[10 YEARS LATER] Hello!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_2021

Reaction score
I couldn't drop by without saying hello.

It's been an entire decade since I was part of TamaTalk. I can't believe it's still here. I can't believe people still love these little virtual pets as much as I did.

I used to go by the username Tama_Dude2010. There's plenty to cringe at in the activity log. I know. I've just read through it all. I was 9 when I joined, and now I'm on the brink of turning 20.

I have no idea what things are like around here anymore. I wonder how much things have changed. When I joined, the website looked nothing like this. Back in 2010, you could actually change the colour scheme. There were different designs based on different Tamagotchi skins. I was there when we had a fundraiser to switch to another website host.

Who's still around? I imagine most of us grew up and forgot our inner child. I remember some of the staff here. 'TamaMum' was exactly like her username suggested: a mother. She had this site under control, in addition to the ancient chatroom. It still used AOL sounds! 'Admin', as I've learned in recent years, had the most generic username ever. To what I understand, nobody ever knew their age or gender. 'Binary' was also everywhere, or so it seemed.

Of course, I have a lot of memories with other members, although I can't remember their usernames. I loved this place. I used to visit here every day after school. It seemed amazing to be surrounded by people who loved Tamagotchi as much as me. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It was the first time I felt part of a real community, and it probably influenced me a lot.

When I joined, the Tama-Go was the newest toy. I don't know what's available now. Even then, Tamagotchi was losing its popularity. That said, I've started to see them being sold again in the UK. I have no idea why. I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to buy one. I took them everywhere as a kid. I loved the V3 and V4.5. I used to love Mametchi - and the P1/P2's child stages for some reason.

Anyway, this has gone on long enough. It's great to be here and I'm happy to say hello to anyone, if anyone even reads this. I'm glad you're all enjoying Tamagotchi! Never let anyone or anything stop you having fun - and keep this community alive!

Tama_Dude2010

(Tom)

Hi Tom, and it's nice to meet you! :D

I wasn't a member of TamaTalk back then, but I did know of the site, and ended up as a member here once I got back into the hobby when the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini hit the UK in late 2017.

The current state of things is quite interesting - as well as re-releases of the 1990s Gen 1/Gen 2 devices, and a raft of license-based Tamagotchi Nanos (you might have seen the Pac-Man Tamagotchi in UK stores - this is one of them), we're about to see the first colour model made exclusively for Western markets, which is called the Tamagotchi Pix. Some retailers leaked some information and product photographs recently, but then had to withdraw their listings because it hasn't been officially announced yet!

I like your approach, by the way - it's really important not to abandon what you enjoy just because somebody said that your age being some arbitrary number means that "you're too old for it now". ;) Keep having fun!

I've been here on and off since 2006, and I just remembered that Tamagotchis were a thing again. I signed up here when I was very young as well, but now I don't remember where my Tamagotchis are. I got back into them for a while around 2009, but I cleared out some old manuals. I'm assuming they're in the attic. I felt nostalgic and came back to say hi as well. I remember the old chat rooms, those were epic.

I remember seeing you around! I used to be active here from 2010-2013 and have much the same story- I was 10 years old and excited to join an internet community for a toy I loved so much. I loved to learn about debugging, the different models of tamas, and would talk about other fandoms I enjoyed like Pokemon and MLP. The AOL chat room feel of the tamachat is something I'll NEVER forget.

I remember making art in MSpaint and uploading it to photobucket so I could send it here. This was the first place I ever roleplayed in as well! I was a little kid and my grammar was ATROCIOUS, as was my forum etiquette--- But everyone here was so welcoming, from mods to other users. Admin, Binary, TamaMum, Pokemonboy10, Aquangel, Ebilkitteh, PuffySnivy, PurplePyonkotchi, SailorRosette, So101isfun, Mew0099, Purin, just to name a few!

It's so amazing that this place is still here. I try to check back every year to see what's different, even if it's for a few minutes.

Love ya, Tamatalk!  :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same!!! I havent been on in ten years!!! I was like 11/12 and now im 22. I was horribly cringe. Still am but not like that.

i'm back after a decade as well, i'm hardly familiar with how any of this works anymore. just trying to find the old threads i lurked in ;))

Latest posts

Back