Batteries...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocosilver

Reaction score
Because of the numerous topics about battery questions popping up lately, I've decided to put all the answers in one topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What type of battery does my Tamagotchi need?

A: All of the new Tamagotchi Pluses use 3V-CR2032 Batteries.

The original Tamagotchis use LR44 batteries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: A battery w/ an X over it appears on my Tamagotchis screen. What doea this mean?

A: The X-ed battery sign means that your Tamagotchi's battery is low. Change the battery and the sign will no longer appear on your Tamagotchi's sceen, until you need a new battery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How long does my Tamagotchi's battery last?

A: Dispite a few batches of V1's and V3's, the average battery usally lasts from 3-6 months.

Q: Where can I find batteries?

A: You find them at almost any drugstore or Grocery Stores.

I really hope this helped anyone who has questions about the batteries.

//CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to reply with a helpful tip incase this happens to anyone else:

I had put a new battery in my v1 and 5 days later it said my battery was low. I pushed in the button on the back of the toy and selected "download". My tama was back to normal, and I haven't seen the low battery picture since.

Great tips! Also, I wanna add something if it's alright:

Q: What kind of batteries do the old tamas (before v1) use?

A: LR44s, though.... I'm not sure what kind the yasashii uses B)

Great tips! Also, I wanna add something if it's alright:
Q: What kind of batteries do the old tamas (before v1) use?

A: LR44s, though.... I'm not sure what kind the yasashii uses
^Thanks, TT(^o^)! I added that to list.^

//CS

Last edited by a moderator:
it's just awful when the whole memory gets deleted....

:unsure:

Always change the batteries when you get a warning, because sometimes, your batteries may go COMPLETELY dead, and your tama automatically resets. You can't even dowmload, because the batteries were dead for too long and the memory is lost. :wacko: :ph34r: :furawatchi:

For more tips, fun, and html, visitMy Tamagotchi Site, Tamaplace

Oh, by the way, if you want cheap batteries, dollar shops carry them, but then you need to frequently change them (once a month or two). Longer lasting ones cost more, and you can buy them in drug or hardware stores

One more thing!!! The button at the back of my tamagotchi disappeared!! Not really, but it got pressed too hard and it went in and won't come out.

HELP! :unsure: :wacko: :ph34r:

Behind the battery is the chip. If your battery runs out and your tama auto resets, can you somehow do something to the chip to restore the memory??? :furawatchi:

One more thing!!! The button at the back of my tamagotchi disappeared!! Not really, but it got pressed too hard and it went in and won't come out. 

HELP! <_< <_< <_<

Behind the battery is the chip. If your battery runs out and your tama auto resets, can you somehow do something to the chip to restore the memory??? :mimitchi:
I wouldn't recommend messing around with the chip. Some people break their tamas that way.

Maybe if you take the plastic cover off the back you can still push the button in.

Just wanted to reply with a helpful tip incase this happens to anyone else:
I had put a new battery in my v1 and 5 days later it said my battery was low. I pushed in the button on the back of the toy and selected "download". My tama was back to normal, and I haven't seen the low battery picture since.
dat didnt work 4 me!!! :)

I will be adding a link to my siggy soon that will link to my future battery FAQ (I will cover more ground for us, so we can both answer people {Or else it wouldn't be fair cause no one would be able to start another Battery FAQ!!!})

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_

Questions I'VE been asked about/not about batteries

Batteries:

Q: My screen goes black evrey time I drop my tama. Why?

A: Your tamagotchi battery cover is loose. When you drop your tama the battery partialy slips from the battery chamber, therefore not being able to provide enough power for moving pixels.

Q: I put in the right battery, but my tama never comes on. Why?

A: Hmmmm... It might be cause you might have damaged the tama while removing/tightening battery cover. If that is why, you might wanna think about going to the store you bought it from to get a gift card. After you activate it, buy a tama with it and you practily just got a free tama!

Non-batteries:

Q: I set my birthday on the tama but it never celebrates it. Why?

A: ...

Q: I drop my tama then I get edable-balls. Wtf?

A: The same happend to me, its a glitch (Admin tell Bandai about this glitch please. I never have the time to submit forms to Bandai).

Q: How do I jump on the Jump game?

A: OMFG READ THE MANUAL!!!

Q: My tamas sound stopped working!!! Why?

A: I lost my first V2 bcause of this... If you have tried the debug on the encryption board of your tama, you have disconnected your sound wire. I reccomend buying a new tama.

ALOT of Q&As I've been asked...

And Chocosilver if you want to you can always add what to do right after that you have putted in a new battery: Download or Reset. ^^v

I will be adding a link to my siggy soon that will link to my future battery FAQ (I will cover more ground for us, so we can both answer people {Or else it wouldn't be fair cause no one would be able to start another Battery FAQ!!!})

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_

Q: My tamas sound stopped working!!! Why?

A: I lost my first V2 bcause of this... If you have tried the debug on the encryption board of your tama, you have disconnected your sound wire. I reccomend buying a new tama.

ALOT of Q&As I've been asked...
My V2's sound stopped working and I never tried to debug or messed around with it! And I still have it! So I don't think you lose it.... only if you're messing around because that happened with my best friends pack of tamas. ONLY THOSE TAMAS.

Great tips... but i just wanted to add that you can also get the bateries at future shop (there less money there)

Cya later

A guide should pin this, u no.Iv bin wondering about this topic for ages!!!

Because of the numerous topics about battery questions popping up lately, I've decided to put all the answers in one topic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What type of battery does my Tamagotchi need?

A: All of the new Tamagotchi Pluses use 3V-CR2032 Batteries.

The original Tamagotchis use LR44 batteries.

Q: A battery w/ an X over it appears on my Tamagotchis screen. What doea this mean?

A: The X-ed battery sign means that your Tamagotchi's battery is low. Change the battery and the sign will no longer appear on your Tamagotchi's sceen, until you need a new battery.

Q: How long does my Tamagotchi's battery last?

A: Dispite a few batches of V1's and V3's, the average battery usally lasts from 3-6 months.

Q: Where can I find batteries?

A: You find them at almost any drugstore or Grocery Stores.

I really hope this helped anyone who has questions about the batteries.

//CS
Not all of the new Tamagotchi are Tamagotchi Pluses. There's also the UraTama, Entama, Keitai and quite a few others...

Another thing you should add is HOW LONG THE WARNING IS. The warning is quite long but if you have a glitchy v3 you may get a half-day warning (like my friend). I think I've gotten a 5 day warning before I changed the battery once before.

The battery on my v3 lasted 9 generations. And then I decided I hated my v3. I tried to kill it, but it took too long, so I ROM tested it approx. 10 times and then repeated around twice... the battery is still good now. There's a form of "recharging" the battery, by taking it out of the system for a few seconds to around half an hour before replacing it. I don't know how long it takes for the memory to be wiped out because of no battery.

I got my batteries at d*** Smith. Try electronic stores like that.

Oh, and the information is quite good, good job! Found it extremely useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back