2017 Tamagotchi P1 & P2 Appear in GameStop Inventory System

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamapalace

Reaction score
img=removed (posted without permission)

Ladies and gentlemen, its the moment we’ve been waiting for! Bandai America has done an excellent job drowning us in every single series of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini, but this time, it appears we’re getting the real deal.

A GameStop employee was snooping around the inventory system and discovered some new Tamagotchi products, specifically the 2017 P1 & P2 which were just released in Japan on November 23rd 2017 to wrap-up the 20th anniversary festivities.

img=removed (posted without permission)

A Tamagotchi fan on Imgur has posted images of the GameStop inventory showing off the new P1 & P2’s which are scheduled to hit shelves on August 15th 2018! Although this seems pretty far out, its uncertain whether there will be pre-orders. There are a whole bunch of shell designs that have been leaked on a popular toy website, Toy Panic. Theres a mix of original shells you’ve seen in the late 90’s in the United States along with some new designs too.

It appears that Bandai will be branding these as “Tamagotchi Original”, which they believe will differentiate them from the 2017 Mini. The list price for the 2017 P1 & P2’s are set at $19.99, merely $5.00 more than the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini’s. If you ask us, the additional functionality is well worth $5.00. These are sure to be a hot collectors item and definitely will be a great gift for the 2018 holiday season.

We are so excited to hear about this and believe this will truly bring back the nostalgia we’ve been envying Bandai for releasing in Japan. It looks like its about to be an AWESOME summer! Take a look at the shells above, which one is your favorite?, let us know in the comments below!

Here are the official shell design names:

Top Row:

- Light Green Glitter (P2)

- Leopard (P2)

- Original Pink/Yellow (P1)

- Original White/Black (P1)

- Original Blue/Silver (P2)

- Japanese Logo (P2)

- Original Transparent Blue (P1) - Original Pink/White (P2)

Bottom Row:

- Original Yellow Blue (P2)

- Red Glitter (P1)

- Mermaid (P1)

- Galaxy (P2)

- Black (P2)

- Unicorn (P1)

- Tiger (P1)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news! :D

I imported a Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi P2 from Japan late last year, and I'll pick up a P1 version when these inevitably hit the UK.

What language will they be released in? :eek:
The Happy meter that appears in some of the pictures suggests that these will be in English.

I wonder if Bandai was testing the waters with releasing the Mini in English and then decided they liked the reception? They sold well but a lot of customer reviews of the 20th anniversary in my country were really peeved with the reduced features. I hope they haven't exhausted their good faith with western customers with that move. Sometimes I wonder what Bandai is thinking. Anyway, I hope this means all English speaking countries are getting the 20th P2 then, but I won't hold my breath if the lazy job with the recent minis is any indication. I don't expect them to include English exclusive characters for example. Negative of me, I know. I probably sound salty but really if they're releasing more Tamas outside of Japan then this is good news!

Well, the Mini was sold in Japan way before the Shuku 20 Shunen tamagotchi was too. They're just doing the same thing they did in Japan, guess it took longer because the P1 actually has text to translate and new shells to design, unlike the Minis.

They'll probably be released in every country that had a P1, I'd guess. Or maybe just every country that has a Gamestop?

Well, the Mini was sold in Japan way before the Shuku 20 Shunen tamagotchi was too. They're just doing the same thing they did in Japan, guess it took longer because the P1 actually has text to translate and new shells to design, unlike the Minis.

They'll probably be released in every country that had a P1, I'd guess. Or maybe just every country that has a Gamestop?
I didn't know that! That changes everything. I'm hyped now, I hope we get these!

both of these images are from my facebook group, first image belonging to Destiny Ocean Carroll and the second belonging to me

tumblr_inline_p9kkuq0aqS1toxdax_540.png

Ladies and gentlemen, its the moment we’ve been waiting for! Bandai America has done an excellent job drowning us in every single series of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini, but this time, it appears we’re getting the real deal.

A GameStop employee was snooping around the inventory system and discovered some new Tamagotchi products, specifically the 2017 P1 & P2 which were just released in Japan on November 23rd 2017 to wrap-up the 20th anniversary festivities.

tumblr_inline_p9kkv0ZnSH1toxdax_540.png

A Tamagotchi fan on Imgur has posted images of the GameStop inventory showing off the new P1 & P2’s which are scheduled to hit shelves on August 15th 2018! Although this seems pretty far out, its uncertain whether there will be pre-orders. There are a whole bunch of shell designs that have been leaked on a popular toy website, Toy Panic. Theres a mix of original shells you’ve seen in the late 90’s in the United States along with some new designs too.

It appears that Bandai will be branding these as “Tamagotchi Original”, which they believe will differentiate them from the 2017 Mini. The list price for the 2017 P1 & P2’s are set at $19.99, merely $5.00 more than the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini’s. If you ask us, the additional functionality is well worth $5.00. These are sure to be a hot collectors item and definitely will be a great gift for the 2018 holiday season.

We are so excited to hear about this and believe this will truly bring back the nostalgia we’ve been envying Bandai for releasing in Japan. It looks like its about to be an AWESOME summer! Take a look at the shells above, which one is your favorite?, let us know in the comments below!

Here are the official shell design names:

Top Row:

Bottom Row:

- Light Green Glitter (P2)

- Leopard (P2)

- Original Pink/Yellow (P1)

- Original White/Black (P1)

- Original Blue/Silver (P2)

- Japanese Logo (P2)

- Original Transparent Blue (P1) - Original Pink/White (P2)

- Original Yellow Blue (P2)

- Red Glitter (P1)

- Mermaid (P1)

- Galaxy (P2)

- Black (P2)

- Unicorn (P1)

- Tiger (P1)

Even if they don't come to my country I will legit import one from the USA. If anyone learns where and when I can preorder one let me know! I assume closer to the 15th of August probably.

Reactions: Iza
GameStop Lists Tamagotchi P1 Replica Pre-Orders

tumblr_inline_pbdfpdWr981toxdax_500.jpg

GameStop.com, a popular video game, and consumer electronic retailer has just recently posted the P1 replicas on their website Irish website that are going to be hitting shelves this fall. Now these devices are replicas of the original P1’s released in America back in 1997, and 1998 respectively. If you recall correctly the P1 and P2 replicas were released in Japan last year in November to wrap up the 20th anniversary celebration in Japan. However, Tamagotchi was released in America in May of 1997, so we’re still celebrating!

The Tamagotchi P1 & P2’s differentiate themselves from the previously released Mini’s thanks to additional features, such as more characters, games, and of course a much welcome menu! These are replicas of your favorite original Tamagotchi back in 1997 and 1998 here in the United States. They’re much more interactive than the Mini’s, and they’re bound to a hot seller this holiday season worldwide.

You may recall that a screenshot of GameStop’s inventory indicated that they would be receiving P1 & P2 replicas, in exclusive shell designs this August. Apparently, they will be arriving in GameStop’s inventory around August 15th, but they won’t be sold until approximately October 10th. This timeline actually makes a good deal of sense since the anniversary of Tamagotchi is November 23rd. Bandai is bringing the P1 and P2 replicas outside of Japan with some original shell designs from the 90’s along with some fun new ones. There are MINOR differences between these and the originals, such as the feel of the three buttons, and of course these models take the more modern CR2032 batteries you’ve come to know and love from the Tamagotchi Connection line.

tumblr_inline_pbdfpv4gwy1toxdax_500.png

Here’s what the GameStop leak/pre-order has revealed:

1. The P1 and P2 replicas will be available in October.
  2. They should be available internationally, these were leaked on the GameStop website in Ireland.
  3. They will sell for approximately €24.99, the screenshot leaked in America indicates that they will sell for approximately $20.00.
  4. The packaging and seen approve slightly mimics the original packaging from the 90’s.
  5. The designs above are confirmed as P1′s.
If you’re in Ireland, then feel free to place an order for one of these replicas, note that this is considered to be a pre-order. These won’t ship until October, so you’ll be waiting a good deal of time. We will keep you updated as we hear more information from our sources. One thing is for sure, these will be a HOT seller this holiday season so be sure to get your hands on them as they arrive on shelves.

We couldn’t be more excited about the upcoming P1 & P2 replicas! We want to hear what you think in the comments below!

YEEEESSSSS! Thank you for keeping us informed, Tamapalace ^_^ :lol:

I was purposely keeping back some of my birthday money to buy these if they came out, so I'm glad my hunch payed off (or rather it will). When the mini was released, I bought two designs so I'll probably do that for these versions. Seeing as there will be both the P1 and P2 available, I'll probably get one of each as I don't think I have enough for four Tamagotchis. Converting the American price to Canadian dollars, the price works out to $26 which is accurately a little more than the minis. For the P1, I'll probably go with the Unicorn shell although the black and green glitter ones look good too. I'll wait and see what is officially offered for the P2.

I lent my mini to a friend of mine who had the original Tamagotchis, but seeing as she couldn't take care of that I probably wont with this rerelease. She'll probably be ecstatic to see it, though. This rerealse will be fun to run aside my originals, of which I have both a P1 and P2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back