Angelgotchi Buttons

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

Reaction score
Meowdy! I've got an Angelgotchi, freshly opened, batteries changed... and the buttons are stubborn! It's very unpleasant to play with. I've opened it up again and tried cleaning the board/contacts, but they're still rough. Has anyone tried replacing the buttons? Or does anyone have any tips for making the buttons less awful to use? I'd love to do a run with my angel, but these buttons would drive me nuts before first evolution!

Just a thought, here: Assuming that this isn't just the rubber becoming tougher due to age, have you tried gently cleaning the carbon-pads on the backs of the buttons, as well? That's usually my first go-to when I encounter wonky buttons!

Just a thought, here: Assuming that this isn't just the rubber becoming tougher due to age, have you tried gently cleaning the carbon-pads on the backs of the buttons, as well? That's usually my first go-to when I encounter wonky buttons!
I haven't actually... I'll make that my next approach! Do you think just water probably?

Do you think just water probably?
I've only ever used a soft cloth (like a glasses cleaning-cloth), or some soft paper like kitchen paper or a tissue or similar. I've never found water to be necessary! :smile2:

Meowdy! I've got an Angelgotchi, freshly opened, batteries changed... and the buttons are stubborn! It's very unpleasant to play with. I've opened it up again and tried cleaning the board/contacts, but they're still rough. Has anyone tried replacing the buttons? Or does anyone have any tips for making the buttons less awful to use? I'd love to do a run with my angel, but these buttons would drive me nuts before first evolution!
My tama has a problem simliar to that, as sometimes the "C" Button is being held down by itself, and when i press on "A" to feed my little tama, it resets all my hard work! This has happned at least 3 times now.😭 is there a way to ensure that won't happen again?

I'd be really glad if someone could reach out as its very frustrating to reset it when you've spent weeks on it...

Did cleaning work for you? I replaced the buttons in my Ocean with some from a modern Tama re-release. Worked out great for me.

Did cleaning work for you? I replaced the buttons in my Ocean with some from a modern Tama re-release. Worked out great for me.
Sorry this took so long to reply! I've been traveling. It helped some! But not fully.

My tama has a problem simliar to that, as sometimes the "C" Button is being held down by itself, and when i press on "A" to feed my little tama, it resets all my hard work! This has happned at least 3 times now.😭 is there a way to ensure that won't happen again?

I'd be really glad if someone could reach out as its very frustrating to reset it when you've spent weeks on it...
I didn't have that issue specifically, but cleaning helped mine some!

Latest posts

Back