♥ Perotchi Dreams 3 ♥

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Yada yada yada, I GUESS you< Orandatchi, can read this and the other Perotchi stories. :)

This will probably be my last Perotchi Dreams story but I will write other stories like it later on when I’m not so lazy. This is a fiasco. :’<

PEROTCHI DREAMS 3

Tamagotchi Planet was such a fun, lively place nobody could ever get bored. Well, ALMOST nobody. Because that’s exactly what Perotchi was—bored. Bored, bored, bored. Bored out of her mind.

Pero had been on a few exciting adventures lately, but today the only action was her Tama Pet, Puchiberitchi, sneezing. Thrills. So there she was, drawing pictures. Not even her pictures were fun. They were drawings of the grass and other stuff like that.

“I think I will take another nap,” Pero muttered, even though she already took 50 naps that day. It was the only thing to do these days.

Then Pero had an idea. Instead of snoozing, she would go outside and gaze at the clouds. So she went out into the yard and stared at the white, puffy shapes in the sky, trying to be fascinated by them. She studied them and imagined what they looked like.

“They all look like Watawatatchi,” she decided, more bored than ever. She closed her eyes and started to daydream about sugary stuff. Pero LOVED sugary stuff. She imagined mountains of fudge and rivers of chocolate milk, as well as ice cream raining from the sky and lollipop trees sprouting from the ground.

“Paradise…” she murmured to herself, starting to drool. She opened her eyes again and sighed. She longed to do something fun and exciting. She had adventures before, so why not now?

One of the reasons why Pero felt as if she were watching paint dry was because Detective Anpan hadn’t visited her for quite a while. She was used to going on adventures with him but now she felt like banging her head against the wall. She decided to go and see what was up.

Pero managed to find her way to the Mame House without getting lost. She raised her hand to knock on the door, but it was already unlocked. What if a burglar had been here? Or maybe there was murderer, and that was why she hadn’t seen Anpan lately. Pero tried to stop scaring herself with silly thoughts and cautiously opened the door.

Pero wasn’t sure if it was okay to sneak into someone’s house without their permission, but she went upstairs to Anpan’s (or Mametchi’s) room anyway. She quietly opened the door and tiptoed in. There was Anpan… and Lovelin?

Anpan and Lovelin were talking about some kind of TV show. Pero was mad. How DARE Anpan talk to another girl besides her?! They didn’t notice her yet, so she crept up to them to listen to their conversation. Something about… traveling to another country?

It wasn’t long before Lovelin spotted her. “Oh, is that Pero, your friend?” she asked Anpan. Pero glared at her suspiciously.

“More than that,” Anpan corrected, smiling at Pero.

“Oh yeah, your best friend,” Lovelin said, rolling her eyes.

“That’s still not right.”

Lovelin seemed to be getting agitated. “All right, she’s your girlfriend.”

“Yeah, but not exactly.” Pero couldn’t understand what Anpan meant. Not exactly? Did that mean he didn’t like her anymore?

“That means the only thing she could be is your… fiancée?”

This time Anpan didn’t say anything. Pero blinked in confusion. A fiancée was someone you were going to marry. She told herself Anpan was just joking.

“Anyway, Pero,” Anpan said. “What are you doing here anyway?”

Pero was a little annoyed. “I came to find out why you haven’t visited me lately,” she snapped. She glared at Lovelin. “Is she your new girlfriend?”

“Of course not Pero,” Anpan assured, patting her shoulder. “And I’m sorry, but I have just been a bit busy. Okay?”

“Okay, but I would appreciate it if someone told me what was going on.”

“Hey Anpan,” Lovelin said suddenly. “I have to go back to the studio now. Meet me there tomorrow!”

“Um… sure.”

Pero waited for Lovelin to stroll out the door, and then looked questioningly at Anpan. “Well? Are you going on a date with her?”

“Don’t be silly! I just…” Anpan sounded hesitant. Pero waited for him to finish. “Er, I have to be in a TV show with Lovelin, that’s all. We will visit different places of the world and stuff.”

“That sounds like fun!” Pero grinned, happy that something interesting was going to happen at last. “Can I come too?”

Anpan paused. “No.”

“Aw, that’s not fair!” Pero complained. “Why not?”

“Well, Lovelin just seems to like me and I don’t want you to fight with her like you did with Moriritchi. It could be… dangerous.”Anpan was careful not to get into detail.

“I’ll be all right! It’s not as if Moriritchi killed me or anything.”

Anpan was silent. Pero wondered if she had said anything wrong. She begged him quietly, “Please, can I come with you?”

“Nope.”

Pero sighed. She knew she couldn’t make Anpan change his mind. But why was he being so stubborn? She couldn’t remember Moriritchi doing anything ‘dangerous’. “I’ll miss you,” she whispered. She pulled him closer so she could kiss him. Anpan soon pushed her away again.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine without me,” Anpan insisted. “I’ll only be away for a few months.”

“Months?!” Pero repeated. She almost fainted. She started crying. “Don’t leave me!”

Anpan froze. Those were the exact words he said when he thought Pero was dying.

“Are you okay?” Pero asked him suspiciously.

“Of course I am. I’ll be gone tomorrow, but I will be back soon. I promise.”

“If you say so,” Pero sniffed, fighting back more tears.

As Pero trudged home, still crying, she felt worse than ever. Months of complete and utter boredom awaited her. How could she possibly survive without her true love? It was simple; she couldn’t. When she arrived home she went straight to her room and stared at the ceiling. Exciting!

The next morning, it was school. At lunchtime Pero refused to talk to anyone. She didn’t even want to eat. She just sat alone on the bench with her arms folded, glaring at everything around her. She was definitely not in a good mood.

“Are you okay?” someone asked by her side. She turned and saw Kuromametchi sitting next to her. She groaned and ignored him.

“If you’re lost, I can help you,” he told her.

“I am not lost,” she grumbled. “Leave me alone.”

Kuromametchi studied her, trying to work out why she was angry. She wanted to be alone. She stuck her tongue out at him.

Kuromametchi wasn’t offended. He just smiled. “You’re funny. And cute.”

“Shut up if you know what’s good for you.”

Kuromametchi refused to give up. “If you tell me what’s bothering you I will never pester you ever again.”

Pero glanced uncertainly at him. “Well, my boyfriend, Detective Anpan, went off to star in a TV show and I have to wait for him to come back. Until then, I’m bored to death.”

Kuromametchi seemed to understand. “Oh, I see. Well, I know a fun place I could take you. Would you like to see it?”

Pero glared at him. “Okay, but that’s only because I’m bored. If it’s a trick, you are dead.”

Kuromametchi snickered and took her hand. “We can sneak away so nobody will notice us.”

Pero was a bit wary as Kuromametchi lead her away from the school, but she was curious so she didn’t protest. The ‘fun place’ seemed to be quite a distance away.

“Look over there,” Kuromametchi eventually said. Pero looked up and couldn’t believe her eyes. It was Guruguru Town! The ground was smooth, pink concrete. A sparkling fountain was at the center of the city. Better yet, everything looked like candy! This was almost as good as Pero’s daydream.

“Have a look at this flower.” Kuromametchi picked a flower from the ground. He handed it to Pero. It looked exactly like a lollipop! She hesitantly touched it with the tip of her tongue. It really was a lollipop…the best lollipop she had ever tasted! She began licking the lollipop flower like there was no tomorrow, savouring the strawberries-and-cream flavour.

“I think you should visit the amusement park,” Kuromametchi said with a grin. Pero was too busy sucking her lollipop to say anything, so she followed him to the most amazing amusement park she had ever seen! The Ferris wheel was so huge, it was almost intimidating.

“Would you like to ride on that?” Kuromametchi asked. Perotchi was a little bit nervous, but she nodded.

Kuromametchi bought two tickets and helped Pero onto the Ferris wheel. As it started to lift into the air, Pero felt dizzy and covered her eyes.

“This is too scary,” she complained. “I feel sick.”

“It’s not bad once you get used to it. Open your eyes,” Kuromametchi encouraged.

Pero hesitantly uncovered her eyes. The Ferris wheel was at its full height, and Pero could see the entire city. Lollipop trees, majestic castles, and everything that she thought could only exist in a fairytale.

“It’s…beautiful,” Pero whispered. Kuromametchi smiled.

Eventually the Ferris wheel came to a stop. Kuromametchi and Pero got off.

“How was it?” Kuromametchi asked.

“Amazing!” Pero answered as she tossed the lollipop stick in the bin. Then she noticed some market stalls nearby. “Oh, I feel like shopping!”

Pero rushed over to the stalls and stared at all the little trinkets and stuffed toys they had for sale. Pero gazed longingly at a little cupcake pendant. “I NEED that… but I don’t have any money.”

“I do,” said Kuromametchi. “I will buy it for you.”

Pero beamed. “Really? Thank you!”

After Kuromametchi paid for the pendant, he carefully placed it around her neck. Pero smiled and thanked him again. She felt as if she couldn’t be happier.

“I think you better go home now,” Kuromametchi said to her.

“Aw, you’re right. Can we come again someday?”

“Whenever you want,” Kuromametchi promised, and then kissed her forehead. Pero blushed.

“Erm… yeah, okay. Bye,” she stammered, and then hurried home.

At home, Pero started watching TV. But she wasn’t paying any attention to the show; she was actually pondering. She kind of liked Kuromametchi, but there was something bothering her. She thought for a few more moments, then realized. She had forgotten all about Anpan! How would he feel if he found out she was having fun with someone else? Pero sighed and fiddled with her pendant.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Pero got up and went to open the door, wondering who it could be. It was her mother, Bakerytchi, who hardly ever had the time to come home from the bakery she worked at.

“Mama!” Pero exclaimed. “You’re here!”

“I just decided to have a break from work,” Bakerytchi explained, coming in to sit on the couch. “So, Pero, how have you been lately?”

“Fine,” Pero replied. “But… I have a bit of a problem.”

“What is it?” Bakerytchi asked anxiously. “Are you hurt or anything?”

“No, nothing like that,” Pero replied hastily. “It’s just… Anpan left to star in one of Lovelin’s TV shows and I miss him.” Her Mama knew she was fond of Anpan, but she didn’t know just how much.

“Oh, don’t worry,” Bakerytchi assured. “I’m sure he will be back soon. Crushes don’t last forever. Who knows, by the time he comes back maybe you would have forgotten him. In the meantime, try to find a new crush.”

Pero groaned. Anpan was more than just a crush. But then she remembered Kuromametchi… “I guess you’re right.” She muttered.

As the months passed, Pero spent a lot of her free time enjoying herself in Guru Guru Town with Kuromametchi. She missed Anpan, but in the meantime she was beginning to realize just how much she adored Kuromametchi. Maybe Bakerytchi had been right. Maybe Anpan was just a crush, and she would soon forget about him and love Kuromametchi instead…

One day when Pero was just relaxing and reading a comic with Puchiberitchi, she heard the doorbell ring. She wondered if it was her Mama taking a break from baking bread. Or perhaps it was Kuromametchi, coming to visit. She dumped her comic onto the couch and answered the door…

“Detective Anpan…?” Pero mumbled uncertainly. She completely forgot about him!

“Um, yeah, I came back,” Anpan said, stepping inside. Pero shut the door and stood there staring at him. “So… did you miss me?”

Pero was silent.

“Hey, I’m sorry I took so long… I really missed you.”

“Whatever,” Pero muttered. “I guess I kind of missed you.”

“Pero…I didn’t mean to upset you.”

Pero suddenly remembered something. “Anpan, I have to ask you something… just before you left you implied that I was your fiancée. What on Earth were you thinking?”

“Pero, I know you’re angry with me, Anpan began, “but please stop taking it so personally. I love you and that’s all there is to it. I was going to ask you to…marry me. So, in a way, you were almost my fiancée…?”

Pero glared at him. “That is ridiculous. I would never marry you—ever.”

“Pero, you don’t mean that…”

“Yes I do.”

Anpan stared at her in disbelief. The way she said it…she really meant it. He noticed the cupcake pendant she was wearing. “Um…where did you get that necklace?” he asked, trying to change the subject.

“Kuromametchi bought it for me,” Pero replied coldly. “He certainly seems to care about me more than you do.”

“Don’t be silly…” Anpan stopped. He knew it was no use.

“Get out of my house,” Pero commanded. She opened the door and shoved him out.

“Well, if you ever change your mind—“ Pero slammed the door before he could finish.

Pero went back to reading her comic book and tried to ignore what happened. Somewhere inside, she felt a little guilty… she sighed and put her comic book down. She turned to Puchiberitchi.

“Oh, Puchiberitchi, what should I do?”

The next day Pero was gloomy even though she was at Guru Guru Town with Kuromametchi. She still wasn’t sure if she had treated Anpan fairly.

“Hey, Pero, what’s on your mind?” Kuromametchi asked when they were in the park. “I can tell something’s bothering you.”

“Anpan came back yesterday,” Pero admitted. “I was mean to him. He…he wants me to marry him but I was angry that he left me for such a long time.”

“I see…” Kuromametchi murmured. “Maybe you should apologize.”

“If I marry him, would that hurt your feelings?” Pero asked suddenly. Kuromametchi seemed surprised.

“No, I wouldn’t complain,” he replied after a while. “You just have to follow your heart. It knows what the best thing to do is. I will always be your friend, whether you decide to break up with Anpan or marry him.”

Pero stared at the ground. “I think I’ve been a little too harsh. I better go and apologize.”

“Don’t worry. I will support your decision no matter what it is.”

Pero turned to face Kuromametchi. “Thank you for everything. I… I am going to marry Anpan.”

Pero gave Kuromametchi a quick hug, and then rushed to the Mame House as fast as she could. Anpan was outside, too lost in thought to notice Pero running right towards him.

“Anpan, I will marry yooouuuu!” she shouted. Anpan looked up in surprise but before he could say anything, Pero hugged him so tight he could barely breathe. Then she started crying. “Anpan, I am so sorry! I love you! Please forgive me!”

Anpan managed to push her away. “Um… I don’t quite understand everything, but if you’re sorry it doesn’t mean you have to kill me.”

“Oops,” Pero mumbled. “But anyway… I’m sorry. I will marry you.”

Anpan looked at her as if she were crazy. “But I thought you, uh… hated me for leaving you for so long.”

“Please listen to me, Anpan!” Pero sobbed. “I honestly didn’t mean it! Please forgive me!”

“Apology accepted, but… does that mean you will marry me…?” Anpan asked uncertainly.

“Of course I will!” Pero wiped away her tears.

Anpan chuckled. “Well, let’s do this properly now.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little velvet box. He opened the lid and inside was a sparkling ruby ring. He knelt down and, clutching the little box, said to Pero, “Please, will you marry me?”

Pero was speechless for a few seconds, but she finally managed to speak up. “I will, Anpan. You know I will.”

“Thank you so much,” Anpan said as he stood up. He gave the box with the ring to Pero. She gazed at it, admiring how it glinted in the sunlight.

“I love it!” Pero exclaimed. She stood on her tiptoes and gave him a kiss, but after a few seconds he stepped back and smirked.

“What’s so funny?” Pero muttered, feeling a bit annoyed.

“You will have to wait until the wedding,” Anpan reminded her.

Pero rolled her eyes. Then she thought of something that she didn’t look forward to. “Um… I guess we’re engaged now, right?”

“Yes.”

“We have to tell my Mama, don’t we?” The very thought was scary.

Anpan laughed. “What do you mean by ‘we’? YOU tell Bakerytchi!”

“Uh… I guess we can go back to my house and I will call her.”

“Yep,” Anpan agreed, taking her hand.

Telling Bakerytchi turned out to be harder than expected. Pero stood by the phone, but she couldn’t bring herself to dial the number. Anpan watched her in amusement. Finally, she quickly pressed the keys of her Mama’s phone number, which she knew by heart, and snatched the phone. She held it to her ear and waited.

“Hello, this is the Tamagotchi Bakery. What can I do for you?”

Pero jumped at the sound of Bakerytchi’s voice. Secretly, she had hoped her Mama wouldn’t answer. “Um… hi, Mama. I just have to tell you something.”

“What is it, Pero? Is the house on fire? Did a burglar break in?”

“No, it’s not as if something dangerous happened…”

“But I thought I told you to only call me in emergencies.”

Pero sighed. “Um… This is important. Really important.”

“What is it?” Bakerytchi sounded anxious.

Pero stood as still and silent as a statue. This was it. All she had to do was say, ‘Mama, I am engaged to Anpan! I hope you can come to the wedding!’ But no, Pero was paralysed.

“I can’t do it,” she whispered to Anpan. “Will you tell her?”

“Certainly,” Anpan replied.

Pero spoke into the phone again. “Er… Is it okay if Anpan gives you the news instead? He came back from his trip.”

“You mean your crush? Of course, what does he want to tell me?”

Pero shakily handed the phone to Anpan. He grabbed it and told Bakerytchi confidently, “I am not Pero’s crush. I am her fiancé. We’re getting married, Bakerytchi. Is that okay? I letting Pero get back on now.”

Pero took the phone from Anpan and listened, fearing what her Mama’s answer would be.

“Pero, why didn’t you tell me before?”

Pero groaned. “Mama, the reason why I didn’t tell you before is because we only got engaged today.”

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Bakerytchi sounded excited. “We can make preparations and you can try on pretty dresses. This will be so much fun! Thanks for telling me! I will definitely be at the wedding! I’ll miss out on some work, but that’s okay. This will be FUN!”

Bakerytchi hung up. Pero breathed a sigh of relief.

“You see?” Anpan said. “That wasn’t so bad. Now, would you like to come to the shop and choose a wedding dress?”

Pero nodded. This was all happening so fast! She decided that it would be best to go to the TamaMori shop… but then she remembered that Moriritchi might be there. What would happen if Moriritchi found out she was going to marry Anpan? Trying not to feel nervous, she went with Anpan to the TamaMori shop.

When they went inside, they saw Moriritchi and her big sister, Anemoriritchi. Pero stuck her tongue out at Moriritchi. Anpan just glared at her. For some reason, Moriritchi seemed to be a little bit frightened. Pero wondered why.

“Welcome to the TamaMori shop!” Anemoriritchi said. “What can I do for you today?”

With a smug expression on her face, Pero replied, “I am getting married and I want the most perfect wedding dress.”

Moriritchi looked like she was going to faint.

“Of course I have simply stunning dresses for you, dear,” Anemoriritchi bragged. “They are the finest dresses around. Oh, and we have just the thing for you. Right, Moriritchi?”

Moriritchi managed to say, “Uh, we have a super-duper special wedding dress for sale…my sister claims it’s the most gorgeous dress ever made. Would you like to see it?”

“How expensive is it?” Pero asked.

“The price doesn’t matter,” Anpan insisted. “Yes, Moriritchi, show it to us.”

“Gladly, but it’s kind of hidden…” Moriritchi muttered. She pushed aside one of the racks of clothes and, revealed a hiddendoor. She pushed it open and disappeared inside. There was lots of crashing and banging, and soon Moriritchi came back out holding a dusty box.

“Here is the—cough, cough—wedding dress—cough, cough,” Moriritchi wheezed, shutting the door and pushing the rack back in place.

“I’ll have that, dear,” Anemoriritchi said, taking the box from Moriritchi’s hands. She brushed some of the dust off and opened the lid. She carefully took out a dazzling, lacy white wedding dress and held it up to Pero.

“Do you think it will look okay on me?” Pero asked, fiddling with the frills.

“It looks perfect,” Anpan commented.

“Absolutely gorgeous,” Anemoriritchi agreed. “Now, perhaps you would like to try it on in the dressing room.”

“Um, if you say so,” Pero muttered, gingerly taking the dress from Anemoriritchi. “I will be right back.”

Pero found the dressing rooms and changed into the dress. It was nice and comfortable, and when Pero looked in the mirror she thought it was the most gorgeous dress she had ever seen. But for some reason, she thought it was a bit too fancy for her. She decided to go and ask the others what they thought.

When Pero came back, Anpan and Moriritchi were talking about how special the dress was.

“Why on Tamagotchi Planet does it have to be hidden in some sort of secret room?” Anpan asked her.

Moriritchi noticed Pero. “Oh, hi. Anyway, as you can see, this dress is nice and glittery.” Pero glanced down at her dress. It was quite sparkly.

“That looks adorable, Pero,” Anpan said. Then he turned back to Moriritchi. “What’s so special about the glitter?”

“It is made of REAL gold!” Moriritchi bragged. “Only one dress like this was made, and we got to have it in OUR store! But everyone tried to steal it, so we had to keep it hidden away.”

Anpan wasn’t very pleased about the glitter being real gold. “Uh… how much does it cost?”

Moriritchi glanced at Pero and whispered the price to Anpan. He looked a little bit shocked, but he still gave Anemoriritchi a lot of money. Pero didn’t even want to know how expensive it was.

“Anemoriritchi would you like to come to the wedding?” Anpan asked unexpectedly. “Moriritchi can come too…”

“I would be delighted!” Anemoriritchi replied. “What do you think, Moriritchi?”

Moriritchi sighed and turned away.

“Oh. Well, I guess you can look after the shop while I’m away? I’m going to take lots of friends! Are you sure you don’t want to come?”

Moriritchi just said, “Hmph.”

Pero couldn’t help feeling sorry for Moriritchi. She knew she was upset because she loved Anpan, but he was going to marry someone else. Pero tried to think of something that would make Moriritchi feel better… and then she had an idea. Maybe Moriritchi would like Kuromametchi.

“Hey, Mori, over here,” Pero whispered. “I want to tell you something.”

Moriritchi glared at Pero. “Don’t call me that!”

“Anyway…uh, when Anpan was traveling with Lovelitchi, I became friends with Kuromametchi. He seems really nice… but since I’m marrying Anpan he might be lonely. So maybe you would like to meet him someday?”

“Maybe,” Moriritchi mumbled.

Anpan heard their brief conversation. He stared at Pero as if she lost her mind. “Pero, why are you talking to that pest?”

“She’s not a pest,” Pero insisted.

Anpan ignored her. ‘Well, thank you Anemoriritchi. I guess we better be going now.”

“Oh, one more thing… when is the wedding?” Anemoriritchi asked.

“The day after tomoroow,” Anpan replied. He grinned when Pero froze in horror.

“That’s too soon!” Pero protested.

“I think it’s not soon enough,” Anpan told her. Pero groaned, but she was smiling.

Two days later, it was the day of the wedding. Pero was so nervous she just wanted to stay in bed all day, hiding under the blankets and saying, “I can’t do it! I can’t, I CAAANNN’TTT!”

But she only got to do that for half an hour before her mama, who was taking a break from work, came in and dragged her off the bed. “It’s going to be fine,” she insisted. “Now hurry and put on your wedding dress. We don’t want to be late.”

Pero stood there moping. “I don’t wanna!”

Bakerytchi gave up and left the room, assuming that Pero would eventually put on the dress and go to the wedding. And she was right. After a few minutes, Pero moaned and reluctantly changed into the wedding dress from the TamaMori shop. “I’m not going to survive this,” she muttered to herself. She felt as if she were about to faint.

Pero found Bakerytchi waiting outside. “You see? That wasn’t so hard!” her mama said.

“I knew putting on the dress wouldn’t be hard,” Pero retorted, “but everything else is going to be IMPOSSIBLE! Dang blasted #%@!&!”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, what inappropriate language from such a sweet little girl on her wedding day,” Bakerytchi scolded. “Don’t you want to marry Anpan after all?”

“Of course I do!” Pero said hastily, and then remained silent.

Bakerytchi smiled and walked with Pero to a fancy white church. Pero found it intimidating. Outside, at the front of the church, was a red aisle with Anpan waiting at the end. He smiled at her, but she was too terrified to notice. Practically everyone Pero knew was gathered around, including Anemoriritchi and a bunch of her friends.

“Are you okay, Pero?” Bakerytchi asked gently. “You look a bit feverish.”

Pero stared off into space.

“Remember, it’s only a wedding, not a death sentence. Just keep calm.”

“Uh, okay…” Pero managed to respond.

“Oh, one more thing…” Bakerytchi stuffed a large bouquet of roses in Pero’s hands. She could barely keep her grip on it. When Bakerytchi left to join the audience, Pero started feeling dizzy. She tried to summon at least a little bit of courage.

Pero jumped when she heard the church bells. She took a deep breath and hesitantly walked up the aisle, clutching the bouquet. She was mortified, but she managed to reach Anpan without fainting.

There was a pink Tamagotchi who read out the wedding vows, about promising to love each other forever and all that stuff. Anpan said confidently, “I do”.

Then it was Pero’s turn. She was so mortified she couldn’t speak. But after a while she managed to whisper, “I do”.

Then it was time for the most ‘impossible’ part of all. Pero was sure there was no way she would ever kiss Anpan in front of everyone she had ever known. She stood as still as a statue while Anpan waited impatiently.

When Pero didn’t budge for a minute or two, Anpan gave up on waiting and yanked her forward. He kissed her lovingly for a few moments, and when they parted everyone clapped. Pero blushed, a bit surprised. Anpan looked amused.

Soon Pero was surrounded by all her friends, congratulating her and wishing her luck. Pero was glad it was finally over, sothe dizzy feeling went away. Some of them were so happy, they were crying.

“Uh… how was that?” Pero asked Anpan.

He grinned at her. “That was absolutely perfect.”

Pero wasn’t so sure about that, but she beamed. Then she noticed Bakerytchi coming to congratulate her.

“Oh, Pero, I’m so proud of you!” she said. “Now you are all grown up…”

“I’m not grown up,” Pero objected. “That makes me feel old.”

Bakerytchi laughed. “I guess you’ll never be alone now, when I am away at work.”

“That’s right…” Pero trailed off when she noticed Moriritchi and Kuromametchi! What were they doing there? Pero slipped away through the crowd to greet them.

“Hello, Mori and Kuro,” Pero said. “I didn’t notice you before.”

“Well, I’m your friend right?” Kuromametchi said. “I wouldn’t miss out on your wedding. And I brought my girlfriend too.”

Moriritchi blushed, but she smiled. “You were right Pero,” she whispered. “He’s really nice. Thank you for letting me know!”

“No problem,” Pero insisted. Then she felt Anpan tugging her arm. “What do you want?” she asked him.

“You haven’t seen the cake yet,” Anpan told her.

At the word ‘cake’ Pero almost screamed with joy. Cake… cake… CAKE! She LOVED cake! “There’s a WEDDING CAKE? OMG, I NEED to eat it now!”

“Well, come inside then,” Anpan commanded, taking her hand. He led her into the church, where everyone was gathered around a big dining table. On the middle of the table was a tall, white cake. Pero squealed and ran over to to sit down.

“That looks so delicious!” Pero complimented. “Where did it ccome from?”

“I made it just for you,” said Lovemamalitchi, Lovelitchi’s mother, who owned Tama Café. “Would you like me to cut it for you? There’s plenty for everyone.”

“Yes!”

Lovemamalitchi smiled as she carefully cut the cake into several pieces, and gave everyone a slice. Pero and Anpan got the largest slices, of course, and this delighted Pero. She stuffed the cake into her mouth immediately. Anpan, however, did not find cake appetising. All he was interested in was bread and milk. The most delicious wedding cake in the world? Nope, Anpan wasn’t interested. He stared at his slice as if it were something nasty.

“NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM…” Pero LOVED cake.

“Do you want this piece?” Anpan asked Pero, shoving his plate towards her.

“OF COURSE!” she shrieked. It tasted so delicious she couldn’t contain her excitement.

”Do you like it?” Anpan asked in a bored voice.

“OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!”

Anpan glared at her, clearly not amused.

When the cake was all gone and Pero felt as if she were going to explode if she ate just one more crumb, the wedding was coming to an end. As everyone got ready to go home, Anpan and Pero watched the sunset.

“Are you happy?” Anpan asked Pero.

“Of course I am!” she answered. “I was kind of nervous at first, but because I got to eat the yummiest cake in the world, this is the best day of my life!”

“Pero, you are weird,” Anpan said, smiling at her.

“Too bad, you’ll have to deal with it!” Pero teased.

As they chatted, Pero noticed Moriritchi watching them from nearby. “Oh hi, Mori,” Pero called. “What’s up?”

“Um… I just want to say something…” Moriritchi replied, sounding a little nervous. She hesitantly walked up to Pero and Anpan. “Er… it’s just… um…”

“Don’t worry, Moriritchi,” Pero said. “You already apologized about being a little mean to me before. I should be the one saying sorry for provoking you.”

“Yes, but…” Moriritchi was silent for a few moments. Then she turned to Anpan and said, “I am so, so, SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!”

Anpan glared at her. “You should be. But ‘sorry’ isn’t enough.”

“Anpan, don’t be so mean to Moriritchi!” Pero protested. “She’s really nice. I think… we could actually be friends.”

Anpan stared at her as if she had lost her mind.

“So, Moriritchi… wanna be friends?” Pero asked, holding out her hand.

“Yes, friends,” Moriritchi agreed, taking Pero’s hand and shaking it. “Anyway, I better go back to Kuromametchi. He’ll be wondering where I am.”

“That’s fine,” said Pero. “See you soon!”

“Bye!”

Anpan couldn’t believe his eyes. “You… you actually like that awful pest now?”

“Anpan, I used to be fussing about her and you told me not to complain about her. But now YOU are being fussy!” Pero said humorously.

“Okay, I’ll try not to be bothered by her,” Anpan sighed. “A friend of yours is a friend of mine, I guess.”

“Yes,” Pero agreed. She thought about all her friends. There was Moriritchi, who was once her rival but now her buddy. There was Kuromametchi, who kept her company when she felt alone. There was Puchiberitchi, her loyal Tama Pet. Pero knew that if she could be with the love of her life and all her best friends, she would always be happy.

Zee End. Shoot me now. But before you do that PM me if there are any mistakes because I wrote it while looking at neither the monitor nor the keyboard. O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back