Size Comparing

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyDreams7

Reaction score
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/min...sizecompare.jpg

I hadn't noticed the new ones were so large compared to the original Tamagotchis!

That there is my new Tamagotchi Connection V4.5 beside my old Tamagotchi P1.

I think I actually preferred the smaller size, they fit into pockets and on necklaces so well.

Of course, the newer ones do, too...but its just not the same.

What do you think?

I absolutely agree with you. The newer Tamagotchi will never be in the same league as the ancestor Tamagotchi, in my humble opinion. The older ones are just better. You wouldn't have to bother with countless items, shop codes, glitches, button combinations, games (that take forever for you to play to earn a few points), and so on...and yet, the HEART of what Tamagotchi is all about is still there, in those ancestors. It's magical. :D There's just that nostalgia and wonderful simplicity about the old Tamagotchi that just can't be beat. Size is one of them...the old Tamagotchi size is the perfect and cutest size for a Tamagotchi (no bothersome ball/star/key antenna)! "To each his own," so they say. :D

I agree that the new Tamgotchi's games take too long to play.

I usually find myself just stuffing the little thing with snacks instead of playing to keep it happy, 'cause I usually don't have time to sit through a game that takes one minute to fill one heart.

I noticed that as well!

I compared my v4.5 with my Angel and noticed that they used to be so tiny!

But they have to be bigger now to fit all the awesomeness in :]]

What is the deal with the antenna on the V3-V5 anyway?

Its very akward that they just stuck it on there, and serves no purpose other than decoration (and maybe to tell the difference between versions)

I prefer my Tamagotchi with no akward protruding decor, thanks. =(

Yeah, the 'newer' ones are certainly larger than the older ones. I guess they had to be, cause they are a Tamagotchi that does a lot more, with an IR sensor. So it needs more room. I don't mind either size, to be honest. If it got too much bigger though it might be a little harder to slip in pockets etc. :huh:

This reminds me of when I got my P1 a year ago. I opened the package and said, "Whoa! Is that really a P1? Or is that just a chibi to fool me?" Turns out it was the real size. And yeah, I'd imagine that the newer ones are bigger to fit in the IR hardware. The size difference is quite amazing.

Whoops, I have no idea why I called my original Tamagotchi a P1. It's actually a P2. *slaps forehead*

Oh well, no biggie. XD

Oh its definitely true that the new fancy IR hardware is one reason for the larger size in the Connections. *nod*

When I got my first Connection, I didn't even notice the size difference until I put it beside my P2. XD

I think the same as you, but with larger screen you can see more activities, animations and other things like celebrate your birthday, events, etc.

I love the connection series and the first wave of tamas as well... they're different. :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the old school tama's

they are just so raw :]]

i pretty much love both of the tamagotchi (original and connection series)

but for different reasons of course. the original are just that: original.

they were simple virtual pet's that started a craze :] i love their small size!

the connections, however, brought so much more to these pets.

i sometimes feel that all these extra features are overwelming

and i prefer an old school tama over a connection anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back