anyone know about this book?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of it myself, but it seems quite interesting. Did the listing show the inside of the book at all? I'm curious as to what kind of content it has. Does it have other information like number of pages, etc.? Or is it a pretty bare-bones listing? Hahha, I'm so curious.

I've heard of this, as these books come up on Japan You Want from time to time. :smile2: As far as I know, there are at least a couple of volumes, and they appear to be like a "catalogue" of what was on the market at the time of the book's release.

I own this book and its sequel!
It was published in September 1997 and features 80 types of digital pets split by category (American, Dinosaur, Bird, Dog/Cat, Other). So, we're talking peak boom here. Each profile features a rundown of each care icon, a look at a few of the sprites, and the author's ranking of cuteness/screen visibility/instruction manual thoroughness/ease of button pressing/addictiveness. It's a wonderful reference!

Last edited:
I can't believe there were 80 types categorized by everything from American to Dinosaurs – talk about variety! I haven't read that book, but your description has me intrigued. It seems like a gem for anyone into the whole digital pet craze. And can we take a moment to appreciate the author ranking cuteness, screen visibility, and addictiveness? That's next-level dedication!

Latest posts

Back