Angel glitch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
I recently got a 2nd wave pink Japanese Tenshitchi, and it's glitching out on me T_T I tried resetting, replacing the batteries, cleaning it out, etc. but I'm still having the same problem. Basically whenever I press a button or transition to a new screen, the screen dims to where it's nearly unseeable, then comes back a moment later. For the most part it's a nuisance, hvaing to wait a second to see each status screen for example, but it makes the star jumping game near unplayable.

It was brand new, and I'm using new batteries with it. And yes, I reset before playing every time. It doesn't seem like it's a problem with the battery contacts; it doesn't fade in and out or anything, it just dims for exactly the same amount of time every time. It also happens when the screen transitions, like for evolution or the beginning and end of a game, without me pressing anything. It's almost like it's struggling to load. Before I reset, I could tell it was taking a little whlie to change status menus (like I'd be on onaka meter, press B, and it would dim... take a half second, then switch to ganbaru meter, then the screen would return to normal visibility).

Any tips or is the thing just too dang old?

I would still assume that the contacts are the first potential problem, especially since it was new-old-stock. The first thing that I do with any virtual pet that's had the batteries left in it for decades is to use a tiny flat-head screwdriver to carefully bend the contacts upwards a little bit. :smile2:

If you've already done that, then my next guess would be the capacitors - they don't last forever unfortunately.

This isn't that helpful, but I just want to add on that my brother's ocean tama had the same issue too, I didn't know this was a recurring thing! Might just be something about vintage tamas...

I think maybe there should be a guide to replacing capacitors. I know this isnt something anyone really wants to face but are we really going to let all these vintage gotchi's die? They need preservation. Maybe a Tamagotchi hospital.

Latest posts

Back