2012 Furby Question(s)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicgotchi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just purchased a used 2012 Furby (excellent condition, with packaging, instructions etc) off eBay and have a few questions for you more experienced Furby carers.

1) Does the 2012 model have a on/off feature or are you required to remove batteries when not in use?

2) Is the IOS/Andriod app for the 2012 Furby still active/playable to interact with the Furby?

I'm really excited for my new furry friend to arrive and would appreciate any additional tips/useful information regarding the 2012 Model!!

Hey! :)
I used to own a Furby Boom, but I know the answers to your questions.

1) Nope, there's no switch. However, if you want to turn it off, one usual method is to pull on it's tail for ten seconds (which I hate, and you would probably too) or just wait until it falls asleep. It makes HEAPS of noises though. XD And also, just one delicate move will set it off completely. Be careful, my friend.

2) Yep! The furbies are still bestsellers, and 2012 ones are still used today. Just search the app up and you'll be on your way to raising the best furby ever! :D

However, mine broke in a week. I traded it in for a 3DS game. No regrets.

Hope I helped!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! :) I used to own a Furby Boom, but I know the answers to your questions.

1) Nope, there's no switch. However, if you want to turn it off, one usual method is to pull on it's tail for ten seconds (which I hate, and you would probably too) or just wait until it falls asleep. It makes HEAPS of noises though. XD And also, just one delicate move will set it off completely. Be careful, my friend.

2) Yep! The furbies are still bestsellers, and 2012 ones are still used today. Just search the app up and you'll be on your way to raising the best furby ever! :D

However, mine broke in a week. I traded it in for a 3DS game. No regrets.

Hope I helped!
Excellent, thank you for your help.

The app looks super adorable with the feeding them food etc so glad it's still running!

One more question, Do Furbies easily break or was that a slight misfortune?

I'm not too sure. Poor Noo-Tah was glitching, turning off (even when I replaced the batteries) and it was being generally creepy O_O. However, I do think I remember dropping it. It wasn't that hard of a drop, though. :( I'm still not too sure, but even then you should be pretty careful with them! XD They cost heaps.

Thanks for your replies.

I have done a little research and a lot of people have mentioned the Furby 2012 is sturdier than the Furby boom... Although the test of time once I receive mine will tell me for sure!

Looking forward to it!

I do warn you though, the 2012 Furbys are problematic, as they tend to kind of die (meaning no battery power) with their eyes open and they randomly fall asleep and wake up. This has happened with my Furby 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back