A question about ads

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
This isn't a suggestion. It is just a question I have involving the site that the mods/admin may be able to answer, and I did not know where else to put it, sorry.

I wanted to know, do ads help the site? I have decided to disable Adblock on TamaTalk in hopes that allowed the ads to appear would create more avenue for Admin. I want to support the site as best as I can, so that's why I wanted to know how useful ads are for getting money for the site.

Thanks for reading!

TamaMum

Reaction score
In the past TamaTalk has accepted the advertisements because they help cover the cost of running this site - it keeps the site free to join and enjoy.

Personally I don't find them intrusive and I just kind of blank them out of my view of the TamaTalk pages!

Usually it's cookies from sites that track your browsing history (and your IP sometimes) then use the info to re-market/re-target to promote stuff that you have already shown an interest in and sometimes any special info useful to a person who lives in the general location of the IP address (but not, of course your home address).

Some of the ads really can be quite useful and I have clicked the links to find more info.

You can reduce the amount of re-targeting if you delete cookies from the site you've visited; if you can be bothered ;)

T

Tech Admin

Short answer is yes. Ads do help a ton in covering some of the cost of the server, software, etc.

TamaTalkers that are not Angelgotchi members see more ads. That is one way to reduce the number you see. You are already an Angelgotchi so you probably do not see much.

Turning off the ad blocking is really appreciated! Ads, though they are a bit in-your-face and distracting, are a necessary part of keeping this community online.

Status
Not open for further replies.