Am i the only one who gets sort of mad when this happens to me or do i just get mad easy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan576

Reaction score
So this one time I was at break and I pulled out a tamagotchi to take care of it and my friend went up to me and said "You know what that is right?" And I'm like "Yes...?" My friend is like "That's a tamagotchi" and I'm here just like "Mhm..." And it just kinda makes me mad because like I've been interested in them for almost 3 years and some people assume I have no idea what it is and just throw it into my Walmart cart or something lol I don't get too mad at it tho because if I really got mad at that like REALLY got mad at that that would be kind of like... weird so uh yeah am I the only one who is kinda bothered my that or?

I wouldn't be bothered by that at all, and certainly wouldn't get mad at it - it's a great opportunity to engage in conversation about a hobby! :smile2:

People aren't always aware of how long others have engaged with their hobbies, and maybe might find it disappointing to have an attempt at discussion being dismissed with something like "Mhm...". I think that this sort of conversation is worth welcoming.

You mentioned in another thread that you wish that you knew someone else with a Tamagotchi Pix so as to use its local connectivity, correct? A good response might have been to say "Yeah, I've been into them for a few years now! Do you have any?", or similar - that's how you might find someone else who enjoys them. ;))

I think you get upset precisely on the fact that you get judged for simply being interested in Tamagotchi’s which many believe that it’s just a children toy from the 90’s!

The problem is people don’t realize it’s more of hobby and so many people are still interested in them.

I used to get this and still do but in all honesty it stopped bothering me. I just briefly explain what I’m doing and carry on taking care of my pixel children! :biggrin:

I've found that when people are suprised and get excited about a Tamagotchi in the wild, they're often gut punched by nostalgia and wanting to know more.

I was taking care of a digimon while waiting in line to make an appointment to get my car's tires replaced and another guy in line was like, "is that a Tamagotchi?" You could feel the excitement emminating from him, he likely hadn't seen one in years, the unusual shape might have thrown him, etc. I gently corrected him but noted that it's made by the same people and that there's a huge community, I vlog my vpets, and that there's even color tamagotchi out in the states now! It gave us something fun to chat about as we passed the time. Even if he doesn't decide to get one, at least he will feel in the loop if someone he knows gets one.

Honestly, it sounds like your coworker was trying to connect with you on a personal level and find a fun way to pass the time as work breaks can be VERY akward when not having something to talk about, many people(myself included) are terrible at handling silence and will try to connect about ANYTHING which is very difficult and stressful when all you have in common with someone is work, even if y'all are friendly(speaking from personal experience). (^~^)ゞ
Like, of course they knew you knew what you had as you were playing with it, you pulled it out of your pocket :lol:

I wouldn't be mad but I think it's funny that they would think you didn't know what it was when it's yours XD But yeah like said I think they were just trying to be conversational with you, just in a strange way to bring it up XD

My neighbor saw my Pix and thought it was a FitBit. Who would wear something that big on their wrist?!

I laughed a little I will admit XD I wasn't even wearing it, it was just sitting out on the dining table, all Floral Pink looking. "Is that your FitBit?" which is particularly funny because we had just had a conversation the day before about how I didn't have a FitBit. Maybe she thought I ran out to get one and got the biggest, pinkest one they had XDDD

Lol I think I just get mad too easy

I wouldn't be mad but I think it's funny that they would think you didn't know what it was when it's yours XD But yeah like said I think they were just trying to be conversational with you, just in a strange way to bring it up XD

My neighbor saw my Pix and thought it was a FitBit. Who would wear something that big on their wrist?!
Hah lol XD aren't fit bits like really small how would they think it was a fit bit???????

Lol I'm just realized how silly it was I got mad at this when it happened

Latest posts

Back