A couple 4U/4U+ questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skygryph

Reaction score
Sorry to bother you all, but I just had a couple questions about the 4U/+.

First, does anyone here know if the 4U works with a Nexus 5x phone? I checked Mr. Blinky's site, and it sounds like a United States Nexus 5x (which is what I have) should work; however, I noticed 5xs from some other countries are in the red/does not connect zone, which makes me worried that maybe the US 5xs don't work after all and it was simply a typo. Does anyone know for sure if the US 5x works and/or if Mr. Blinky's list is fairly reliable? If the list is known to be accurate, then I'll probably just assume it is correct.

Second, if worst comes to worst and the 5x isn't compatible...how fun is the 4U without the app and downloads? I really enjoy simple tamas and don't mind a low character count, so I'm wondering if not having the app wouldn't be too big of a deal for me. Is there anyone out there who doesn't use the app and still enjoys their 4U?

Thank you for reading! ^_^

I can't say much for the first part of your question, but I have a New Zealand Galaxy S5 which isn't compatible. Model is SM-G900I, and the one for Australia and UK isn't compatible either.

But the 4U/4U+ was fairly cheap for me, so it wouldn't be too much of a burden on you even if your phone ends up unable to use the app.

For me, I found the 4U to get quite boring after the first four generations or so. There's a very limited amount of content (this is my first colour Tama so I'm not sure if the other Tamas have that little item/destinations) and only 10 built in characters. My enjoyment with the 4U will definitely increase if I had a NFC compatible device.

I don't have the app, and I enjoy my 4u when I am just looking to run a VERY simple color tama that I'm not going to have to look after very much. I'm sure it's much better with the app, but it is enjoyable without it as well. :D

I have a nexus 6p. The 6p and the 5x came out around the same time. The app works no problem with my tama. If the list says that you can use that phone then that list is usually correct.

Thank you all! That makes me feel much better, Yamiko--if the 6p works, that's a good sign the 5x should work, too. And even if it doesn't, it sounds like I'll still enjoy the 4U anyway.

Thanks again! If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free to do so. I won't be placing an order for the 4U for at least a month, so I'll read any more comments in the meantime. :)

Hi

I had the same problem with my samsung galaxy s5.

I downloaded feliCa on my phone and that worked, on some phones it is a standard app I think but others normally can download it fro their app store.

I hope this helps.

Hi

I had the same problem with my samsung galaxy s5.

I downloaded feliCa on my phone and that worked, on some phones it is a standard app I think but others normally can download it fro their app store.

I hope this helps.
I thought that felica nfc will only work for phones that are compatible with it? A phone that doesn't have that (e.g my Galaxy S5) wouldn't be able to use it

All I know is that I downloaded the engish version of the app on my phone via mrblinky and I couldn't open it. Then I saw on that website that was becase of that felicia things that was missing. So I went to my app store, searched for a felicia app and downloaded the first one ( with a green logo). And it worked, my phone was able to open up the app and use it. I would say it is worth the try.

I have a United States Nexus 5X, can verify that it works with the app on a 4u+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back