A Rant about V4

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePleb

Reaction score
Recently I found my long-forgotten V2, V3 and V4 tamagotchis and joyfully resurrected all three. I've had great fun with them, but I've very quickly discovered that my V4 is easily my least favourite of the three models. Why? Because of the tendency to receive snakes or poo in the mail and make the tamagotchi upset, wiping ALL of their happiness hearts. I've had a very busy day so only have only played a few games on them, but have had the happiness completely wiped by snakes/poo twice and had to 'snack' my tama back to happiness. This, coupled with the unfortunate event of accidentally feeding my V4 her least favourite treat, means she has put on 50lbs in just one day - would have been more if I hadn't forced myself to play a small number of games to make up for this. Meanwhile, with similar lack of game playing my V2 and V3 have both put on around 15lbs.  

Why have this stupid snake/poo feature in the mail that forces you to comfort feed your tama back to happiness? It makes playing the games feel like a slog just to get your tama back to a healthy weight. Also, the funnest games are often the job minigames, which is a really novel idea and one of the positives of the V4. But for some reason you don't lose weight from these. Why not? You don't even get paid instantly for your job either because you have to wait for your pay, meaning there isn't an instant reward from the job at all, taking away a lot of the satisfaction of playing it in the first place.

I'm fairly new here so probably not the first person to moan about this, but am fed up and wanted to get this off my chest. Rant over.

I agree with you here!  :angry:

The thing I dislike the most about this version is the bad mails!

The reason you receive these mails I think is because you don’t donate the king enough money, or you don’t donate at all. If you donate he will send you gifts instead.

The connections especially V4/V4.5 are my favorites and that’s because you kind of determine their personalities and what tama they become when they evolve into adults. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a v4 but I've played with a v4.5 before and can see where you're coming from. People bash on the v4 a lot, which is why Bandai had to come out with the half version to fix some of the problems. And thank goodness because the v4.5 is really fun!

I like the v4 shell designs, but I can't see myself ever buying one due to the annoyances people have mentioned. Glad you were able to find your old tamas though! Do you like the v2 or v3 better then?

I don't have a v4 but I've played with a v4.5 before and can see where you're coming from. People bash on the v4 a lot, which is why Bandai had to come out with the half version to fix some of the problems. And thank goodness because the v4.5 is really fun!

I like the v4 shell designs, but I can't see myself ever buying one due to the annoyances people have mentioned. Glad you were able to find your old tamas though! Do you like the v2 or v3 better then?
I actually quite like the V4, they definitely made improvements but a lot of negative changes too, so it's defo the worst of the three for me, but still good. When you get down to the basics all three are essentially the same.

Tough question about V2 and V3! I think the V3 is the better model because it's basically an upgraded version of the V2, and unlike the V4 none of the improvements they made backfired. You have a better selection of games, snacks, connection options and you can see your history. You also used to be able to use the website thing, but obviously that's gone, but you don't need it to care properly for your tama so it's not the end of the world. 

However, V2 was my first tamagotchi so I always view it through nostalgia goggles! I am also said they never brought back the slot game, which was fun and an easy way to rake up money.

I've had my v2 for longer so I feel the same. I think I just like the character selection better and I also enjoy the slot game on the v2. Both are very similar and I love both, but I feel like I'm more likely to run my v2 instead of my v3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back