Cafeteria food?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeemerBabe

Reaction score
I've heard from most TV shows/cartoons that kids in the US don't like the cafeteria food. Is this true or is it just satire?

I'm awfully curious.

Well, I'm not in America, but anyway...

We call them canteens, not cafeterias. And they're not like walk-in rooms, they're just rooms where you stand outisde of and tell the lady/whoever is there what you wanna buy. You can also make lunch orders where the lunch is delivered to your classroom.

All the food is alright. I like the pies. But the hotdogs are awful. They only microwave then sausages, they don't even cook them properly. And the bread is always stale and horrible.

So I like the ice creams and the pies the best.

Well, they're called canteens where I live too, but I used the word cafeteria instead.

Some of the foodstalls have soy sauce that tastes sweet. wth?

^ Is that the sticky soy sauce?

I hate my school's food. Nothing is good at all! I bring my own food to school, because the food at school is boring. They make the same things everyday. Gosh, can't they be anything else? O_O

We call it dining hall in our school. I think my school's food is quite good compared to other schools. There are lots of international food cuz it's an international school. There's japanese, chinese, thai, mexican, american, italian, indian .. . etc. etc.

I like the pizza the macaroni cheese the bacon rolls and the sandwhiches!

I'm not from America though and even though I like most of it I wish we could have a change. Yh we call it a canteen too!

Nasty. Gross. Smelly. Cold. I think I made my point! -_-

It's disgusting. The only good thing is the Papa Johns Pizza they buy on Wednesdays and the cookies and strawberry milk. I wanna carry a lunch but my mom is like "Your too big for that." >:[ I'm like you try eating the stuff they have there. Tama_genius your lucky! All we get is staled pizza and chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I get my food at the Cafeteria, but it's food that they didn't even make. xD

I get pizza (which gets delivered), bagels (which obviously they don't make), and nachos (which they get from a bag) with cheese.

The only food I get that I think they made are the 'tots. Those are pretty good. :]

Well, tbh, I just bring in my own lunch because the food we have is so fattening and expensive, I just think it's a waste of money. A panini is £2.10! It doesn't look much but it is :/

Also, if you poke a noodley thing in the macaroni cheese, you can see some orange grease coming out of it. Yummeh... ;]

They make all the unhealthy food really expensive, so no one really buys it... Like, you can get something healthy AND a desert (such as apple crumble and custard ((truly disgusting but desert nonetheless))) for about £1.99, and like I said... Panini=£2.10... And all it is is a long peice of bread with some cheese and tomato (cooked, LOL) shoved inside.

And a couple of chicken nuggets is £1.40/60... D:< Makes meh angreh.

I think I've proved my point about the expensiveness... :/

But I live in England so I can't really answer your question. :'[

We British don't have to posh to be privileged! (As the lady on TV so often tells us.) (Sometimes it's a man, but usually it's a talking picture of a really posh lady... Which doesn't prove anything, because she's posh anyway... ARGHEH... DD:<)

We call it canteen, cafeteria, dining hall... Depends whether I have PE or not. :|

I live in the US, and yes, it is sterotype that cafeteria lunches are blah. e.e

Let's rewind to elementary school. We got "airline" lunches - basically food in an aluminum tin container, that was microwaved or heated. I don't think I ever ate lunch in elementary school - the days that my mom made me buy lunch, anyway. Everything was soggy - cookies, buns, whatever. The veggies always looked limp and rotted. And the main course? The pizza was alright, but the hotdogs? Ah man. They were crooked, and were more green and purple than the roan color they're supposed to be. O_O

In junior high things got better. The actual lunch was still disgusting, but they started offering ala carte items that actually ARE good - french fries, nachos, giant cookies, soft pretzels, cheese sticks, Skittles, ice cream bars, etc.

I'm in high school now, and the lunch selections are still better than elementary school, but not quite as great as junior high. You can choose from buying the actual lunch (i.e. pizza, hotdog, Jet 747 sandwich, chicken sandwhich, hamburgher, etc. The LUNCH comes with a veggie and a drink.), or you can buy ala carte. (The actual LUNCH is still gross, but ala carte is yum. :] Same ala carte items as above, minus the cheese sticks. D: ) You can buy Gatorade, iced tea, Propel, etc from the vending machines. (They take the pop out during the day. >_>; ) Whenever I buy, (I pack quite frequently - it may look like there are many options, but honestly, it all gets old, and is super unhealthy. Plus, you have to pay for it. x3), I usually buy a plain soft pretzel and a giant cookie. :]

It honestly depends on your school district. I don't think the lunch as a whole is THAT bad where I am, but if there were no ala carte options... ah man. That would suck. ]:

I don't live in America, but here the food is... okay. Sometimes.

Few weeks ago there was sausages full of BONE PIECES! :eek: Ewww...

I don't even have a cafeteria at my school! :eek: (I'm at an elementary/middle school combined) well.... we have a vending machine with juice, and bake sales every now an then.. those are good :D

My friend goes to a middle school/high school combined school, so she gets a cafeteria. -__- apparently they have pretty good food, and she loves something called 'pizza rolls'.

I'm a little too trusting of our lunch ladies, because I love them all. I actually go up to them and start conversations a lot. They're so cute. xD

So I eat everything depending on whether I'm hungry I'm not. It tastes fine, really.

One time we had a food fight, and that was waay funner than actual consumption.

The only thing I like at my school is the Fried Chicken, and they dont cook it all the way...

In my school, they order from resterants (sp?) it tastes really awesome. They have Chinese. pizza rolls. pizza, sushi, mac & cheese, bagels, and so on. When they make in there kitchen for school events the food is disgusting. x.o

My school just has a tuckshop. Its all prepacked food like CookieTime cookies, corn chips, Paddle pops and lollies. Its pretty much just a dairy inside school grounds. You can get pies, sausage rolls, pizza and flled rolls but they are all red meat-y and ham-y. I always get a $1 cookie, CC's and gobstoppers.

The Highschool I will be going to in the next school year [Not the current one right now, but starting again in september], I will most likley bring my own lunch. Or I won't bring anything and eat when I get home.

The cafeteria at that school is gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back