2017 Tamagotchi P1 & P2 Appear in GameStop Inventory System

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Gamestop a few days ago to pick up a few games and the guy there said that it showed up in the system, but didn't say when they'd be in stock etc. But we're getting close I'm sure! He told me that we'd have better luck finding them online instead of in stores because they don't order very many to carry in shop.

I actually had the thought to check Gamestop's for them yesterday, and while they have some of the anniversary minis, they don't have these guys yet.
I imagine they actually WILL have them in stores since they did the minis in-stores and GS is really trying to push collectibles lately. We'll see tho!

So is it confirmed that this is true?
Nothing concrete from Bandai, but apparently it's also in the system for Target. Just lots of rumors, but they're sounding true enough with a P1/P2 coming out through SDCC. Everything's probably hush hush for now.

I'll definitely spam up this thread, if Bandai confirms it on their news page. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find them on the german gamestop website.. seems like we won't get anything again :(

This is so sad, I got really excited for a second

I can't find them on the german gamestop website.. seems like we won't get anything again :(

This is so sad, I got really excited for a second

You might want to check your local "Müller" store once they're released worldwide since they've also got the Tamagotchi Minis in store. At least that's what I'm hoping for (as the Austrian GameStop also doesn't have them on their website :/)

You might want to check your local "Müller" store once they're released worldwide since they've also got the Tamagotchi Minis in store. At least that's what I'm hoping for (as the Austrian GameStop also doesn't have them on their website :/)
I ordered a mini one on the Müller website yesterday, so I won't be that disappointed at least..

For some reason our gamestops, build a bear workshops, other toystores,... are completely garbage. Let's hope for the best :( usually the good stuff is never appearing here

For any of you who missed the image of P1/P2's coming soon:

L24xp5G.jpg

Row 1: Original Purple (P1), Original Transparent Blue (P1), Original Pink/White (P2), Original Blue/Silver (P2)

Row 2: Mermaid (P1), Tiger (P1), Light Green Glitter (P2), Leopard (P2)

Row 3: Original Pink/Yellow (P1), Original White/Black (P1), Original Blue/Silver (P2), Original Yellow Blue (P2)

Row 4: Red Glitter (P1), Mermaid (P1), Galaxy (P2), Japanese Logo (P2)

Source: The following Tamagotchi's are available for Pre-Order at ToyPanic.

(Images come from ToyPanic.com)
I might be being stupid but does this mean these are the only colours they're releasing? I wanted to grab a white with blue characters p2.

And if that happens, I wont know what to do. I know some people loved a version so much they got several of it, but I've come to realize money is an ever depleting resource (as in I've never wanted so many things that I can't afford all of them). Thankfully there are various kinds of sales and discounts, and in my case everything depends on time. Since there are still minis at my Toysrus, there will probably still be the originals with a series 2.

P1 & P2 Replicas Arrive at GameStop Stores

tumblr_inline_pdw31eRjws1toxdax_500.jpg
tumblr_inline_pdw31hSpoM1toxdax_500.jpg

You heard that right. The Tamagotchi P1 and P2 replicas that are rumored to be released in the United States this fall are already arriving at GameStop.

We received a tip from a GameStop employee that all of the P1 and P2 designs arrived this week, and are fully in stock. The MSRP is $19.99, which is what they’ll be listed for when they’re available. GameStop has a hold sale on these until September 30th. This means that starting September 30th you’ll be able to head over to a GameStop store and pick up one, or for many of us, a few.

The replicas are not yet available on GameStop’s website, however they are still available on GameStop Ireland’s website; which is where they initially leaked earlier this summer.

Although it’s been rumored that these devices will arrive in August and not be distributed until mid October, it looks like we’re getting them sooner than we anticipated. This is great news for Tamagotchi fans who are looking to beat the holiday rush! Which shell designs are your favorite? Comment below!

*Special thanks to rainhex35

For fans in the UK, the toy shop The Entertainer is now listing Tamagotchi Original as "Coming Soon", and you can sign up for an e-mail notification about any of the casings that they'll have available. They'll be £16 each.

It seems that we won't be getting all of the colourways that North America will be, unfortunately - it looks like we're only getting four each of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 designs, rather than all eight of each.

Unhelpfully, all of the product-photographs use a Gen 1 example screen, even on the Gen 2 re-issues! You'll have to refer to the photograph in tamapalace's post above in order to pick out which is actually which.

P1 & P2 Replicas Arrive at GameStop Stores

tumblr_inline_pdw31eRjws1toxdax_500.jpg
tumblr_inline_pdw31hSpoM1toxdax_500.jpg

You heard that right. The Tamagotchi P1 and P2 replicas that are rumored to be released in the United States this fall are already arriving at GameStop.

We received a tip from a GameStop employee that all of the P1 and P2 designs arrived this week, and are fully in stock. The MSRP is $19.99, which is what they’ll be listed for when they’re available. GameStop has a hold sale on these until September 30th. This means that starting September 30th you’ll be able to head over to a GameStop store and pick up one, or for many of us, a few.

The replicas are not yet available on GameStop’s website, however they are still available on GameStop Ireland’s website; which is where they initially leaked earlier this summer.

Although it’s been rumored that these devices will arrive in August and not be distributed until mid October, it looks like we’re getting them sooner than we anticipated. This is great news for Tamagotchi fans who are looking to beat the holiday rush! Which shell designs are your favorite? Comment below!

*Special thanks to rainhex35

This is AMAZING news! Thank you for sharing! Just wish they didn't have a hold until the end of September :(

Ahhh this is great! I need that galaxy P2. Now if only they'd let us preorder them!

Ahhh this is great! I need that galaxy P2. Now if only they'd let us preorder them!
I tried asking if we could put one on hold or prepay and they wouldn't let me :( I will have to settle for waiting by the door come opening on 9/30 :p

I've checked Ebgames, Walmart, Toysrus, Chapters, and even Hot Topic (we have few of them in Canada) but none of them have anything but the Mini. There wasn't any other signs of them either from the simple search I did of "tamagotchi". I'm guessing there might news of a Canadian release date further down the road, and possibly we might get a later release than the U.S. (such as a few months later). I'm certain we will eventually get the replicas as we have already got the Mini and Canada and America have always had close relations. I'm waiting with money anyway XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back