Are ON's and Meets really worth $200

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a wonder garden but its price has gone through the roof. It's ridiculous :(
I bought a Wonder Garden when it was released, I wasn't expecting the price to skyrocket around 200-300 USD especially since I recall the initial negative backlash. Everyone described it as a subpar Fantasy Meets and it seemed to be generally unpopular among the enthusiasts. Since the last couple of years, I would say the hobby has gotten more unaffordable and it's pricing out potential members. The Fantasy Meets fell into a similar fate but arguably even more out of reach aside from being regional. What caught me off guard is the default version/colours of Tamagotchi On (Green, Purple, Pink, etc..) are rising in listing price each day.

Really sucks that the ON models became so expensive all of a sudden. I was going to get one of those as a gift to a friend of mine, but when they suddenly started selling out and became harder to find, I just ultimately settled on getting them a Tamagotchi Pix instead. :(

Unfortunately, with each new release of Tamagotchi, the Meets/ON goes up in price because of the mixing genes functionality. And the ONS are definitely costly because not many in English were released, and they are heavily desirable. Even though they are the same exact thing as the meets. If you don’t care about the newer Mixing Meets app (the re-released app by fans, which is exact replica of the original app), then right now, I would purchase a Tamagotchi Some!!! The Somes are the same exact thing as the ON/Meets but can’t connect to the app. That’s all. The shells are actually more Beautiful in design (IMHO). I am lucky enough to have purchased every Meets/On editions when they were first released and kept doubles of each in the box (I always buy a double to collect). The Tamagotchi Smart is also a good choice as you can get download cards to add more and more content to your Tama Watch and right now, they are becoming more affordable, easier to get. I don’t like them as much as the Meets/ON but they are cool. I own all of them except anniversary edition. I do agree that prices are too high but it’s expected because the meets/on is one of the closest to original tamagotchi like features, out of the modern ones, and so far are the last to feature the mixing genes function (breed own type of tama character based on marrying two different Tamas). I suggest getting the SOME. I just purchased 2 of the purple Halloween looking ones for about 50$ a piece. 60 with tax. That’s 2 for around 120$ which is the cost (lowest cost average) for one meets/on. It’s the same exact thing!!!! Plus it was released in 2022. So it’s newer version of meets and screen is slightly different/better.

Unfortunately, with each new release of Tamagotchi, the Meets/ON goes up in price because of the mixing genes functionality. And the ONS are definitely costly because not many in English were released, and they are heavily desirable. Even though they are the same exact thing as the meets. If you don’t care about the newer Mixing Meets app (the re-released app by fans, which is exact replica of the original app), then right now, I would purchase a Tamagotchi Some!!! The Somes are the same exact thing as the ON/Meets but can’t connect to the app. That’s all. The shells are actually more Beautiful in design (IMHO). I am lucky enough to have purchased every Meets/On editions when they were first released and kept doubles of each in the box (I always buy a double to collect). The Tamagotchi Smart is also a good choice as you can get download cards to add more and more content to your Tama Watch and right now, they are becoming more affordable, easier to get. I don’t like them as much as the Meets/ON but they are cool. I own all of them except anniversary edition. I do agree that prices are too high but it’s expected because the meets/on is one of the closest to original tamagotchi like features, out of the modern ones, and so far are the last to feature the mixing genes function (breed own type of tama character based on marrying two different Tamas). I suggest getting the SOME. I just purchased 2 of the purple Halloween looking ones for about 50$ a piece. 60 with tax. That’s 2 for around 120$ which is the cost (lowest cost average) for one meets/on. It’s the same exact thing!!!! Plus it was released in 2022. So it’s newer version of meets and screen is slightly different/better.
Also, I’m so sorry, I just realized this was a old post and feel incredibly stupid :( was just trying to help lol

Latest posts

Back