2017 Tamagotchi P1 & P2 Appear in GameStop Inventory System

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if these will have the same minor changes as the Japanese shuku 20 shunen had.

Supposedly you can order them from GameStop Ireland already. My brother lives there so I asked him to check the site. I will let you guys know!

Why is it that TamaPalace watermarks all of their pictures, but will gladly reshare the pictures of others without bothering to ask for permission or being proactive in providing credit?

Why is it that TamaPalace watermarks all of their pictures, but will gladly reshare the pictures of others without bothering to ask for permission or being proactive in providing credit?
What website is the apparent sharing without credit occurring on? I only ask because some people seem to have a big problem with things being reblogged on Tumblr to the point of demanding permission beforehand, even when this is a feature built into the website and is as intrusive as liking posts. Also, could you provide examples where Tamapalace has apparently not given credit?

As for her watermarking images, I've only seen this on the images for the comic-con replicas of the original Tamagotchi and a quick check of her Instagram and Tumblr doesn't appear to show anymore, not to mention the same watermarked images are unwatermarked on her instagram.

What website is the apparent sharing without credit occurring on? I only ask because some people seem to have a big problem with things being reblogged on Tumblr to the point of demanding permission beforehand, even when this is a feature built into the website and is as intrusive as liking posts. Also, could you provide examples where Tamapalace has apparently not given credit?

As for her watermarking images, I've only seen this on the images for the comic-con replicas of the original Tamagotchi and a quick check of her Instagram and Tumblr doesn't appear to show anymore, not to mention the same watermarked images are unwatermarked on her instagram.
The Tamapalace blog and also both images in the OP of this post.

Her watermarking images shows she fully understands the desire to want credit for your original pictures.

I haven't seen theem actually reposting without giving credit, they usually use the "source" feature which works that way that if you click on the post it will take you to the website they took it from/shows on the footnote of the post.

And on their blog it shows on the "source" link on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, you're right Jhud. Here's the Tumblr post and right at the bottom is the source. While it is uncited on Tamatalk, Tamapalace clearly shows the images and content are not her own when she writes "A GameStop employee was snooping around" and "A Tamagotchi fan on Imgur has posted"; however, that is beside the point as you, Monarlais, specified Tamapalace's tumblr blog was the issue.

Her watermarking images shows she fully understands the desire to want credit for your original pictures.
Currently the only things she has watermarked are the images of the SDCC Tamagotchi replicas, which are just preview images. Chances are she got that from some official source for that convention and I'm not sure if there is really a problem with that. It's not like posting officially unveiled preview images is equivalent to posting leaked images - which is probably theft - and it is not the same as posting someone's artwork without sources, after all the only "original" object here is the physical Tamagotchis themselves.

If I had more knowledge of copyright law I could probably give a more definite answer (but then that would run into the conundrum of whose law am I supposed to read? Canadian law, US law, the law of whatever place the images originally came from?) Having said that, I don't want to give the impression we should debate whether Tamapalace has broken "the law" when there is obviously no reason to. Especially because Monarlais seems more concerned with the attitude of Tamapalace than what she has done, as emphasized in "she fully understands the desire to want credit for your original pictures".

So let's just focus on the news please. No more discussion regarding photo ownership or permission to use.

If you spot a member posting something you believe is not appropriate, please everyone, just report it to the TamaTalk moderators

Please, don't discuss it and that member on the site? (Participating in a discussion - even if it's positive just prolongs naming / shaming, which as you all know is against the rules and leads to topics being closed).

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks, TamaMum! I don't know why that didn't occur to me before, even when it was practically staring me in the face :wacko:

Anyway, anyway, back to the the awesome rerealses. I was just thinking, I don't think I've seen a glitter coated Tamagotchi before and then I remembered the special edition Argos pink glitter V6. The names gave the impression the Tamagotchi was coated in glitter but now I see just like the V6, glitter is mixed in with the clear plastic. That's a pretty smart move since glitter is notorious for falling off. Transparent shells were already pretty enough so I bet it will be even better with sparkly flakes. It seems these new releases are also introducing different finishes and I wonder if Bandai will eventually release a flocked original.

When I saw the tamagotchi mini in stores I caved and bought one right then, wanting the experience I had as a kid. Then I found out that it was a much more watered down version of the original, and I really dislike how I had to feed it candy to make it happy because that always made them sick in the originals.

I really hope these show up in the US. I need a V2 so I can have my adorable puppy <3

Edit: I've checked on the american gamestop and can't seem to find anything but the minis on there as of now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope these show up in the US. I need a V2 so I can have my adorable puppy <3
For a second I thought you were referring to the Tamagotchi Connection Version 2 which is always referred to as the V2, but now I realize you meant Pochitchi on the second release of the Original Tamagotchi, the P2 (or G2/Gen2). I've gotten Pochitchi a few times and it is cute and some of its animations closely parallel with Ginjirotchi, the P1 equivalent. Most newcomers seem to get the minis mixed up with the originals, so you get bonus points for getting it right :lol:

For a second I thought you were referring to the Tamagotchi Connection Version 2 which is always referred to as the V2, but now I realize you meant Pochitchi on the second release of the Original Tamagotchi, the P2 (or G2/Gen2). I've gotten Pochitchi a few times and it is cute and some of its animations closely parallel with Ginjirotchi, the P1 equivalent. Most newcomers seem to get the minis mixed up with the originals, so you get bonus points for getting it right :lol:
P and V sound similar so I can see why my brain would log the wrong one lol.

I was heavily into the virtual pet phase in the 90's but my child self had a horrible time with keeping up with where my pets were, and most of them died in the washing machine. I got out of them after that, but part of me wants to go back in time and steal away those poor virtual pets before they got washed. Since time travel isn't a thing, a rerelease of the originals is the next best thing, which is why this news makes me so excited. :D

For any of you who missed the image of P1/P2's coming soon:

L24xp5G.jpg

Row 1: Original Purple (P1), Original Transparent Blue (P1), Original Pink/White (P2), Original Blue/Silver (P2)

Row 2: Mermaid (P1), Tiger (P1), Light Green Glitter (P2), Leopard (P2)

Row 3: Original Pink/Yellow (P1), Original White/Black (P1), Original Blue/Silver (P2), Original Yellow Blue (P2)

Row 4: Red Glitter (P1), Mermaid (P1), Galaxy (P2), Japanese Logo (P2)

Source: The following Tamagotchi's are available for Pre-Order at ToyPanic.

(Images come from ToyPanic.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back