. Its like living in a real town. The best parts are making new animal friends and decorating your house. Its amazing how it realistically changes over the different seasons. You can get snow rain, and even a rainbow in spring. The worst part is meeting Resetti, the angry mole who is paranoid about saving. Once, my friend had to start a new town because Resetti didnt shut up. My advice, dont play with the power button, and be careful. Tip: Bury a normal shovel in the ground and after 24 hours dig it up again. The result: A Golden Shovel!

Drawn to Life:

A must buy platform game!! My favourite game!! Its awsome, fun and well, perfect for creative people. You get to draw your own character!! Weapons!!! Equipment to help you get through the levels, such as platforms and springs, and a coconut radio to distract the Bakis. Bakis are sooo cute, theyre these short, colourful hamstermijigs, and on each area (AKA gate) they look different. For example, in the Island gate, they wear buckets on their heads.

The bosses are hard to defeat though. The idea of the game is to get through all the levels, and defeat Wilfre, the evil raposa. A great game for young fun lovers.

Heres a review of my games I own :D

Pokemon diamond/Pearl

I must buy game if your a poke fan! An entertaining pokemon world: Catch pokemon battle trainers and gym leaders,earn badges and capture rare pokemon. You start off with you visiting the lakefront and theres someones briefcase with pokemon you decide to get one and you get to keep it :D Then you get a pokedex that gives an automatic descripsion of each pokemon and you have to find every pokemon in the region. A awesome game!

Super mario bros NEW!

A fun game. Your mario as you go to different worlds and meet countless enemies as you try to save princess peach from the evil Bowser.

Tamagotchi corner shop 2

Open new shops and raise them and get money to upgrade your shops.

Get suprise visitors like the queen so she can raise your shops to better

quality!

I can't seem to find a topic similar to this, but I had quite some curiosity to know what DS games other people had, and their opinion about it.
That is, mention what games you have/have played, and what you thought about it - whether you would recommend it, what genre, etc...

I'll start:

Games I have (collected over two years)

Sims 2 DS

It is a simulating game. You create a character, and become in charge of a hotel. You have to take care of the customers, assign them rooms, and make some money.

There are also some 'mysteries' and objectives you have to solve.

It is quite worth the play, and even after 'officially' finishing the game you can still be in charge of the hotel.

However, from time to time, it does hang up, which can be a bit annoying.

It also has some weird glitches.

It employs all the DS features quite well too.

Never tried multiplayer mode, but doesn't look too bad.

Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends

Most people have Nintendogs, and it is quite sweetly made.

However, after a while it can get a bit boring and repetitive. After a short time you find yourself always picking up the same items from the streets, you have to keep looking after the dog, and they take a long time to learn new tricks, which then have to be refreshed often.

It is good for to play once in a while though.

I don't recommend it as a first choice, but I suppose if one wants to own a classic game, a Nintendogs isn't a bad idea.

It employs all the DS features well.

Multiplayer mode is quite poor.

Tamagotchi: Corner Shop

It was quite fun. Although I finished the game in only 3 days, so it isn't much of a challenge.

The little shop games are quite entertaining though, and urge you to replay the game. So, if you want a game you don't want to drop, it is quite a good idea.

However, other than the shops, there is not much else to do. The 'personal care' option offers very little, and the DS features aren't employed much.

I only recommend it if you want a game to play over and over, and you like Tamagotchis (which I assume that everyone here has been interested in them).

Big Brain Academy

This one was a birthday present. :)

It urges the bug for beating oneself over and over. Between Brain Training and BBA, I go for BBA. I have borrowed Brain Training, and it is quite plain. (I'll talk about him later).

It has an interesting layout and everything is set out into 5 categories. Most of the games aren't bad either (15 total, 3 difficulty level each, no unblocking).

There is also a test mode and multiplayer mode. The multiplayer mode I have only tried once, but it was very good.

Worth the buy if you are after "brain-training" games. Doctor Lobe is a funny character too. Kawashima on the other hand, is scary.

Not many Nintendo DS features employed though.

Animal Crossing

A must buy. Although it is called a no-game, it is quite enthralling. You move into a town, and you meet all the inhabitants, which change periodically. Each has their own personality, their own things. There is a shop from which you can buy things to decorate yourown house. The house and the shop have upgrades. You can go insect hunting, fishing and there are tons of activities to do.

The secrets never seem to end either, so it is impossible to get bored of it.

It does require a lot of visiting though.

I recommend getting it. :)

The multiplayer mode is great, and it has Wi-Fi too, although I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out yet.

As for NDS features, not all have been used.

Final Fantasy |||

A great adventure game. It has a catchy story, and you can come back to it whenever you want to. Nothing happens if you spend a long time without playing. It has a high 'playability'. The adventure is quite long too, so you don't finish it too fast.

I recommend it to all Final Fantasy lovers (although this is my first), and it is worth the play. As for re-playability, it depends on the person.

I am on the brink of finishing the game.

The NDS features are not all used though. The game mainly consists of the same thing, fight-train-talk, but it is fun, and not as repetitive as one may think.

I think the soundtrack is wonderful too.

Hotel Dusk Room 215

I only just finished this one. It has no multiplayer feature, but it is well worth the buy. It is a mystery novel, a black novel, set out as a graphic novel. You take control of Kyle Hyde, who arrives at Hotel Dusk, hoping to find a man he shot three years ago called Bradley.

Throughout 10 chapters, he unlocks secrets about all the guests and must solve several mysteries.

It is absolutely enthralling, although once you get stuck to it, you can run through it really fast, and then get stuck on a ridiculous thing.

Replayability is not really an option. There is tons of text, and once we know the story, I don't suppose one wants to read it again. But it is a very interesting story. It also employs a lot of the NDS features.

The soundtrack isn't great, but it sticks well to the story, and gives it a good atmosphere. It is scooby music. :D

Games I have played

These I have not owned forever, but have played them because they have been borrowed.

Resident Evil

Has a touch of horror. So, not for young people. I have not got very far in the game though. Youhave to be very careful about saving, but it is quite exciting.

I think most NDS features are used.

New Super Mario Bros

Wonderful. I have not gone through all the worlds yet, but most of the levels are replayable, and aare fun to play over and over again. It has a multiplayer function which I haven't tried, but sounds quite good and some minigames which make use of the NDS features.

Brain Training

I don't like Kawashima much, nor do my friends to be honest. The only game I find entertaining is Calculus 20 and 100, and they are quite easy to beat.

It is also quite boring... And boring lay out. I don't see what all the fuss is - but "Brain Training" has also created a few new same-series games, such as Eye Training, which I have "watched over shoulder". It's not bad, actually better than brain training. The other is Hand Training, of which I know nothing.

Wario Ware

I don't think it's worth the money, although the games are mildly interesting. It reminds me a lot of Four Second Firestorm (an online game).

Zoo Tycoon

I only looked at this one for five minutes at a friend's house, but it is awful... Dire...

That's it for now...
Good idea.

I cant review RIGHT now. *runs off to fetch game*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back