The Virtual Pet Chronicles: Part 4

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squidward is Cool

Reaction score
“I have to go.” Old Dil said.

“What do you mean? You can’t go!” I said.

“I’m too old and my time here is up. I need to go back to Tamagotchi Planet.” Old Dil said.

“No! I can’t lose you!” I said.

“Claire, I need to leave. I’m sorry.” Old Dil said.

“Can’t you stay? Just one last day so we can say goodbye!” I said.

“I have to go. And I am saying goodbye. Some Tamas leave without notice. Did you know that?” Old Dil said.

“Yes…but…” I said.

Before I could say anything, Old Dil flew up, and disappeared.

He was gone…

I couldn’t fall back asleep until 1 AM. A friend was gone. He was gone…

In the morning, I woke up slowly. I was still tired. It was 6 AM. I had only gotten 5 hours of sleep and an old friend left 6 hours ago.

“Claire, where’s Old Dil?” Jazz asked me.

“He left 6 hours ago.” I said. “His time was up. He had to go.” I said.

“Oh. I’m going to miss him.” She said.

“Me too.” I said. “He was my oldest friend still here. And now he’s not” I said.

“Want to help me feed Harry and Clamie?” Jazz said.

“Sure.” I said.

I helped Jazz feed her babies. The babies’ smiles made me feel a little better, but I was still sad.

Then, I saw Sheila, Rita, and Kia asleep in their egg-shaped beds. The beds were round, and the open edges were crack-shaped, similar to a Tamagotchi toy. The beds had a pillow in each, peeking out of the top cracks by a bit, with each girl having their heads rested on each one in each of their beds, tucked in with a blanket for each. The beds didn’t look hard. They looked comfy for Tamagotchis.

Then, I noticed a book, lying open, face down, on Sheila. I carefully took it off her, to increase her comfort. Then I looked at the page she had opened to.

Then I had realized it was her diary, and then I saw a pen where the book had been. The pen was under the book, probably because she had fallen asleep while writing her latest entry.

I decided to take a peek, just to see if she enjoyed her day with the bike ride.

I was in total shock when I saw these words in her diary:

‘Today we ran into some boys. They seemed evil. Claire talked to them. They asked about virtual pets. This was one of the same events that happened before Jane got sick of me and dumped me in the streets. Jane was a little older than Claire is now, but I really hope that Claire doesn’t dump me in the streets like Jane did. It was really tough back then. No one around to feed you or back you up or protect you, and everyone is afraid of you. I bet it’s easier for a stray cat or dog because people actually WANT to take care of. No one wants to take care of a scary Tamagotchi like me on this planet. Only Claire does but I don’t know if she’ll keep taking care of me forever. Plus, I’m too young to be able to go back to Tanagotchi Planet unharmed. I don’t ever want to go through that again.’

I figured Jane must have been her previous owner. I couldn’t believe me. When I met Sheila, she told me her previous owner was dead, and everyone forgot her so she ran away. I guess it was the exact opposite: her last owner was still alive, and got sick of her scaring everyone so she dumped her. I don’t want to discomfort her now so I’ll let her tell me when she’s ready.

I closed the diary, and placed it next to her bed and placed her pen on top of the cover.

Morning is only a heartbeat away…

Latest posts

Back