"A" button isn't working to cure sickness

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

megan1234

Reaction score
Hi! I have the 20th Anniversary Mini Tamagotchi.

My tamagotchi just got sick for the first time (it has the skull that reappears and disappears on the top right corner of the screen). I've been pressing the A button repeatedly to cure it but nothing is happening. I've even tried holding the A button, still nothing. I tried pressing it once just alone and still nothing as well. Could my device be broken or something? Help :( lol

From my experience with the Tamagotchi mini, I would say there are two kinds of sickness, one kind due to neglect and another due to old age. The sickness that comes from neglect (or bad care) I hear can be cured within a short time. The sickness that comes from old age appears to be uncurable and marks the end of a tamagotchi's life. I say appears to be because I tried for perhaps 2-3 minutes to heal my mini by pressing the A button and getting no results, I stopped trying. Based on that experience, I just assumed the long, drawn out sickness was part of the Tamagotchi Mini's programming. It parallels with the versions they are based on - the P1 and P2 - except with how the sickness on those versions is short and built into the death animation.

Your Tamagotchi is dying of old age if you cannot heal its sickness. Mine died yesterday at the age of 14.

After somewhere around 30 minutes of spasming it will die and you'll be able to restart by pressing A+C.

I had this happen to mine as I was about to board a plane at the start of December. It's SUPER stressful to just have to sit there and watch, but it's good to know I didn't screw something up.

After somewhere around 30 minutes of spasming it will die and you'll be able to restart by pressing A+C.
30 minutes? You're lucky - when I first encountered this with mine, it went on for half a day!

I knew what was going to happen, but it took such a long time to do so...

Can the mini death animation really take half a day? I thought most tamagotchi death animations only lasted a few minutes at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back