Alternatives to Swearing: Non Swears!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyliesmum

Reaction score
It has recently been noted that the use of swearing has become common.

TamaTalk guidelines (aka rules) states that there is no swearing allowed on this site.

[SIZE=11pt]This is a family friendly site. All RPs on this site therefore must be family friendly and appropriate.[/SIZE]

The use of one letter followed by asterisks (B**) or systems tricks (using $ in place of s, abbreviations of curse phrases, dots, dashes, spaces, ect.) is not allowed.

If you feel you MUST swear, here is a list of alternatives to use;

use Taz swears; $#%&@ (they cannot be linked to any known swear)

use other words; (these are common in my home) Rats, OH Sugar!, Son of a Biscuit, Fudge and popsicles, CRUD, Apple (in place of the other "A" word)

make up your own word that doesn't look or sound like a known curse word (i.e. character: smogblot!)

or just use the word "swear" or "beep"

I would like to note that swearing goes against the policy of keeping TamaTalk friendly for people of all ages. We have members that are ages 6 to adult, and then some. Swears make some people extremely uncomfortable.

Any swearing in any post found after the date of this post may cause the specific topic in which it was found to be closed or deleted. No exceptions! Please use an alternative if you would like your favorites to remain open.

Thank you,

KM

Add-On: In the replies to this thread, members have stated that there are some inappropriate RP character pics. These should not be used either! please use the report button at the bottom right of the post to report it! Inappropriate pics, even if anime, will be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=8pt]Thank you! I am young.....9. I posted a fake age..... Also, people are posting dirty anime pics to show their charectors......like with no shirts or bras or pants on....comepletly naked....we have to stop it![/SIZE]

Hey lets say if i say "WTH?" witch could mean "What the heck" Or "What the H E double hooky sticks"

Hey lets say if i say "WTH?" witch could mean "What the heck" Or "What the H E double hooky sticks"
If you have to ask, then you shouldn't use it.

I have given alternatives to swearing, use those.

Can it not get closed? Cause some of the RP's i'm in are really fun, and some people swear..

Can it not get closed? Cause some of the RP's i'm in are really fun, and some people swear..
If you want them to stay open, make a note in your next post about the swearing policy.

It is not a new policy and has been part of TT rules from the beginning.

As stated above, anything found with a swear after the date this was posted will cause the RP to be closed.

Thanks. I am just 9 and some people are using really really really really inapropriate pictures to interperate their charecters! Also sorts of stuff that I am not allowed to talk about.....yuck!

I'm only 9, ok? I don't like it when they swear..... use the alternatives, ok?? Son of a biscuit - lol.

Thanks for all the positive posts that have been made in this topic on Alternatives to Swearing. It is really nice that so many ppl have taken the time to read a Pinned Topic :(

However, we have got to a stage in this thread where people are asking questions about swearing that have already been clearly answered in the topic - or repeating information already posted... so I hope everyone will understand why I am now closing this thread.

If you still have questions about what kind of alternatives to swearing you can use in RP - please take a moment to re-read the first post in this topic carefully... you will probably discover it has already been answered :ph34r:

[SIZE=11pt]If you can't find the answer to your question - and after careful thought, feel that you can't use the alternatives given to you, please send a PM to any of the guides team - but please, think carefully and sensibly before you do this - the fact that you disagree with what swears are allowed on TamaTalk and what are not allowed, unfortunately, is no excuse to break the rules![/SIZE] :(

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back